Grundon vs Barclays

grundon
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6043 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all, got my statements back from Barclays yesterday (took about 5 weeks but they arrived in pretty good condition)

Anyway, an hour with a highlighter and calculator gave me illegal charges of around £4.5k over the six years (so I'm pleased to still be in the Small Claims Court limit)

Am hoping to complete spreadsheet and Letter Before Action tomorrow but as this is my first attempt at re-claiming will appreciate any advice anyone has to offer

I am a little ahead of you having already sent the prelim, it is very simple.

I never received a copy of my statements, they actually put them in a spreadsheet for me all sorted added etc. that was nice of them wasnt it.

Anyway they have had mine for a week now and i havnt heard anything another 7 days to go then i go to court, i will probably miss the LBA on advise from someone who works in a bank, but not sure yet

I will let you know what i do and how i get on

But good luck!

Hope all goes well, i will keep an eye open on how things are going for you

Caz

Me neither! If you used the standard prelim template, you've actually told them already that they'll have 14 + 14 days! Don't change your timetable, or they could claim that you've not done as you said you would.

Don't leave the illegitimi any loopholes!

D.:cool:

Thanks for support

Right, I've completed the complex bank charges spreadsheet and have one question before I submit.

The penalty charges are less the the £5k small claims court limit but if I add on the calculated bank interest charges (not the 8% interest) then the claim does exceed the £5k limit.

Does this make a difference to the track of the claim?

Thanks in advance - G

• 1 month later...

Thanks Michael for swift reply

Can I ask a couple of stupid questions:

1 - The first charge I'm claiming is within six years of my Prelim letter but more than six years from the date of my LBA (and hence court claim). Should I amend my claim to remove this charge?

2 - In the amount claimed box, on the MCOL form, I have to enter one amount. Do I include the s69 interest within this number?

Ok - many thanks now submitted (letter with schedule of charges going in the post this evening)

This is my first claim and I wanted to make sure i'd got everything right, the forum guidance has been really great :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

My MCOL was issued just over a week ago and I have a few questions if anyone can help:

Now my claim is issued should I PM my claim details to a moderator? If so, who do I contact?

Also, I received an offer from Barclays today for roughly 70% of the fees charged (but with no details of how they calculated it). Is this usual practice for Barclays (they have not acknowledged my claim yet)? Do I need to send them a rejection letter just yet or wait for their claim response?

Thanks

G

Hi grundon, yes you need to pm a moderator, you might have to try a few to find one with room in their pm box lol.

You should find a rejection letter suitable to send once you have started mcol in here

Rejecting Offers - Consumer Action Group

Hope that helps a little :)

28/2/07

Sent request for repayment of charges totalling £2,800 (I want it ALL back!).

8/3/07

Barclays send sorry your not happy letter

14/3/07

Letter before action sent

25/4/07

Barclays offer £1,790

27/4/07

Thanks but no thanks to the offer sent

28/4/07

Filed with mcol, now looking at a figure of £3,500, they should of paid up when i asked nicely :-D

11/5/07

Barclays acknowledge claim

30/5/07

Barclays defend claim

19/6/07

Received notice of transfer to Northampton County Court and barclays excuse for a defence!!!

• 3 weeks later...

As an update my claim was sent 8/5 and acknowleded on 22/5

I believe they have 28 days from date of claim to defend which by my calculations is tomorrow (6/6)

I guess I just sit and wait to see what happens tomorrow but if there is anything I should be doing now please let me know

Cheers

G

• 2 weeks later...

Hi - any idea how long does it take to receive the notification of transfer to local court? and does this arrive through the post?

Also, is there anything i should be doing in the meantime?

Help appreciated, as always icon12.gif