HELP - Me V Barclays

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5319 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All

I was wondering if anyone can help me. I have applied to Barclays for a refund of bank charges of £4098.00 plus interest. They offered a goodwill payment of £1000 which I refused.

I then filed a claim at the small calims court where Barclays eventually filed a defence. This has gone to the judge who has stated that they find in the banks favour unless I make a further statement by 10th April. I intend to write back to the courts including all letters and copies of my bank statements but I dont know how to word my statement to them.

Can anyone please help!!!!!!!!!!

Hi, am one step behind - i.e. Barclays have just filed a defence (on the last day possible of course) and now very worried about going to court and losing. What was the reason the judge ruled against?

I have read elsewhere on this site that someone who won rang up Barclays and asked if they wanted to settle which is not a tactic i thought of using till now. Does anyone have advice as to whether this less formal tactic (together with the court claim) is a wise one?

The Judge ordered that the claim is stayed on the grounds that the claimants statement of case discloses inadequate particulars of the claim against the defendant. But I have until 10th April to reply.

I am in the process of writing a letter giving copies of all letters and statements. I am also trying to explain why I think that these charges are unfair but not sure how to word the letter. Any ideas and help from anyone would be appreciated

Don't panic. .Have a good read here:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/53570-new-strategy-allocation-questionaires-3.html#post482194

And here:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/guidance-notes/64911-got-court-date-guide.html

This will give you all you need to know. The first part of the first link can be amended to become your POC. You must take great care when taking on a huge organisation like this. Your lucky a judge gave you some time.

Ukaviator

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

Thanks for your advice, this enabled me to write my Claimants statement whilst refering to some very good guidance and being able to insert some very good phrases etc. Hopefully when I file this claim tomarrow it will do the trick and I will get my money

Glad i could help..

Uk

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers