Transferable Tickets

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5287 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Please forgive me if this has been gone into before but this is a large forum

I parked my car on my usual pay and display car park today and found their had been some changes .First they had a plaque up saying that thy were implementing the 1991 act and then I noticed the new machine .You had to enter car registration in before you ticket came out and then there it was printed alongside your maximum allowed parking time.

This is obviously a device to stop people giving a valid ticket to other people on leaving the car park, as the attendant would recognise the ticket was not issued to the particular car it was on.

Now this may be complete and utter rubbish but it brought to mind something that Tam used to get bank charges refunded at the same rate as the bank was charging the customer it has a Latin legal term but basically it means what is source for the goose is source for the gander.

It occurred to me that if they were saying that the ticket is none transferable and belongs to the owner of that particular vehicle for the allotted time then aren’t you within your rights to say that the parking spot I just rented is also none transferable and is mine for the time I paid for .

So if I leave early they are not entitled to re let it until it comes back into their possession or they must refund me for the time I have not used up.

Otherwise they are selling the same commodity twice which can’t be right, can it?

Like I say this might be hogwash hopefully one of the legal eagles on here will have a look.

Best regards

Peter

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES TO COLD CALLERS PROMISING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES FOR COSTLY TELEPHONE CONSULTATIONS WITH SO CALLED "EXPERTS" THEY INVARIABLY ARE NOTHING OF THE SORT

BEWARE OF QUICK FIX DEBT SOLUTIONS, IF IT LOOKS LIKE IT IS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE IT INVARIABLY IS

Is the owner paying for parking his/her car there are they paying for parking a particular car there. What would happen if I came back within the allotted time but in my wifes car not my own?

Hmmm....