landlord living next door strolls into our garden

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6209 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, would be grateful for any advice on how to deal with our situation.

We live next door to our landlord; they're a nice family and we all get along fine.

The main issue is that a few times the landlord has just strolled into our garden and on one occasion we came home to find him chopping down a tree in the garden; last weekend I was standing in the conservatory, having just got up, and found him at the bottom of the garden hammering something onto the shed!

I should say that there is only a trellis at the bottom of our garden which he moves aside to gain access.

It's really beginning to irritate me; surely he's not allowed to do this is he?

I feel that he feels, because he's only next door, that he can just do this.

Thanks

you have a right to peaceful enjoyment so I would say he probably shouldn't be doing this. A chat with him would sort it out I would imagine.

[COLOR=blue][B]Defaultless since 2012 :)[/B][/COLOR][COLOR=green][/COLOR]

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/landlords-tenants/74053-access-property-landlord.html#post641916 - relates to the garden too, unless your tenancy agreement specifies otherwise, i.e. that your access to the garden is restricted or no access.

Remember to strike a balance between a mild irritation and relationship breakdown with your (so far) nice landlord.

If I were you (and I am a shameless hussy!:p ) I would try to embarass him by strolling around naked in the conservatory and making an enormous scene of shock upon him spotting you! Joke....or not;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I agree with Knoxvillain about this. however check also your tenancy agreement. In mine it says the landlord has to give 24-48hrs written notice for visits, which includes the whole property.

So i would go the landlord, explain to him that you are not pleased with his visits and see if you can come with a mutual agreement. Show him the contract if it states there that he has to give notice. It might not come up to his mind that it bothers you. Especially if he is just next doors and you go along well.

Be nice but firm, after all you have the right to your own space, which includes the garden.

LMS

Joa, it did cross my mind to sneak back into the house, strip, and then parade past. Having said that he's either arrogant beyond belief-possible-or genuinely doesn't realise. I will have a nice but firm word. Thanks for the thoughts