Wildheart Vs Barclaycard

wildheart83
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6128 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone.

I'm currently in the process of claiming back charges for Morgan Stanley, Halifax and Lloyds TSB which are all pretty straightforward.

However with Barclaycard, they passed the account over to Mercers Debt Collection (who I now know are part of Barclays) but they've stopped all correspondance with me on this account and they have shut down the account online. When I log on it tells me to phone a number which when you phone it has a cheeky person basically giving me grief and looking for money rather than actually helping me.

What I want to know is, can I claim back my charges even though I haven't made a payment to the account for a while (about 6 months, maybe more) since they stopped playing fair with me and sending me statements, letting me see account info on the internet banking site etc?

Thanks in advance for any advice

Yes, you can still claim! You can even claim if your account has been shut down.

Be sure to get a copy of your credit file to check if they have defaulted you, it is possible because they have passed your details to debt collection. If so, you can blame the charges and request they remove this in your first letter to them.

Good luck with BC, I am just about to take them on.

Thanks, i think i'll need all the help and luck i can get!

I know they have defaulted me on my credit file so i will be asking to get it removed and requesting the charges back as a cheque since they've blocked the account!

Good luck with your claim

Hi everyone. barclarcard have now passed my account onto wescot debt collection so should i send a copy of my prelim letter to them letting them know i'm in dispute with barclaycard over the charges. finally got a statement saying how much i owe them, and i think they owe me more in charges and interest than i owe them.

Best of luck, I'm still waiting for my statements back before 2004. Keep us posted how you get on with your default notice as I may have to follow your lead on this one. :)

If at first you don't succeed, dig your heels in!!!!!!!!!!:D

First Direct - SAR 27/2/07 ; Statements received 30/3/07; Prelim sent 31/3/07

Barclaycard - SAR 27/2/07; Statements to '04 received

Hit List - Halifax; Lloyds TSB; M&S Credit Card

Best of luck, I'm still waiting for my statements back before 2004. Keep us posted how you get on with your default notice as I may have to follow your lead on this one. :)

If at first you don't succeed, dig your heels in!!!!!!!!!!:D

First Direct - SAR 27/2/07 ; Statements received 30/3/07; Prelim sent 31/3/07

Barclaycard - SAR 27/2/07; Statements to '04 received

Hit List - Halifax; Lloyds TSB; M&S Credit Card

Thanks, i've got some of my statements going back to 2003 but not all of them so i'm waiting for them all. can't even check online since they've blocked my account.

I think i'll send a letter to Wescot to tell them I'm in dispute with Barclaycard so they can't pursue it at the moment.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone, just a quick update with Barclaycard. Got a letter yesterday, with my cheque attached saying they'll send me my statements going back to 2001 free of charge within 40 days. let the battle commence!

hi, just been reading your plight!! Im in the same boat Im claiming back aprx 450 in charges and my acs been defaulted and passed to 3 debt collection agents, the latest one is called 1st call, they are very stupid and horrid ppl to deal with, and even tho I have said i am disputing the debt they are still going through with entering a ccj against me!! if a ccj goes through will I still be able to claim my charges back, I dont know if anyone has any exprience with this, good luck with your claim tho.

ta ta helen

I don't know about getting a CCJ and the likes. I'm still waiting for all my statements to see how much they owe. Does anyone know where I can find out how much the DCA have added onto the account? Barclaycard haven't sent me any paperwork for months now so i really don't know where i stand with this one

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone, just a quick update.

I've had no communication from Barclaycard at all since the letter dated the 12th April. Called them today and the first person i spoke to said they hadn't received any request, then when i said that i had proof to the contrary she passed me to customer services.

He told me that since they were very busy i'd have to wait another 20 - 25 days! they've already had 43 days, why should i wait any longer?!

So i'm looking for a bit of advice about what i do next?

• 1 month later...

Ok got the first lot of statements from june 2004 til now. Total charges came to £340 so i sent off my prelim letter asking for this back. Got a letter in offering £136 back so I sent a letter saying I would take it as part payment and go to court for the rest.

Meanwhile I've got the rest of my statements in and the new total is £580.

Do I send off another prelim letter asking for that or go straight to LBA?