HSBC ..Total Charges Can I claim these????

hsbcfiddled
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4722 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

On my statements I have the following 'DR Charges'

Card Misuse.

Unpaid Item

Recall S/O - D/D

and on or about 12th or 13th of each month..

DR Interest

Which is followed by

DR Total Charges.

Now I am obviously claiming the Card Misuse and Unpaid Item chareges.:)

I expect to pay interest but about DR Total Charges icon5.gif

Your thoughts please.

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would feel that you would only be able to claim back the Card Misuse,Unpaid item and the Recall SO/DD charges but others on here may have a differenet view on this

PPMAN159

If this comment has helped please click on the scales.

Guest ian cognito

Yes they are claimable, they are a charge for exceeding your overdraft each month - go for it!!!

HI, yes these charges can be reclaimed.

I suggest you have a look at http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/hsbc-bank/

On there you will find others who ar claiming from HSBC like yourself. It also adviseable for you to start your own thread in there, where others who are in the same boat or further on can offer relevant advice on how to deal with certain parts of the claim.

Good luck and hope this has helped

I have totalled my charges up made by HSBC against me and they come to £4400 plus there is £910 interest taking it up to over £5300.

During the last six years I have been paying off a failed business through my private account with one loan replacing another until February 2004 when I was placed on a 'Managed Loan' (at the time I had been charged over £700 in charges) and had only rarely been into my overdraft-usually the day before my monthly pay cheque came in.

The majority of the charges (£3700) have been in the 12 months following being placed 'Kicking and screaming' on the so called Managed Loan.

Once on the managed loan our credit card was withdrawn and we had no overdraft facility- none of this had been explained to us. we were virtually penniless.

What I would like to know is how do I proceed from here?

Do I try for the full amount including interest for the bank charges that have been taken from me?

How do I calculate £3700 worth of charges that I paid against all the money that i have paid in against the extortionate rates that i have been paying in interest on the Managed Loan.

Incidently I have paid in about £10,000 towards the £16,600 Managed Loan since February 2004, and guess what! they have agreed to freeze the interest from now and I now only owe them £10,000. Arent I just the lucky one?

Please Advise as to my best course of action!

I think the best course of action is to request your full details from the bank using the SAR letter in the template library link below. The statements you receive from them will help you to track all the charges you paid and for what.

Letter Templates

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/

Good luck

hi, welcome to the forum. yes hsbc are generous to a fault!!!

take a good look at your statements now and highlight any charges. add them to a nice spreadsheet (i'm sending links below) and you'll be flabagasted at just how much these greedy people have taken off you over the years.

good luck with your claim.

Charges description on statements - Please Read

6. Interest calculation spreadsheets

If i've been helpful in any way....then tip my scales over there!

The first question you need to answer is whether you want to claim back Overdraft Interest (this is the interest that is charged to your account for being overdrawn and is also detailed on your statements) this can be a complicated things to understand and follow through on so many people don't go for this. If you do want to claim this then assuming you are in England then you would want to use the England Advanced spreadsheet for the software that you use e.g. Excel.

If not claiming Overdraft Interest then use the simple spreadsheet.

[Please don't confuse Overdraft Interest with the 8% Interest that only gets added onto your claim when you file court papers!]

:D

• Haha 1

Guide to claiming back your bank charges

Most of your questions can be answered by following this link.

thanks givememymoney,

If you read the start of my thread i mention the managed loan that the swines insisted i went on.

During the 12 months after commencing the managed loan they hit me for £3700 in charges at what percentage or type of interest do i use to calculate the effect that had on my repayments which i have maintained throughout?

Also there is the extortionate interest on the managed loan whilst they have screwed me for £3700 in charges.

What do I do please?

Not sure there is much you can do about the interest on the managed loan as you will have agreed that in advance but I know others that have a lot more information about managed loans than I do so may be able to give you more help with that one.

I am not sure I follow on your other question. The way it reads to me is that you have statements for the last 6 years of charges on your personal account of which you have charges totaling £700 up until about a year ago and in the last year you have had more charges totaling £3700 making a grand total of £4400 in charges on you personal account plus overdraft interest charges of £910. You can claim all of the £5300 back. In addition you can decide to reclaim interest on that amount in one of two ways. Either at the contractural rate of say 15.9% (this approach is very complex and you need to know what you are doing read Bongs thread at the bottom) or when you file for court you can then claim the statatory interest of 8%. I hope that helps. :D

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/hsbc-bank/33005-bong-hsbc-contractual-interest.html

am i a jackass or what?

Just sent off my first letter requesting return of charges ect.

Now I have just noticed that all the statements were not there.

There was gaps in between.

I have telephoned HSBC and been given details of charges that apply.

Now there is a further £386 in charges to add so what should i do please?

Yep as Michael says all you need to do is add them to your schedule when you send your LBA. The key thing is to make sure that all your calculations are 100% accurate when you file for court then there is no turning back without paying a £35 fee. :)

Ignore any replies, unless its an offer they will be delaying tactics.

Stick to your timetable and send in your letters on the 14 day due dates and submit your claim to the court on time.

If they make an offer then weigh up the pro's and cons.

pete

• Haha 1