Charges took me over my limit = more charges

Truffle

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5315 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

1st post, tried doing a search but it just threw up too much irrelevent info when all i needed was a quick reply.

I have an overdraft with HSBC (£1500). Becuase i was overdrawn for a while the bank saw fit to charge me £150 (and £21.50 interest) . However when they took this money from my account, my account was at -£1495.77 and therefore ended up at -£1667.27 (£167.27 over my limit).

There is now another £50 fee scheduled for next month becuase they have taken me over my limit.

Firstly I know about reclaiming charges, i have done it once before (about a year ago) thanks to this site. I am about to send off another claim letter for the charges incurred since then but before i do so i would like to know if i can deal with these two particular charges instantly.

Do i have grounds to demand back instantly over the phone the £150 they took from my account when there wasnt the funds available to do so and therefore the £50 charge that is pending next month?

Many thanks

-David

Hi David - I think it is worth a call to your manager (if you have one!) to get the charges dropped. I did this this month with Barclays and got £180 credited back to my account. If they don't play ball, then I'm afraid its back to the old prelim, LBA etc et etc!