Diamond v MBNA

achuaran

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5245 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Have just received a response to my SAR request on 2 MBNA accounts. First account was originally BOS and I have only been sent statements from January to December 2006. Had this credit card for many years. They have also returned my cheque and say they have not treated my request as a SAR - despite this being absolutely clear in my template letter. As a GOGW they will send me a cheque for £30 within next ten days as full and final settlement, and have enclosed a form asking me to specify what I require if I am unhappy with their reply.

Second account was orginally Virgin and similar story to above with statments from August 2004 to December 2006 and offering a cheque for £130 in full and final settllement. They also returned both £10 cheques.

Any advice on my next move most welcome.

Have just received a response to my SAR request on 2 MBNA accounts. First account was originally BOS and I have only been sent statements from January to December 2006. Had this credit card for many years. They have also returned my cheque and say they have not treated my request as a SAR - despite this being absolutely clear in my template letter. As a GOGW they will send me a cheque for £30 within next ten days as full and final settlement, and have enclosed a form asking me to specify what I require if I am unhappy with their reply.

Second account was orginally Virgin and similar story to above with statments from August 2004 to December 2006 and offering a cheque for £130 in full and final settllement. They also returned both £10 cheques.

Any advice on my next move most welcome.

Welcome to the forum! My God they are testing at the moment! Don't worry, they are doing this to everybody, you need to write back, stating that your SAR should have been treated as such. Return payment. Include ID (copy of driving licence is fine) and stick to your 40 days. Tell them you will accept their offer as "part payment" only.

As far as the form is concerned, tick that you want the full SAR and cross out the bit that says "copy of application" and replace it with "true copy of executed agreement".

Then watch them squirm.........!

Good luck & keep us posted.

Regards,

Corn

PS : Forgot to say, could you visit our FSA Mass Complaint thread below and contact Battleaxe in order to submit a complaint regarding MBNA's blatent disregard of your instructions. We are compiling a mass complaint and need as much support as possible! Thanks! :)

• Haha 1

CLICK ON THE SCALES IF YOU THINK I HAVE HELPED!

I AM NOT SCARED ANYMORE!:rolleyes:

MBNA - To quote "The Carpenters", We've Only Just Begun..................;):D

HSBC - Settled.

Capital One - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) issued.

Goldfish - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) issued.

Tesco - SAR issued.

Brill. Will do as you say and also add to the complaints.

Thats great, thank you!!!:)

HSBC - Settled.

Tesco - SAR issued.

• 3 weeks later...

Sent back forms as per Cornucopia's advice but, not surprisingly, nothing back from MBNA I still haven't banked the 2 cheques and wonder if I should now return them to MBNA with non compliance letters. Any advice appreciated.

• 3 weeks later...

Just a wee update. Had been trying, unsuccessfully, to 'phone MBNA re missing statements on both my own and Mr. A's accounts. Came home today to a message on the answer machine asking Mr. A. to 'phone them on a direct dial number. Thought I'd try and get some info. on my own account first, so telephoned the number and was eventually told that they had 'mistakenly' not requested my statements from HBOS, who my credit card was originally taken out with. However, she could see that during the past five years I had been charged £300.00 in late payment fees, but couldn't tell me how much in over limit fees. She then said that she was sending a cheque tomorrow for £270.00 - they'd already sent me £30.00 GOGW, and that when they received the missing stements they would refund any over limit fees. Mr. A. then spoke to her and was told they had sent him a cheque today for the balance of his charges - £192.00 - he'd already been sent GOGW £130.00 and had received all his statements. From reading the MBNA threads I was, not surprisingly, taken aback but will let you know if she is as good as her word.

• 2 weeks later...

Received full refund of Mr. A's charges yesterday.

Received further cheque for £270 -that makes £300 - interim payment of my charges today, with a promise of the remainder when HBOS forward statements to MBNA.

26/02/2007 - sent S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) for Mr. A

17/05/2007 - full refund - £332.00

26/02/2007 - sent SAR for mine

18/05/2007 - still ongoing but have received £300 so far.

• 4 weeks later...
Received final cheque for £224.00 today. Everything now repaid by MBNA. Very many thanks to all who have helped me.

I am delighted for you, well done!

Best wishes,

Corn x:)

HSBC - Settled.

Tesco - SAR issued.