hi does anyone know the answer please

jks2301
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6178 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi iv just been verbally offered a settlement by nat west for the full amount of my claim less the interest.

the problem is i have a loan a/c with them which is in collections although the reduced payments agreed are up to date.they say my repayment will be offset against this.

now i need this money so can i still issue the small claim as i havent had the offer in writing.- they say it will be three weeks till i get this.

the time scale i gave them is up tomorrow

any advice as what i should do?

if if wasnt for this i would accept but i beleive once i issue a claim any repayment comes to me in a cheque

thanks all

Not necessarily so. And the fact remains that if they come back to you offering your full charges returned in full, but without interest, YOU HAVE TO ACCEPT. Im sorry, I know its not the answer you wanted, but if their offer is for full charges, nothing short at all, then you do have to accept. No court would look favourably upon anybody pursuing the 8% interest if they had been offered the full charges back. Im sorry. Perhaps if you wanted to PM a mod on here they might offer something a bit more detailed as to why, but it would be somewhat foolhardy to pursue interest on this when you have been offered RETURN OF ALL FULL CHARGES. All the best, whatever you decide. Fendy xxxx

thanks for answer but what i meant was could i pursue claim as i have only had verbal offer or does that count the same as an offer letter.

the time limit i set in my 2nd letter expired yesterday so if i hadnt called them i would have gone ahead anyway. wish i hadnt now

Lol. Know what you mean. Technically, yes you can start claim if you have not received anything in writing to say they are offering full charges, but to be honest, I think its a close call. What if they argue to court that on XXX date they offered you charges in full, and you accepted. I know its not charges in writing, but it still might not look that good for you. Why dont you do a letter to them today or tomorrow, and fax it through saying unless they put it in writing to you in 3 days then you will be starting claim for charges plus interest. That way in court you have covered yourself. i.e. they offered charges back verbally but as letter was not forthcoming in the timescale given to them in writing, you had no choice but to file claim. Anything you send, make sure if its faxed you keep the fax confirmation or if its posted, you keep recorded delivery slip. Thats your proof that you told them you wanted it in writing. All the best. Whatever you decide. Fendy xxxx

Continue with your claim until the money is cleared and with you. Any court fees are claimable. Also always get everything in writing. Good luck.

A person is only as big as the dream they dare to live.

Good things come to he who waits

Its your money taken unlawfully from your account and you have a legal right to claim it back.

i spoke to three people

1st was the lady who had an offer was going to be made for full amount of charges only as they dont pay interest

i asked her to note i had asked for a chq as the a/c is closed to me

she said if i spoke to cms they would arrange for me to withdraw money once paid in

i rang them and the man said yes thats fine call back when money is in and we will sort it out

i came off the phone and on 2nd thoughts rang back to ask for it in writing

this time i was told by a diff man that no way would this happen it would be taken and offset against the loan and that i had been given wrong info before

jk2301,

They may be able to take for your loan, but i would definately carry on with the claim, because if you do get your interest as well. That wiill at least give you more to off set your loan.

Its your money taken unlawfully from your account and you have a legal right to claim it back.

Cheers Fendy action-smiley-033.gif

well what im thinking is i only pay 10.00 p/w to cms and need the repayment in bulk really but if i dont get it i havnt really lost cos i never had it in the first place

im gonna file the claim tom and chance it i think. if they use the phone calls against me it will also show two people said i would be able to get the money and one snooty b......d said i couldnt

no idea how to go about it tho i have to go to local court cos i exemp from fees will they tell me what to do

Your confidence is growing. You are ready for battle i think. Loads of help here. Just ask away. This might help you.if you are exempt from paying court fees.http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/25457-guide-reclaiming-bank-charges.html?garpg=9

its not confidence but desperation i think

its hard to beleive but over the course of just one year nat west ruined me offered no help when i was in trouble so i will show no mercy either lol.

worth a shot i think

They did it on me for 6 years and ruined my business to boot. Revenge is sweet, and revenge will be yours.

They did it on me for 6 years and ruined my business to boot. Revenge is sweet, and revenge will be yours.

nearly did it to me as well, i echo your words parky,i just can't wait for the day the postman delivers my little old cheque the day will be sweet and remembered till my dying day lol

another 3 people claiming bank charges today cause i told them about it,also a mate has recieved £11000 back (not nat west tho)

Tell everyone you know about this brilliant site. Loads of help availble. The revolution is well underway.;)

Tell everyone you know about this brilliant site. Loads of help availble. The revolution is well underway.;)

i find it amazing that so many people give up their spare time to help so many others,i didn't believe there was such a community spirit left in this little old country of ours,it is helping to restore my faith in the general public as no one seems to have any time for anyone else these days .probably to busy trying to earn some money to pay there bank charges.. Anyway keep up the good work everyone....

perhaps we can start harrassing the banks to clear cheques quicker next

good luck eveyone

scott

Tis a gem of a place Scott. Tis a gem. With good people who have a common cause at heart, and thats trying to make the banks play fair. Were not here to beat them over the head with a big vengeance stick, purely to try and get fair play for all for the future. Fendy xxxx

scott150663,

Thankyou for your amazement redface.gif you made me blush. Only joking. This is a fantastic site with a sort of virtual comradery. Which in its own way has created a very

efficient force to fight the enemy. ( banks ). Their are battles taking place all over the site. The generals (the moderators )give us guidance. Nattie our Nat West staff member is in charge of intelligence and espionage. So we have a real fighting force to be reckoned with. So Scott welcome to the CAG ARMY.

P.S. Nearly forgot to mention Fendy who is in charge of the mental torture unit. :D

jks2301,

Totally sympathise with you, but I am not 100% sure if they have set you up with a loan for your overdraft.That is a completely seperate agreement. If you are in arrears with the loan. They may let you settle your arrears with any settlement., and you might then be able to keep the rest. Don't let them intimidate you into an early settlement. Even if you have to go all the way to court. I would write to them to say that any settlement is only to pay of the arrears of the loan. Nattie is your man to tell you how the internal workings of Nat West work. I do wish you all the luck in the world. Tons and tons of help available on here. Just ask away.

Have a look at this thread:http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/natwest-bank/11431-nat-west-3-claims.html