Jump to content

Northumbrian Water - inaccurate CCJs

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5320 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then


Please click the "Report " link


at the bottom of one of the posts.


If you want to post a new story then


Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 



Recommended Posts

Sorry - it's a bit long & involved.


I rented a flat for a year ('99 - '00) & had a verbal agreement that the landlord would settle any outstanding water bills (I was in arrears) from my deposit - I was moving in with friends on a short-term basis prior to finding another property to rent/buy - before sending me the balance.


He didn't do so (or indeed return ANY of my deposit, but that's a whole 'nother thread).


Subsequently, Northumbrian Water tracked me down & pursued me for the debt. Like a berk I first told them to bog off & take it up with Mr Landlord, whereupon they whopped me with a CCJ & threats of bailiffs. I paid up.


A year or so later - more threats, another CCJ, paid up AGAIN.


It seemed a lot of money (£280 & then £395) but I assumed at the time that I simply had no way of finding out who owed what, as I didn't have the paperwork - didn't know about SAR.


Anyway, just found out that one of these CCJs is still on my credit record with Experian, so have obtained Cert. of Satisfaction from the court. In the process I rang NW to ask for a statement of my account, just in case I'd actually paid the same debt twice! The chap I spoke to said no problem, no SAR needed, he'd get a statement out to me showing that a) the amount was correct & b) it was fully paid.


Yesterday I receive a cheque for £93 - very nice too, but no letter, no statement - just the cheque & a comp. slip marked 'refund of overpayment'.


My question is: If their accounts were wrong all along (as refund suggests) - can I get these CCJs removed altogether, rather than merely marked as satisfied?


I'm not disputing that I was legally liable to pay any outstanding balance, but that they should be obliged to sue me for the correct blooming amount! :p

Link to post
Share on other sites


  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    • No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...