Multiple Claims

Spiff500

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5320 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Does anyone have any information on multiple claims to the same account?

Let me explain; I have gone through the process of clamining back a bunch of charges. At the present moment in time my claim has been filed with MCOL, 22 days later I'm still waiting . . .

However, in the interim since I have filed all my paperwork, spreadsheets etc. about another £300 of charges have been whacked onto my account?

I assume I am entitled to go through the entire process again to claim these new charges back? Or is there any legal reason why this is a one off procedure?

I can't see why you shouldn't. The only implication is that rather than threatening to close your account, they might actually do it. I expect you've opened a parachute account if you have a claim on the go already. If not, do it before you start the process for round 2. I'd go for it.

Kelly

Kelly

Settled: Nationwide £372.55

Before you do anything read this:

Guide to Reclaiming Bank Charges

Most questions can be answered by checking out these links:

Frequently Asked Questions

Step by step instructions

Letter Templates

And don't forget to use the search facility! Chances are your question has already been answered on another thread. Good luck

Yup - parachute accounts all set up; ready and waiting with a couple of quid in each.

Although it will be a significantly smaller claim second time round, I will be able to write with a greater degree of confidance.

"I refer you to my previous claim, to which I take your settlement as a tacit acceptance of legal defeat in this matter. As such, do I really need to go through the entire process again merely to prove that my legal position is still correct? May I remind you that you remain liable for s.69 interest and my legal costs"

or something like that ;)

Hi Spiff500

I'm sure there is no reason why you shouldn't start a fresh claim for the recently added charges. There are no legal reasons to stop you. One thing to bear in mind is that after your current claim is settled, you will get a letter from NWide telling you that if you are not prepared to abide by their T's & C's in the future you should consider banking elsewhere etc. Starting another claim would therefore very likely result in them closing your account. You've probably set up a parachute account in any case so that shouldn't make too much difference

Hello Spiff500!

I personally would make NO metion of the fact that Nationwide had already Settled a previous Claim with U.

To do so would only give them unnecessary bullets to fire back @ U.

Just keep your NEW Claim simple and follow the same procedure that brought U success last time!

The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men.

Blessed is he who in the name of charity and goodwill shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children.

And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers.

And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

(Jules Winnfield)

Hi again - seems that you've already had a similar reply during the time I was interrupted mid-posting.

Anyway I'm not so sure that NWide would accept it as a 'legal' defeat. They're simply not prepared to go into court to justify their charges and would probably argue that it would cost less to settle out of court as they currently do. They still believe that people will be too scared to take them to court - not us though eh!!! Go for it as Kelly101 says!! :)