• Tweets

• Oil and gold prices have jumped, while shares have fallen.View the full article
    • Thank you for your reply, DX! I was not under the impression that paying it off would remove it from my file. My file is already trashed so it would make very little difference to any credit score. I am not certain if I can claim compensation for a damaged credit score though. Or for them reporting incorrect information for over 10 years? The original debt has been reported since 2013 as an EE debt even though they had sold it in 2014. It appears to be a breach of the Data Protection Act 1998 Section 13 and this all should have come to a head when I paid the £69 in September 2022, or so I thought. The £69 was in addition to the original outstanding balance and not sent to a DCA. Even if I had paid the full balance demanded by the DCA back in 2014 then the £69 would still have been outstanding with EE. If it turns out I have no claim then so be it. Sometimes there's not always a claim if there's blame. The CRA's will not give any reason for not removing it. They simply say it is not their information and refer me to EE. More to the point EE had my updated details since 2022 yet failed to contact me. I have been present on the electoral roll since 2012 so was traceable and I think EE have been negligent in reporting an account as in payment arrangement when in fact it had been sold to a DCA. In my mind what should have happened was the account should have been defaulted before it was closed and sold to the DCA who would then have made a new entry on my credit file with the correct details. However, a further £69 of charges were applied AFTER it was sent to the DCA and it was left open on EE systems. The account was then being reported twice. Once with EE as open with a payment arrangement for the £69 balance which has continued since 2013 and once with the DCA who reported it as defaulted in 2014 and it subsequently dropped off and was written off by the DCA, LOWELL in 2021. I am quite happy for EE to place a closed account on my credit file, marked as satisfied. However, it is clear to me that them reporting an open account with payment arrangement when the balance is £0 and the original debt has been written off is incorrect? Am I wrong?
    • OMG! I Know! .... someone here with a chance to sue Highview for breach of GDPR with a very good chance of winning, I was excited reading it especially after all the work put in by site members and thinking he could hammer them for £££'s and then, the OP disappeared half way through. Although you never know the reason so all I can say is I hope the OP is alive and well regardless. I'd relish the chance to do them for that if they breached my GDPR.
    • The streaming giant also said it added 9.3 million subscribers in the first three months of the year.View the full article
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Help with AQ Stage - LTSB

Simonlines
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6209 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Ive been pursuing a claim against LTSB since early January, I am now at the AQ stage and am about to return the AQ to the courts together with new suggested draft order for direction. Do I need to enclose a further schedule of charges with the AQ & do i need to send defendents solicitors a copy of the AQ ? :???:

:) Sim

Sim Vs Lloyds TSB

09/01/2007 Prelim letter sent

15/01/2007 Standard Reponse from bank

20/01/2007 LBA sent to bank

07/02/2007 GWG Payment reced £750.00

22/02/2007 Letter to bank accepting GWG as part

payment only.

01/03/2007 Issue MCOL

06/03/2007 Deemed as served

26/03/2007 Defence entered by SC&M &

Transfered to local court

04/04/2007 AQ & Fee delivered to court

TEXT BOOK ! !

AQ Sent ! Many thanks Barty !

Sim Vs Lloyds TSB

payment only.

01/03/2007 Issue MCOL

TEXT BOOK ! !

AQ with draft order and court fee handed in at local court today ! !

Now sit and wait I guess, the end is nigh, hopefully ! !

Sim Vs Lloyds TSB

payment only.

01/03/2007 Issue MCOL

TEXT BOOK ! !

Hi

Just tagging on to your thread as I am at exactly the same stage as you! I returned my AQ to the Court and SC&M on 26 March and am now waiting....

Are LTSB using SC&M in your case?

John

AQ with draft order and court fee handed in at local court today ! !

Now sit and wait I guess, the end is nigh, hopefully ! !

Did that a month ago and still waiting to hear anything :(. Good Luck hope you hear faster than we have........................!

amber_ellie :)

Hi John, Yeah Lloyds are using SC&M with me too ! !

Sim Vs Lloyds TSB

payment only.

01/03/2007 Issue MCOL

TEXT BOOK ! !

did they grant lloyds a stay? coz i heard they are asking for this as a stalling tactic

xxx

Don't know. I rang the courts over a week ago to ask but was told papers all gone to District Judge so they couldn't tell me. Still not heard anything:(.

amber_ellie :)

I havent seen a copy of SC&M/Lloyds AQ as yet, so not sure if there are going to try and submit a stay with me, I'm sure SC&M will do all they can to delay matters further ! ! !

Sim Vs Lloyds TSB

payment only.

01/03/2007 Issue MCOL

TEXT BOOK ! !

I really dont know why they bother!! they know they'll have to give it back in the end anyway!!

:p

Guess we all just have to sit and wait and day dream about what to spend our money on

LOL

xxxx

hi simonlines i also took my AQ into the courts today!! i also used the request trying to prevent a stay by SC&M will have to see if it works!!! will keep looking in on your threads to see how your doing

GOOD LUCK ANYWAY!!!

;)

Goodluck to you too housekeeper, Let me know how your claim progresses ! !

Sim Vs Lloyds TSB

payment only.

01/03/2007 Issue MCOL

TEXT BOOK ! !

The deadline for SC&M to supply there AQ is the 14th April. If they fail to supply the AQ by the deadline what is the next step ? ? ?

Sim Vs Lloyds TSB

payment only.

01/03/2007 Issue MCOL

TEXT BOOK ! !

HELP ! ! !

Just received my post today and I have two letters, one from the courts and one from SC&M.

The Court form gives me an Premlimimary hearing date of the 13 June 2007 and says

Sim Vs Lloyds TSB

payment only.

01/03/2007 Issue MCOL

TEXT BOOK ! !

I have just rang the bank on the number supplied by SC&M just out of interest really. I ask whether the branch manager would be settling my claim at a proposed review meeting, as expected the lady confirmed that branch managers where not authorised to settle bank charges claim. I therefore advised her that it was pointless setting up an account review. and said I would continue my claim via the necessary channels.

Should I write to sc&m and inform them that I have contacted the bank and no offer of settlement was made and that i will be continuing my claim via the county courts reiterating the prelim hearing date ?

Some advices would be appreciated, also to my previous thread and prelim hearing ? ? Is this all pretty standard stuff ? ?

Sim Vs Lloyds TSB

payment only.

01/03/2007 Issue MCOL

TEXT BOOK ! !

Looking ahead, a situation which gives rise to a dispute is not one the Bank wishes to continue. In view of this you are requested, please, to make contact within the next 14 days with your local Branch Manager on . 0845 3 000 000, to review your account. A review may be useful to consider whether your current banking arrangements are the most appropriate for your needs.

We await confirmation from the Bank that action has been taken.

[/Quote]

Lloyds used to insist you had a review prior to paying out.

Reading that bit, it says to me that they are going back to that way again - have a review and we will pay out. May be wrong, but that is what it reads to me.

Please note that I am not a legal expert and all advice given is without prejudice and is purely my opinion only.

** Nationwide - £1821.15-PAID IN FULL - Aug 06 **

** Halifax Mortgage -£390 - PAID IN FULL - Nov 06 **

Lloyds TSB - MCOL issued 09/03/07 - £2953 + costs - ON HOLD....

Hi

I suppose it depends what "review" means? You could read it both ways I suppose, and being optimistic it might be the bank's way of "building bridges". Unless there are other reasons (eg defaults on other accounts) they cannot ask close your account as that will be contrary to the Banking Code.

On balance I would be prepared to go along to a "review" meeting to (a) see what they have to say and (b) show to the court that you are exploring all avenues of dispute resolution.

John

The reviews at Lloyds basically try and sell you things - for example, if you have an overdraft they try and turn it into a loan; take out income protection; upgrade your account etc.

Please note that I am not a legal expert and all advice given is without prejudice and is purely my opinion only.

** Nationwide - £1821.15-PAID IN FULL - Aug 06 **

** Halifax Mortgage -£390 - PAID IN FULL - Nov 06 **

Lloyds TSB - MCOL issued 09/03/07 - £2953 + costs - ON HOLD....

Had the contact us and we will review letter today-

Also had in the same batch dated the same date (5th April) an offer to settle in full - not seen it yet as at work but missus phoned to tell me

will update later

If I have managed to help you in anyway then please click my scales

:eek::evil::-D

Thats interesting Witchywarloc, SC&M seem to work in very mysterious ways, no consistancy at all ?, hopefully I'll receive a settlement letter in the next few days. How much was your claim for ? ?

Sim Vs Lloyds TSB

payment only.

01/03/2007 Issue MCOL

TEXT BOOK ! !

Tell them you offered them every opportunity to resolve matters prior to litigation and they did not want to know - insist on a settlement before you go anywhere near the bank for any sort of "review".

Hi

I suppose it depends what "review" means? You could read it both ways I suppose, and being optimistic it might be the bank's way of "building bridges". Unless there are other reasons (eg defaults on other accounts) they cannot ask close your account as that will be contrary to the Banking Code.

On balance I would be prepared to go along to a "review" meeting to (a) see what they have to say and (b) show to the court that you are exploring all avenues of dispute resolution.

John

Under normal circumstances John I would completely agree - however Lloyds are not your average opponant. They are not interested in litigating by the rules or normal boundaries - they fight dirty and if you give them an inch they will take a mile.

I would strongly advise anyone who gets a letter such as this to insist on a settlement before attending any "review" and to be honest even then I'd think very carefully about it.

Simon, was this the full order? -

At this hearing the court will consider:-

A) to stay the claim pending the decision in a test claim involving the defendent, or

B) to give direction for this case to be heard as a test case, and if necessary to re-allocate the claim to the multi track for that purpose.

Please remember to DONATE! Help CAG keep up the fight!

Any advice or opinion is offered informally & without liability. Use your own judgment and if in doubt seek advice of a qualified and insured professional.

Hi Gary,

This is the full order received from the court headed "Notice of allocation to the small claims track (preliminary hearing)"

DISTRICT JUDGE SPARROW has considered the statements of case and allocation questionnaires filed and allocated the claim to the small claims track.

Before the claim is listed for hearing, the judge has ordered that a preliminary hearing should take place because: ­

Special directions are needed in this claim to prepare for the final hearing which the judge would prefer to explain to you in person

At this hearing the Court will consider either

(a) To stay the claim pending the decision in a test claim involving the Defendant, or

(b) To give directions for this case to be heard as a test case. and if necessary to reallocate the claim to the multi track for that purpose.

Not less than 14 days before the preliminary hearing the defendant shall file with the Court and serve upon the Claimant details ­ in which will determine the issues in this claim. Alternatively the Defendant shall file with the Court and serve upon the Claimant' ­draft directions for this case to proceed as a test case.

The Claimant may make any representations to the Court in writing provided these are received by the Court and served on the Defendant not less than 5 days before the preliminary hearing. If either party is prepared to abide by the decision of the Judge as to the directions to be given, that party is excused from attending the preliminary hearing.

The preliminary hearing will take place at 14:00 on the 13 June 2007 at Lowestoft County Court, Old Nelson Street, Lowestoft, Suffolk, NR32 IHJ

Is this pretty standard stuff?, its making me a little nervous now. is there anything I can do or need to do in the meantime.

Thanks in advance for your assistance Gary !

Sim Vs Lloyds TSB

payment only.

01/03/2007 Issue MCOL