• Tweets

• Thanks again. Corrections made. Shall I submit now?   The Defendant contends that the particulars of this claim vague and are generic in nature. The Defendant accordingly sets out its case below and relies on CPR r 16.5 (3) in relation to any particular allegation to which a specific response has not been made.   The Claimant has not complied with paragraph 3 of the PAPDC (Pre Action Protocol). The Claimant Failed to serve a letter of claim pre claim pursuant to PAPDC changes of the 1st October 2017. It is respectfully requested that the court take this into consideration pursuant to 7.1 PAPDC.   1. It is denied that details of the tuition fees have been delivered to me. It is denied I entered into any form of credit agreement with Goldsmith’s University.   2. It is denied any sums are outstanding or due.   3. Further on 28th September 2021 I issued a CPR 31.14 Request to Brachers LLP Solicitors requesting the signed Contract or Agreement and any General Terms and Conditions relied upon for this claim. The CPR 31.14 request was delivered on 1st October 2021 by Royal Mail Signed for postal service tracking number GQ-redacted-GB   To date I have not received a reply to this nor have I received any documentation evidencing the validity of the claim from Brachers LLP or any other party.   On the basis that STA and Brachers LLP acting on behalf of Goldsmith’s University have not produced a signed agreement or contract as evidence that I owe this amount I dispute the claim in full.   4. It is denied the claimant is entitled to claim interest pursuant to sec69 of the County Court Act 1984. It is denied that there is any debt outstanding or due.   5. By reasons of the facts and matters set out above, it is denied that the Claimant is entitled to the relief claimed or any relief.   Notwithstanding the above the claimant is invited to disclose all relevant documents in connection to its claim and on which its claim is based. Pursuant to CPR 16 and PD 16 any claim for monies based on a contract/agreement must be disclosed and the original signed contract /agreement are available for any hearing.  
    • they are not the claimant!! delete:  Claimant Michael Ronald Oatham of   5. By reasons of the facts and matters set out above, it is denied that the Claimant is entitled to the relief claimed or any relief.   red bit is for ref only not to be filed   dx  
    • Hi sorry for lack of replies/updates. I’ve been on holiday since 5/10 and only due back home tomorrow 26/10. I didn’t send the snotty letter before I went on holiday, I’m guessing it’s too late to do when I get back? If so what are my options now? apologies once again for not following advice given  
    • I've noticed a pattern with these supermarket cases where the supermarket fobs off the first complaint.  It's only motorists who follow up that get anywhere.   So I suggest you get nasty now.  E-mail them again.  No way is your father going to waste his time with a kangaroo court appeals procedure where the fleecers investigate themselves.  Lidl are the organ grinder.  About time they faced up to their responsibilities as they invited these vermin to infest their car parks.  Your dad refuses to pay.  When court action ensues he will add Lidl as a third party.  The local press will also be invited to court to publicise how Lidl treat a 91-year-old just doing his shopping accompanied by his wife who has Alzheimer's.  The same goes for the fact that Lidl and the fleecers are breaking the criminal law by pretending there is a 1-hour limit when the original planning permission stated otherwise.*  Plus their breach of equality law.  All this unpleasantness could easily be avoided by Lidl calling their dogs off.  Etc.   Now you still might not get anywhere since, as already scribbled, Lidl recently seem to have had a change of policy, but worth a go.   *This is a bluff as you don't know for sure, but it is highly, highly unlikely that the original planning permission for a supermarket only allowed one-hour free parking.  When you get time look up what the original PP was on your local council's portal.  EDIT  I was just about to post this when the cavalry arrived in the form of LFI.  So confirmation that Lidl/the fleecers have defied PP and just made up their own limit.  So, not a bluff at all.  Still look up the original PP though, I bet it was longer than 90 minutes.   Even if the above doesn't work, simply don't pay.  As BN says, if this ever got to court the judge would kick it out in about a quarter of a second on the grace period alone.
    • I think it was/is a fairly unprofessional outfit, so every chance he was a sole trader before registering a company, if he even declared himself as self-employed.   In the text messages he suggested my son was also self employed and that he as a boss didn’t have to pay pension or holidays.    It did cross my mind that if that was the case, maybe my son should just invoice him?   (My son was a 17 year old labourer in his first job since leaving college so he would have been quite naive about the whole situation.)    
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

Contact details?

Poppy07

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5285 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I would like to contact Nationwide with regards to settlement, I have submitted my claim through mcol, which they have stated that they are going to defend, its been about 20 days and I would like to ring and see if they want to settle. Does anybody have the correct name and contact number?

Thanks

POPPY07

Hi Poppy07

I would wait a few days before you do anything else. My claim was recently settled after 21 days, several others around that time had a similar wait before being paid and there are currently quite a few still waiting for payment having gone beyond three weeks. Your claim will be in the queue and when you get to the top of the list you get paid!!! It could go right up to 28 days though.

Hi again Poppy07

Yes - just like that. No warning or anything!! A letter followed in the post about three days later saying how much they had paid and what they had paid (charges, s69 interest, court fee). It also went on to say that if I wasn't prepared to abide by the T's & C's in future that I should go and bank elsewhere - or words to that effect anyway :)

...CAG should become the People's Bank!!
Apparently, Nationwide, cos it's STILL a Building Society, is OWNED by it's Members (...i.e. U + Me etc) and doesn't have shareholders as such, to make a profit for.

It therefore follows that Nationwide IS/SHOULD BE a "People's Bank"!!!

The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men.

Blessed is he who in the name of charity and goodwill shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children.

And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers.

And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

(Jules Winnfield)

......and it makes a big thing about being PROUD TO BE DIFFERENT when in fact it treats it's customers no differently to any other profit making, shareholder-driven financial institution. It will be interesting to hear what 'members' have to say at the next AGM about NWides policy regarding bank charges and a recent statement from their Chief Exec elect. Anyway....sorry Poppy, mustn't hi-jack your thread to air my opinions any more. Hope you get what's rightfully yours very soon.

I would like to contact Nationwide with regards to settlement, I have submitted my claim through mcol, which they have stated that they are going to defend, its been about 20 days and I would like to ring and see if they want to settle. Does anybody have the correct name and contact number?

Thanks

Patience is a virtue...

It will do your head in if U talk to someone on the phone.

They will deliberately try to confuse U and scare U into either dropping your Claim, make U false promises of payments so that U f*ck up your claim, or else try to persuade U to accept LESS than U are entitled to!!!

...in a word...

CHILL!...8) ...:)

The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men.

Blessed is he who in the name of charity and goodwill shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children.

And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers.

And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

(Jules Winnfield)

• 1 month later...

Thanks

i wouldnt do that i think that weakens your case and makes them think ur desperate. they will pay up just wait those last few days its usually the day b4 the day 28 they pay up. mr bacon is the man to e mail, send him a gentle reminder by re sending him ur statement of charges again.copy everything to the court via rd

muffintop

Won Nationwide £900 and £1908 Bank Charges

Lloyds personal account 1,861

Lloyds Bus Account 2k

Abbey bank acc. Stayed 2008

CCA requested Barclaycard Nov 08 - n1 issued - GAVE UP

CCA Mbna Nov 08- n1 issued - GAVE UP

Marks and Spencer Money Nov 08 -lost found 2b enforceable.

Tomson Holiday - WON

if I help you tip my little scales it gives me a thrill. MT

actually listen to milk try man as above you mustn ring.take a look at my threads if u like just won 2nd case with nationwide last week. skeggsy v nationwide

muffintop

Lloyds Bus Account 2k

Tomson Holiday - WON

Apparently, Nationwide, cos it's STILL a Building Society, is OWNED by it's Members (...i.e. U + Me etc) and doesn't have shareholders as such, to make a profit for.

It therefore follows that Nationwide IS/SHOULD BE a "People's Bank"!!!

milk tray man have you gone for wasted costs yet? we could do with a leader to follow

muffintop

Lloyds Bus Account 2k

Tomson Holiday - WON

I waited and got my money! Yay!!! Have also put my second claim in as had to originally split it into two as its over £5k! They have until the 16th May for this one!

Tell me more about this wasted costs situation, have read bits about it here and there, but not really sure where to start!! It seems its definitely worth doing tho!

POPPY07

I only know what Bf has put on the new posts with templates, it seems there is no risk, when I start it I will post new thread seems no one has done it yet. Im goinna charge 12.00 a letter just like they do

muffintop

Lloyds Bus Account 2k

Tomson Holiday - WON