Jump to content

Scott vs First Direct


style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5302 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then


Please click the "Report " link


at the bottom of one of the posts.


If you want to post a new story then


Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 



Recommended Posts

Hi all


Been here for a while reading and decided to take the plunge. I was initially reticent to start as I am currently on a DMP with FD being one of my main creditors. Anyway I phoned them and asked about duplicate statements and about a week later I got the statements for one account but not the other.


For this account I have been charged around 2k excluding interest over the last six years.


So I sent a prelim letter asking for this amount back using a template from this site. Anyway, this morning - 16 days after my prelim went to them I received an offer of 1700 (80%). However, 2 days ago I sent my LBA. Should I reply saying "Thanks - thats a start but I want the whole amount" or should I just leave it since they have just received my LBA and see what comes out of that?


My second account's statements arrived two days ago and have been charged 1400 on that so I have just sent a prelim for that amount as well.

So all in all they have taken around 3500 from me excluding interest. It will only make a small chink in what I owe them anyway but its worth getting it back!.


Good luck to one and all



Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Scott,


In exactly the same position with the same region of charges as you and a DMP. I've filed my court claim and am waiting for a court date. Don't forget if you get as far as court you can add 8% statutory interest, you will be surprised how much more this will add to your claim over time reducing your debt. Remember it's a separate issue from your debt, and in the end will mean that there is more of your 'spare' cash (if only!!) to go towards the other creditors on your DMP.


Stick with it mate.



P.S. I would alter your amount you posted in your thread to a less precise figure, just in case the bank can figure out from dates etc. who you are etc. Might just be paranoid, but it's worth considering


If this is in any way helpful click on the scales of justice below my name to the left of the post.

  • Haha 1



First Direct - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 29/12/06

Statements recieved 15/1/07 - >£3000 owed

Prelim sent 16.01.07

Partial offer received 01.02.2007

LBA and letter rejecting paltry offer sent 02.02.2007

MCOL filed mid Feb 07

AQ 26th March



BoS - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 29/12/06

Statements received 1.02.2007 - Prelim sent 02.02.2007

Link to post
Share on other sites

Cheers Dub. I have altered the figures to less precise figures! Thanks for the hint. Should I send them a letter (as well as the LBA) declining their offer?


Thanks for your advice.



Link to post
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

Got a quick question that I hope someone can answer. I sent a letter rejecting their offer and their 14 days are now up and I am about to put a claim in on MCOL. My question is that the last schedule of charges that I sent to FD didn't show the interest charges but in the covering note I said that I would be claiming interest. Is this sufficient or do I need to send another schedule with the interest shown? Thanks all

Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the reply. I have posted my claim on MCOL and sent the schedule of charges back to the court. Just a case of waiting now. I have a second account with FD and they have just offered me 80% of my claim for that so I believe that I might be raising a second claim very shortly. :-)

Link to post
Share on other sites


  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    • No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...