Ash Vs Abbey

Tash81

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5319 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

This is my first post, although I have been following the excellent advice posted on this website. I have already requested bank statements and then sent my intial demand for the refund of £800 charges and £200 interest for charges on my Abbey current account on the 22 February 2007. On the 23 March 2007 I received a response from Abbey (see the below copy of what they said) saying they have investigated my complaint and that as a gesture of goodwill they will refund £170 directly into my bank account. I have looked at the offer refusal letters http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/25716-rejecting-offers.html but I'm not sure which one applies to my situation. Please help?

Thomas Ash

"Thank you for your letter dated 22 February 2007, about the charges on your bank account. I have now carried out a full investigation on your behalf.

I'm sorry you are unhappy with the charges and I understand you would like these refunded. Although the charges were correct, as a gesture of goodwill, I am happy to refund £179. Your account will be updated within 10 working days.

I appreciate your feelings on this matter but we are satisfied that the charges do not contravene the unfair terms in consumer contractes regulations 1999. We also comply with the Office of Fair Trading, in dealing fairly and openly with out customers.

When opening your account you were provided with information detailing the terms and conditions. We have also sent you regular updates and tariff of charges, which detail the amounts of our charges. I have enclosed a further copy to you."

There is some more but it's more blah blah nonsense.

Thanks for all your help everyone, t0ssers!

:o :o :o :o

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/abbey-bank/77506-elma-abbey-started-court.html

posts#11-14 should be relevant

All advice offered here is my opinion only based on what I would do in a given situation. If you wish to act on it you do so at your own discretion

I have no legal expertise or qualification, and give advice on the basis of my own experience and nothing else.