Hutchinson mobiles

AlNewton
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6231 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I am having some issues with Hutchinson. I took out a contract phone in August 2004. In September 2004 I lost the phone, my own fault. I called Hg3, explained the situation, advised that I would not be claiming on insurance and I would buy myself a new phone, and could I please buy a new sim card from them. They agreed to this, charged me for the new sim card, and told me I would have it in two days. It took them two weeks (with me calling them every two days) for them to get the new sim card to me. I then gave them the sim and phone reference numbers and they told me it would be connected within 24 hours. I was told this every day for over two weeks. On around the 16th day, I advised them that if they did not connect the sim card within 24 hours, they would be in breach of contract as in the supply of service and goods act 1982 it states that, "it is your responsibility to supply the service that I am paying for “with reasonable care, skill and performance, within a reasonable time..” To this, I was told they would not be able to connect the sim card for another two weeks, over six weeks after I ordered the sim card. I then told them verbally, and in writing that I was terminating the contract and requested they send me an invoice for the Moines outstanding to the date of termination.

I did not hear anything from them. No invoice, nothing. For about a year everything was fine until I applied for a credit card!! After it was declined, I obtained a copy of my credit file and found that Hg3 had listed me as defaulted. I have since written 5 letters to them, I have heard nothing back, they have ignored each letter. I then took my case to trading standards, they agreed with me, I was in within my right, and they took it upon themselves to contact Hg3. They were ignored as well. They then advised me as this is a civil case and they could not help me further.

I am now stuck. I am not sure what is the best way forward. Hg3 do not respond to me and they have sent me no invoice, so how can they claim this money is defaulted, and how do I force them even to enter a dispute on this matter. The phone was a work phone and at the time I lost two contracts, as no one could get hold of me.

Any ideas?? Please help!!