Please help with my parking ticket!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6008 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have received a parking ticket for "parking with one or more wheels on any part of an urban road other than a carriageway (footway parking)."

I did park with 2 wheels on the pavement as this is what the sign looked like I could do and every other car is the street was.

The sign was in two parts, it was a blue and white sign with a picture of a car parked with two wheels on the pavement, it also had the same picture to the left but with a red line crossed through it. There was no writing explaining what this sign meant! Seems to be a confusing sign! Is this legal? I have looked at the current highway code and cannot see this sign anywhere in there!

Also the white markings on the pavement are very faint and could be miss understood for smudges. Don't they have to be a clear unbroken line? Is there something in the highway code saying that lines have to be clear and bold?

I also asked for the 'Traffic Regulation Order' for the road that I parked in, I called the council today and was advised that the street doesn't have one! Can they still issue me a ticket with no regulation?

My appeal has been rejected by the council and now I'm going to appeal to the Independent Parking & Traffic Adjudicators. Can anyone give me some advice on my points.

Please help!!

Jonny

Guest xipetotec46

also asked for the 'Traffic Regulation Order' for the road that I parked in, I called the council today and was advised that the street doesn't have one! Can they still issue me a ticket with no regulation?

It is the TRO that makes lines and signs etc legal and enforceable, the answer is no they can't book you unless they have a Council bye law that states no parking on footways, because there is no legislation yet for parking on footpaths other than for heavy vehicles, so tell the Council to cancel your PCN because there is no TRO in force, follow this up with an email requesting information under the FOI act as to how many PCN's have been issued on the road with no TRO in place, if any then they will have to refund, I did this on Wigan Council they now have to cancel 35 PCN's and issue back more than a thousand pounds in illegally taken charges.

• 7 months later...