Mackenzie Hall, A thread with a difference

delta6370

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5098 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Not sure where to put this, so thought here was a good place and no doubt a mod will move it if needs be.

But just been reading the local papers and glancing through the jobs section I cam across this...

it seems that Mackenzie Hall are opening a new office in Blackburn and they are looking for telephone call centre staff (investigators).

It does say that you need call centre/debt collecting experience, full training provided.

It then says 'The candidate must have excellent telephone skills and the ability to overcome objections. You will be required to generate investigation leads via the telephone and must be able to work within a target based enviroment.'

Oh and you also need basic IT skills! :cool:

Good basic salary + bonus + incentives (OTE £17k)

So would anyone local the Blackburn like the details to apply for the job of a lifetime? ;)

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow! :eek:

DCA's actually recruit via local newspapers?! I thought maybe they had a job centre set up in the depths of hell to put these people in employment!

I'm looking for a job right now, but no thanks! I'm not willing to sell my soul just yet :rolleyes:

Hit the scales, you know you want to :p

Does it not state you need to be obnoxious and rude to apply, and also it helps if you are a bully? Had to laugh at an email I recevied from them in which the bloke stated, we don't have time to send individual letters to people we only like to deal over the telephone! Now had 3 "this is a one off offer" letters, all identical - hilarious. Muppets the lot of them :)

I was going to apply for the job but discovered my parents were married when I was born. So that rules me out

Laughing my head of at that coment !!!:D

Wow! :eek:

I'm looking for a job right now, but no thanks! I'm not willing to sell my soul just yet :rolleyes:

AH go on Ally- you could work as an insider for us on here :D

Just hate every DCA out there

Ooooo, like be a spy?! :rolleyes:

I reckon when they say 'training provided' that means they do a Doctor Who cyber man type transformation on you. You know, remove your heart and replace it with a watch and take all yer emotions away and stuff.

Now I'd go work for them for inside info and all...but I can't handle being made of metal, how do you go to the toilet? It just seems un-hygienic :p

Bear in mind that Mackensick Hall already has an operation in Blackburn known as J2 Solutions. They grandly call them themselves the tracing arm of the business. If J2's highly trained operatives track someone down they pass the hapless person onto the Kilmarnock nerve centre for further harrassment.

I wouldn't have thought MHall were about to re-name the J2 side of the biz as it would be a clear and obvious link to anyone taking action against them. Still who am I to say.

And just because its a FREE newspaper doesn't mean the ads are free. That's what pays for the rag.

It was also in tonight's evening paper, The contact details are...

Gareth Jones (phone for intital phone interview), or forward cv to...

The Trace Manager, Mackenzie Hall Ltd, Suite 503, Daisyfield Business Centre, Appleby St, B/burn

Got an email address if anyone wants it, for Gareth !!!!

It was also in tonight's evening paper, The contact details are...

Gareth Jones (phone for intital phone interview), or forward cv to...

The Trace Manager, Mackenzie Hall Ltd, Suite 503, Daisyfield Business Centre, Appleby St, B/burn

Got an email address if anyone wants it, for Gareth !!!!

You should post it for the commmon good

Gareth Jones sounds suspiciously like Gary Jones the director of both J2 and MHall. Anyone know any different?

Mmmmmmm . . . Had such a good thought of what to say but it borderlines on being really bad !!! So I won't say nothing !!! But you are probably already thinking it :D

Imagine getting a job for them and "accidently" hitting delete :o

Fly by night companies like these... whats the chance they have proper decent backup systems for the IT & data in place!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

You could always get a job with them and be nice to people who phone up, understand their problems, try to agree a reasonable way of them paying back their debt, sending them all the details the have lawfully requested under the CCA. Advise them of help that may be available.

Wonder how long you would last.:D

You know its not that crazy an idea, we could all get in touch with jonesg at mackenziehall company in the UK (did you like what I did there!) and apply for the job, not only would it swamp their applications, but we can all say that we have experience (which we do but from the other side), and that we see an opening for making MH stand out against its competitiors by be sympathetic and reasonable towards the clients and so getting better results.

We could show them another way!

Heeee heeee

You could always get a job with them and be nice to people who phone up, understand their problems, try to agree a reasonable way of them paying back their debt, sending them all the details the have lawfully requested under the CCA. Advise them of help that may be available.

Wonder how long you would last.:D

A day at the most I reckon! :p

If any of us did decide to try for a job with one of these lovely companies...we should be sure to confirm at the interview stage that; yes we did torture small animals as children, yes we were excluded from school for attempted arson, and yes we do fantasise about reigning in hell!

I'm sure they would hire us on the spot ;)

A day at the most I reckon! :p

If any of us did decide to try for a job with one of these lovely companies...we should be sure to confirm at the interview stage that; yes we did torture small animals as children, yes we were excluded from school for attempted arson, and yes we do fantasise about reigning in hell!

I'm sure they would hire us on the spot ;)

I wonder how many ASBOs you need.

I wonder do they run a credit check on applicants

Imagine the havoc you could wreak with just a smidgen of knowledge of computers and networks.

I found a flaw in our ideas, if any of us 'owed' them any money, then they would just take it at source from your salary, you would probably work the first few months for nothing :(

No problem there. You ring yourself up and offer a one off 150% discount.