Wolfy V Smile

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5503 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Well having started matters with the Halifax I have decided to move onto Smile as this is where most of MY money has gone in the past six years. DPA letter sent by secure message on 18 May, checked twice by phone and they have confirmed this is satisfactory, but I thought I would check the statements that are available online - 2 years worth roughly. Total unlawful charges of £1,450 in 2 years :mad:. Right I want MY money back. So my questions is this is it worth sending a preliminary letter now for the £1,450 reserving the right to obtain a further refund once I know the further details through the DPA request or should I wait till I have all the available information? As an aside does anyone know what interest rate I should claim back from Smile(not the 8% court rate obviously).

Gotta say the more I use this site the more I love it.

Guest Lueeze

Wait for the whole lot, otherwise youll confuse yourself and them! Chase the DPA, as they dont have to comply unless they get £10.

Lou x

Thanks for that Lou. Just spoken to Smile who have confirmed that they have deducted the £10 from my account as requested and that I should get all the statements in the next couple of days. Then watchout Smile!!!

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 11 March 2019.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5503 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks