Abbey damages

jsrace
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6236 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all

A few years ago I was involved in an accident which saw me lose my job and the result was loads and loads of bank charges by the abbey and pushed us so far into debt that we almost lost our house` only the help of the British legion a day before the eviction saved us! And even after getting back to fitness and back to work` it is still a struggle to get back on top and now our mortgage people (abbey) have sent us repossession notices because of arrears not long after I contacted Pam Speed about excessive bank charges` I have received bank charge statements from them and I suspect that not all charges are present on the documents even though there are a lot of them present.

I know that I can reclaim the charges` but I want to take it further by actually going to court and claiming damages` because it was the original illegal bank charges that put us into the position which my family is suffering.

Any help or advice would be gratefully received on this matter because I am quite bitter about this whole thing and am prepared to go for abbeys jugular by involving as much bad press as can be possible.

jsrace

Note the following:

1. Make sure you compile the complete list of the charges carefully on the spreadsheet.

2. You also have to inform Abbey by sending them the printed spreadsheet with your claim request (preliminary letter). In your claim request, include the statement about the default entered against you at the credit reference agencies. Ask for the default data to be removed because it is unlawful being the result of unlawful charges.

3. Send your letter recorded and make a copy of every document you send

4. REMEMBER, when Abbey refuse to settle your request in full to your satisfaction, you can then send LBA (letter before Action).

5. You will need all the copies of documents to present to the judge in court to show that you have given Abbey enough opportunity to resolve the problem amicably.

6. Be calm and avoid mistakes. Abbey must pay back!

Good luck

Hi all

I have received bank charge statements from them and I suspect that not all charges are present on the documents even though there are a lot of them present.

I'm certain this has happened to me..can't prove it though:evil: :evil:

Abbey..S.A.R Requested

Capital One..S.A.R Requested

Citi..S.A.R Requested

I.F..S.A.R Requested

Barclaycard..S.A.R Requested

I'm certain this has happened to me..can't prove it though:evil: :evil:

vindaloo,

If you cannot prove it, the only way to find out is through a SAR letter. It cost £10. Don't be sad. The only way you can put an end to this madness of the banks is to increase the pressure and request the details of your account, closed or not.