Partial Payment rejected now what

Nads

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5316 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Everyone,

I need some advice, Smile took the liberty of depositing a part payment into my account, then telling they would consider this the end of the matter. I sent them the standard reject letter 4. Now I am in the process of starting my court claim and completing my particulars of claim. Smile have not taken the money back from my account, so do I just claim the balance or just go ahead and claim the full amount (gosh they are messing up my claim!!). The difference is about £60 (not inclu interest)

Now if I go ahead and claim the balance, do I also claim the full interest on the total amount or just the interest on the balance (I'm claiming contractual interest also.)

Total claim was £455.00

Contractual Interest 25% today £113.79 (daily rate 0.061%)

Total today 568.99

Paid in my account £390.00. (they paid this amount because they deducted Debit Interest, which in fact was not included).

Anyone!!.

Lloyds TSB: Settled after FO assistance

Co-operative Bank: Settled - Goodwill gesture:)

hi nads, can you post what their letter said?

I think if it were me, in these circumstances I'd raise the claim for the full amount. what would happen if you only claimed the £60 and then they reversed the refund as you had asked?

lets see exactly what their letter said before making a decision one way or the other