help and advice

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5320 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello everyone I am new to this sight, and have a problem, I am worried about what to do about my charges, on credit cards and bank accounts my problem is not straight forward, sometime ago I got into debt due to illness, (I am self employed) I wrote to my creditors and explained the situation and offered a reduced payment, just for a little while to help me get back on my feet. All of them declined my offer, the interest mounted, along with late charges, eventually I went to the Consumer Credit Counsel who have given me a Plan to follow and I pay them direct and they pay the creditors FREE OF CHARGE it is a charity. I would like to know whether or not I can claim these charges back only some of them have sold the debts on to other companies. I have also had Defaults registered against me. can anyone help advise me? . I have written to the Abbey about 3 account and heard back from 2 off them. 1 has agreed to pay me back £105 but I requested £125 I feel ok about that the other has paid back £32 out of £96 not quite so happy about that one but its my mortgage account and they hold my mortgage so I will put up and shut up. But am still waiting to hear from 3rd one which is £485,

Hello everyone I am new to this sight, and have a problem, I am worried about what to do about my charges, on credit cards and bank accounts my problem is not straight forward, sometime ago I got into debt due to illness, (I am self employed) I wrote to my creditors and explained the situation and offered a reduced payment, just for a little while to help me get back on my feet. All of them declined my offer, the interest mounted, along with late charges, eventually I went to the Consumer Credit Counsel who have given me a Plan to follow and I pay them direct and they pay the creditors FREE OF CHARGE it is a charity. I would like to know whether or not I can claim these charges back only some of them have sold the debts on to other companies. I have also had Defaults registered against me. can anyone help advise me? . I have written to the Abbey about 3 account and heard back from 2 off them. 1 has agreed to pay me back £105 but I requested £125 I feel ok about that the other has paid back £32 out of £96 not quite so happy about that one but its my mortgage account and they hold my mortgage so I will put up and shut up. But am still waiting to hear from 3rd one which is £485,

Ok so you have agreed amounts for 2 of the 3 accounts? You should really have asked for the full amount. The fact that they hold your mortgage makes no difference as long as you pay the mortgage. Did you send an SAR to request the charges information?

I am not a legal expert my advice is given without prejudice and is purely my opinion only. If you are in doubt please seek professional advice.

what is an sar? I just got my mortgage statement and the charges were there but I was worried about rocking the boat to much

SAR this get you a list of all the charges on the account.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/516-1-data-protection-act.html

You also have charges on your mortage?

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/mortgage-companies/71276-prelim-letter-mortgage-charges.html

I am not a legal expert my advice is given without prejudice and is purely my opinion only. If you are in doubt please seek professional advice.