• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Me Vs LloydsTSB

Toprider
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6174 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Been here a while now reading all about how Lloyds are trying to deter claimants from getting their money. I put in a claim to them for 2 accounts for charges totalling just shy of £2400. Today i recieved my first response from them:

"we are sorry you feel this way etc.......we endeavour to give a full response to your claim within 8wks blah blah"

Also they put that they've misunderstood my concerns and urge me to contact if i have further information i'd like them to have. I'd like to add that my original claim letter to them was in full comprehendable english and included a copy of the charges breakdown. How can they not understand that? Seems like just another letter designed to baffle and confuse claimants to further deter them from getting a claim to the courts.

So, being dissatisfied with their response is my next move to prepare a 2nd letter and commence registering the claim with moneyclaim.gov.uk, or should i contact the bank again and risk getting fobbed off?

Thankyou

HI and welcome

This looks like another delay tactic. Did you get the letter asking for refund from here? If so then they do not have anything they can use against you as these letters are tried and tested with countless of claims!

With regards to the 8 weeks, its your claim so stick to ythe schedule you set.

Your next step is to go back and re read the FAQs. Print them out and carry them with you if necessary. I read mine over and oiver on the train to and from work lol After that you are then ready to send off the letter before action.....this gives them a further 14 days to respond positively.

This advice is only based on if you used the letter from our site, i cannot advise on what to do about the lack of information if you used another sites letter as i do not know what was in it.

Also if it is just a delay tactic and you have used the lettters from here the i suggest you use N1 form and not online. This was you can ensure tyou have put all the information into your claim. Online has a smaller amount of space in which to put your particulars. Have a look at the link below.

Hope this helps, good luck

• 1 month later...

Since my original post i have sent the LBA letter and after a phonecall about my accounts i then recieved a letter from those lovely people at Andover. The letter included something i've not seen before:

"We're still talking it through with the OFT, but the important thing is that the guidelines for reclaiming are about 'default' charges that people pay when they break an agreememnt with us. This doesn't apply to your charges as these were for dealing with your request to go over your agreed overdraft limit (erm, i dont even have an overdraft) by paying direct debits. They are not default charges because you haven't broken your agreement. They are our prices for the service we provide in these situations"

rolleyes.gif

Now, as im disappointed at their lack of reimbursing me, i'm gonna complete my MCOL claim which i set up weeks ago. I'm claiming for 2 accounts and sent my letters to Lloyds in two seperate packs, one for each account. My complaint reference number is the same for both accounts, so what do i put in the amount i'm claiming? Its £2600 for both accounts, also do i include the £200 they've charged to my account this month when i enter the final figure on MCOL or do Lloyds automatically pay that too?

Sorry to ramble on. Help up to date much appreciated.

Also, what do i put in the particulars box in MCOL? Is there not a templated guide for people who arent very literate? I think it puts people off filling it in and claiming. Also do i include the charges recently applied to my account too or will Lloyds reimburse those too? Total im claiming for is £2600 but there's another £195 of charges on my account since the last letter. Do i include that too?

user_online.gif [[email protected]?subject=Reporting post http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.html?p=5067737]report.gif[/email]

Since my original post i have sent the LBA letter and after a phonecall about my accounts i then recieved a letter from those lovely people at Andover. The letter included something i've not seen before:

"We're still talking it through with the OFT, but the important thing is that the guidelines for reclaiming are about 'default' charges that people pay when they break an agreememnt with us. This doesn't apply to your charges as these were for dealing with your request to go over your agreed overdraft limit (erm, i dont even have an overdraft) by paying direct debits. They are not default charges because you haven't broken your agreement. They are our prices for the service we provide in these situations"

rolleyes.gif

Now, as im disappointed at their lack of reimbursing me, i'm gonna complete my MCOL claim which i set up weeks ago. I'm claiming for 2 accounts and sent my letters to Lloyds in two seperate packs, one for each account. My complaint reference number is the same for both accounts, so what do i put in the amount i'm claiming? Its £2600 for both accounts, also do i include the £200 they've charged to my account this month when i enter the final figure on MCOL or do Lloyds automatically pay that too?

Sorry to ramble on. Help up to date much appreciated.

Also, what do i put in the particulars box in MCOL? Is there not a templated guide for people who arent very literate? I think it puts people off filling it in and claiming. Also do i include the charges recently applied to my account too or will Lloyds reimburse those too? Total im claiming for is £2600 but there's another £195 of charges on my account since the last letter. Do i include that too?

Hi

These links should help with MCOL:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/lloyds-bank/47344-claim-too-vague-defence.html

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/34887-5-money-claim-line.html

You can add on any charges you have up to the point of filing your claim.

Good luck, let us know how you get on.

Barty:)

I WON!!!! :D :D :D

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/lloydstsb-successes/1774-barty-lloyds-tsb.html

IF I HAVE BEEN HELPFUL PLEASE CLICK THE SCALES:)

Hi. I too have received a letter with the same sort of content from Lloyds stating "The Office of Fair Trading has published new guidelines on credit card defaults & lloyds are still talking it through with them", I've got a feeling this may be scare tactics because the charges that I'm applying for is bank charges not credit cards, which makes me believe its a system generated letter & they are not looking at individual complaints.

They too declined any refund to me. Just a quick question, I received this after sending letter 2, do I ignore this letter & send letter 3?

Glover/Marshall v Lloyds TSB ****Won****

:) :) :) Paid in full £4233.00 :) :) :)

• 2 weeks later...

I'm claiming for £2900 over 2 accounts. After the LBA letter i recieved a response claiming that 'default' charges were in fact service fees. Obviously we know this is cobblers. They said they'd do nothing else regarding the matter and in their eyes, was now closed.

But upon a meeting with my accounts manager, their computer showed a deposit of £375 into each of my 2 accounts. Ive had no letter or anything, it was deposited from Andover with reference to my complaint number.

What do i do now? I'm a bit concerned over this bloke who lost his court case against Lloyds due to the judge deeming the charges to be fees and agreeing with Lloyds. Obviously i'd like the full £2900 or at least something near the ball park.

What should i do now?

Hi

Send one of the letters from here:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/25716-rejection-settlement-offer.html

Then carry on with your claim for the rest of the money.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/lloydstsb-successes/1774-barty-lloyds-tsb.html

I'm claiming for £2900 over 2 accounts. After the LBA letter i recieved a response claiming that 'default' charges were in fact service fees. Obviously we know this is cobblers. They said they'd do nothing else regarding the matter and in their eyes, was now closed.

But upon a meeting with my accounts manager, their computer showed a deposit of £375 into each of my 2 accounts. Ive had no letter or anything, it was deposited from Andover with reference to my complaint number.

What do i do now? I'm a bit concerned over this bloke who lost his court case against Lloyds due to the judge deeming the charges to be fees and agreeing with Lloyds. Obviously i'd like the full £2900 or at least something near the ball park.

What should i do now?

Dont panic .... Use the link below. You need to send them a rejection letter. Jiggle the wording a bit to say that you will only offer the payments as a 'part payment' towards you claim, and not full and final settlement.

Here you go ...

If I have been helpful, PLEASE click the scales

You may receive differing advice as people have had different experiences. Please use your own judgement in deciding whose advice to take. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional. Any advice I offer is done so informally, without prejudice & without liability.

You may receive differing advice as people have had different experiences. Please use your own judgement in deciding whose advice to take. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional. Any advice I offer is done so informally, without prejudice & without liability.

I WON !!!!

HERE WE GO AGAIN .... BRING IT ON

:D

Cant find a letter there that suits my situation. I want to accept the £375 in each of the 2 accounts ONLY as a partial payment towards the full amount of £2900.

Remember though, i haven't had a letter, phonecall or anything else from Lloyds explaining anything about this deposit.

How about this ?

Response to settlement offer.

Dear [named sender or Sirs]

I note today that a payment of £xxx has been credited to both of the above named Accounts in relation to my request for a full refund of charges, which have been placed upon my accounts from (date) to (date). As i have recieved no written communication in respect of this, i can but assume that these payments are an offer of goodwill from your establishment.

In order to avoid Litigation against you, I am prepared to accept the sums credited into my accounts as partial settlement on the clear understanding that the remainder is paid within the next 10 days. Failure to comply with this request will result in legal action against you for full recovery, as detailed in my Letter Before Action.

I wish to stress that i do not except these payments as full and final settlement.

I trust this clarifies my position.

Yours faithfully

I WON !!!!

HERE WE GO AGAIN .... BRING IT ON

:D

• 2 weeks later...

After responding to my LBA i got a letter saying i had been awarded the £750 that Lloyds are giving. That letter was dated 3rd May, and went on to say the cash would be in my account within 10 days. But it still isnt in my account yet, ive spoke to Lloyds customer services, my branch, my personal accounts manager and even Collections in Brighton.

The payment shows on their system but they just keep saying i'll have to wait for it and that it will go in. Also they cant get in touch with Andover, nor can i.

What dyou reckon i should do? I was waiting for that £750 to pay for my MCOL claim to reclaim the full amount.

Hi

I would give them a few more days, then start the Court action, you could be there forever if you're waiting for them to pay it.