Sam(Mark) VS Abbey

Sammy_lou3108

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5317 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

We got scared off at the stage of filing with court as reading these posts, Abbey take it right to the end! Where do we stand now at trying to get these charges back? Just been fulled up again as this month they have charged us £114.99 on charges, some of which were payments to themselves for their credit card! :?

First direct, settled in full after only 1 letter! :eek:

Abbey (on behalf of mark) 1st letter sent, waiting for 14 days for reminder

Smile, lba sent 17.10.06.

Hi, when did you back off ? If your LBA was in the last 3-4 months, I would go straight to N1 court claim. Just include the new charges. If the delay ever gets mentioned (but I can't see why it should) you can just say that Abbey's previous responses made it clear that they refused on principle to refund the charges, adding later ones would not have changed their position, nor would resending an LBA now. But if your LBA was older than that, I would suggest going back round that loop. The court process might seem daunting, but do a bit of reading (lots of people are getting their money back by going to Court). Just remember that the Banks cannot afford to enter Court and be forced to disclose their costs associated with defaults. Their only tactic is to try to make us blink before they get put in that position - they will always settle to avoid it. Regards, Mad Nick

Abbey £8370 settled 17 Apr 07