administration charges on studio cards

starling

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5320 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Can anyone advise? I bought £7.00 odd of goods from Studio cards at christmas, which I recieved. Then I recieved a letter telling me I had been refused an account due to bad credit. Was a bit confused so waited for a statement (Ok I was hoping they had made a mistake and was getting free goods) I then recieved an overdue acount statement with £20 administration charge. So I then owed £27 pounds plus £1.00 for service charge and 65p for payment protection. Taking my payment up to £28.65 or so (not totally sure of the origional cost of goods, £7 and some pence) I then paid the minimum payment of £17 odd. Taking my account down to £12.79, Today I recieved a letter saying I am overdue on my payment so they have again added £20 Addministration charge, plus the service charge and payment protection, the total now stands at £34.44.

I have rung and asked what is going on and told them I refuse to pay as it is illegal and the same as the banks are doing and she said she will knock off the £20 fee this time and send me some vouchers for future purchases. It brings my due payment down to £14.44, she didn't say how much the vouchers are for. But I have already paid £17 for £7 of goods and still have £14 to pay. I told her I am not sure if I will accept the offer and will ring back. Can anyone tell me what the hell I should do?

I know it's only a small amount but it's a lot of money to me.

Write to them disputing all charges and demanding the return of all monies apart from the £7 for the item. In exactly the same way you would for a credit card or bank charges.

By the way - "being refused an account" is not the same as "don't have to pay for goods already received". An "account" is a credit facility with which you can purchase goods and pay later. You have still purchased goods and must still pay for them.

Thank you for your help. With regard to the account refusal, studio cards only opperate by setting up accounts, you can't buy from them without one, so when I recieved the goods followed by a letter saying I didn't have an account, I was waiting for either a request to return the goods or a statement, with the slim hope that I wouldn't get either, I can dream. I did wonder if they had made a mistake in sending the goods.

Thank you for your help. With regard to the account refusal, studio cards only opperate by setting up accounts, you can't buy from them without one, so when I recieved the goods followed by a letter saying I didn't have an account, I was waiting for either a request to return the goods or a statement, with the slim hope that I wouldn't get either, I can dream. I did wonder if they had made a mistake in sending the goods.

Starling, Starling, Starling, don't you know by now that companies don't make mistakes like giving you something and then not asking you to pay for it :lol:

They are cheeky sods doing that to you eh? Fancy, £20 late payment fee, honestly, how may other companies are out there doing this kinda thing?

:DABBEY-WON! £1,359.34

:confused:CAPITAL ONE WON £1,523.27+£39court fees.

With regard to the account refusal, studio cards only opperate by setting up accounts, you can't ....

Got you though, didn't they? Seriously, don't you believe this was deliberate? As you get around the site a bit more you may come to lose that naiveté...