GMAC - Car Finance

jamesdryan

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5230 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Sonds like a penalty charge to me so recoverable. The office of fair trading has capped the banks with a £12 fee for charges ect. I wish i could charge £15 for every letter i write.Good luck.

A person is only as big as the dream they dare to live.

Good things come to he who waits

Its your money taken unlawfully from your account and you have a legal right to claim it back.

• 2 months later...

I have been away for a while so unable to further this correspondance with GMAC.

However this is the reply i received from them back in April. Should i just carry on with the normal route?

I have tried to find instances of others claiming back these charges however most people seem to be claiming back mortgage fees from GMAC, nothing relating to vehicles.

Thanks

James

gmacletter

Sorry to bump this, however having read through tons of pages i am still unsure of the validity of these charges as opposed to credit card / bank charges.

Is anyone able to help ?

:confused:

Looks like a penalty charge to me. So get going and start the claim. Issue a SAR for full banking history with them- see templates.

I had a mortgage with them and will get round to dealing with them. Busy working on other cases just now. But I do remember them putting template letters in front of me, which they watched me replicate and sign before they would give me the mortgage. Pretty strange way of doing things! Anyone else have that experience with them???

The salesman was a Johann Smicht- a South African. When I wanted to cancel an insurance policy he left me waiting a few days. Then phoned and said he had a severe illness and it was just as well he had his own insurance. Draw your own conclusions!!!!!!!!!!

I have come across other threads on GMAC who appear to use certain tactics in their selling process. I suggest you look for similar threads by people who have experience in dealing with GMAC.

Click on the search button above to throw other cases up and have a read through.

Any further questions just ask.

Best of luck.

Any advice given by me is based solely on my experience in claiming, my experience in CAG or my opinion. I have no legal background. I want to encourage others to reclaim what is theirs.

Got a DCA breaking OFT guidance. Complain to the OFT about the DCA. Help put an end to these practices-

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/letter-templates/155095-complain-oft-about-unfair.html#post1652270

Register with CAG today, its free, its a great community:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/register.php

[email protected].

Thankyou Kennythecelt:)