Cap One reclaiming **WON AFTER ISSUED SCOTTISH CLAIM**

chocolatte
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6025 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hiya, Just reading this thread and It's nice to know that Im not the only one getting harrassed by these fools. I've actually got 2 missed calls from last week at 8.15am and 8.30am, which I believe is 'not allowed'. Im getting up to 8 to 10 calls a day and I have sent the template harrassment letter from this site. Im also getting silent calls, after telling them that I dont owe them, but it's the other way about.

Im actually at my wits end with this company and Im not sure where to go from here. Ive reported them to the FOS regarding by charges, is there anything else I can do to stop them calling me?

I was told that your number is dialled automatically when your acount is in arrears - and they say they cannot remove your number without replacing it on their database with another number - cos it wont allow them to.:oI know its a job and someone has to do it - but seriously I could NOT do that job!! - ringing people up to ask for money when you know they havent got it! the abuse you must get every night would be depressing!.

your number is dialled automatically when your acount is in arrears - and they say they cannot remove your number without replacing it on their database with another number

That sounds like complete bunkum

Tracy - I may be wrong but I'm sure I read a thread a while ago that said continued telephone harrasment is a matter for the police. I would write again asking them to stop the calls, silent and spoken, and that if they continue to harrass you in this way you will be left with no alternative than to involve the police.

Barclays - 2 Accounts - WON

Capital 1 - WON with CI

LTSB - WON

LTSB pre 6 years - N1 for non compliance filed

Barclays pre 6 years - Prelim sent

I am keeping track of all the calls I receive from these clowns, including the one's on a Sunday morning, and I am going to take my evidence to the police when I have a nice little file for them. I have compiled a lengthy list already which has been sent to OFCOM. Waiting for response.

:DABBEY-WON! £1,359.34

:confused:CAPITAL ONE WON £1,523.27+£39court fees.

Report them to OFCOM. The reason there is no one there is they use an automatic dialer and if they haven't got enough operators to take the call it appears there is no one there. They are allowed two of these a day and it must be followed by a live call. They should call no more than twice a day. It's on the OFCOM site under silent calls. If you have the number that's calling all the better.

An alternative to OFCOM (they're soooo slow!) may be a call to your phone company - ask the operator for their malicious calls bureau.. might do the trick (or used to!) ;)

Report them to OFCOM. The reason there is no one there is they use an automatic dialer and if they haven't got enough operators to take the call it appears there is no one there. They are allowed two of these a day and it must be followed by a live call. They should call no more than twice a day. It's on the OFCOM site under silent calls. If you have the number that's calling all the better.

Can someone tell me where i can get this number to phone OFCOM.please.

DETAILS FROM OFCOM

We can also deal with complaints by phone between 0900 and 1730, Monday to Friday. For most people it is faster and easier to complain using the online forms in this section of the website. But if you'd prefer to call us, the number for the Ofcom Contact Centre is 020 7981 3040. Our fax number is 020 7981 3334. Welsh speakers can call 020 7981 3042. If you are deaf or speech-impaired, you can use the Textphone number 020 7981 3043 to contact us. Please note that this number only works with special equipment used by people who are deaf or hard of hearing.

DETAILS FROM OFCOM

We can also deal with complaints by phone between 0900 and 1730, Monday to Friday. For most people it is faster and easier to complain using the online forms in this section of the website. But if you'd prefer to call us, the number for the Ofcom Contact Centre is 020 7981 3040. Our fax number is 020 7981 3334. Welsh speakers can call 020 7981 3042. If you are deaf or speech-impaired, you can use the Textphone number 020 7981 3043 to contact us. Please note that this number only works with special equipment used by people who are deaf or hard of hearing.

Hi thank you for reply.I will report them online if you point me in the right direction. thanks

Thanks for all your replies. Ive only this second got my second call today from them and twice Ive explained that Ive wrote to them, to tell them to stop calling. I ended up hanging up on the second call as he was being a p***k. Im also keeping a note of how many calls Im getting from them and Im going to call OFCOM tomorrow.

Here's two URLs and some contact numbers:

How to complain | Ofcom

Silent Calls:FAQs | Ofcom

Phone: 020 7981 3040 (this number will be the cheapest option for most callers) or 0845 456 3000 (this number may be cheaper for callers on the BT Light User Scheme calling from outside the London area)

Fax: 020 7981 3334 (this number will be the cheapest option for most callers) or 0845 456 3333 (this number may be cheaper for callers on the BT Light User Scheme calling from outside the London area)

Still believe that your first port of call should be your service providor - especially if you don't have the caller's number!

Good Luck! :)

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi there, I received a letter from Cap1 offerring £1132.95 but my claim is £1543.38.

I used the spreadsheet and put 34.9% pa, which worked out at 2.53%pm.

This is their letter...

Dear...

After reviewing your request for £665.42 to cover the interest

According to my statements up to March 2007 the total Purchase Interest is actually £158.36 and just looking at it roughly I noticed that I hadn't made a purchase between March 2006 and September 2006, but on September's statement the purchase interest was £7.72, when I didn't actually make any purchases for 6 months? There were only fees!

It's all getting a bit too 'Accountant Like' for me, any advice on where to go with this?

Also, where's the argument for adding contractual interest? Anyone got a template letter I can send why I should be asking for the Contractual rate?

They haven't taken into consideration the harrassment letters I have had to send, the amount of time I have wasted chasing them up for this including letters to FOS etc...

Help !

hi chocolatte.

i've just put a couple of posts on my cap1 thread that deals with this issue, should be useful to you, also have a read of this thread before you decide what to do next

http://www.consumeractiongroup.c o....dent-lost.html

OK I GIVE IN

Halifax £3600 charges, won with C/I £6400

NatWest S.A.R-05/06/06

Bug**r all recieved 03/11/06

Prelim guesimate sent for £3000 03/11/06

Cr*p one CONNED statements 08/06 ROFLMAO

Cr*p one charges=£976

con int 34.9% £1,003.75 £1,979.75.

hi chocolatte.

i've just put a couple of posts on my cap1 thread that deals with this issue, should be useful to you, also have a read of this thread before you decide what to do next

http://www.consumeractiongroup.c o....dent-lost.html

Thanks for that, only the link isn't working.

I am thinking I should just leave this one now and be happy with what I got, I am so tired if it, as you all know how much time we have spent on our claims.

I will let you know what I decide later.:)

sorry for the faulty link:o .have a read of the last couple of posts on my thread here http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/capital-one/43412-charges-contractual.html

they should help you decide, theres 2 different veiws on claims for CI and wshould make everything clear[ish] lol

OK I GIVE IN

Halifax £3600 charges, won with C/I £6400

NatWest S.A.R-05/06/06

Bug**r all recieved 03/11/06

Prelim guesimate sent for £3000 03/11/06

Cr*p one CONNED statements 08/06 ROFLMAO

Cr*p one charges=£976

con int 34.9% £1,003.75 £1,979.75.

• 3 weeks later...

Right, I just emailed OFCOM my complaint over the silent calls. I will contact my phone provider in the morning. Does FOS mean the financial ombudsman? I want to contact as many relevant bodies as I can. I've given Cap One more than enough chances, now I'm going for them with the legislative bodies!

AND I intend to start my Court claim as soon as one of my others (my first claim, against FD) pays up, which will hopefully be very soon!