Cap One reclaiming **WON AFTER ISSUED SCOTTISH CLAIM**

chocolatte
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6027 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there, was wondering if anyone has a number for capital one, one which gets right through to someone who knows what they are talking about? No call centres please.

Thanks

:DABBEY-WON! £1,359.34

:confused:CAPITAL ONE WON £1,523.27+£39court fees.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

OMG! Can you believe this?

I have £307.12 outstanding on my Capital One Card, and they owe me £858.07 in charges incl interest, quess what they have offered?......

£280!!!!!!:eek:

So, I still owe them £27.12.

Well, how can I put it politely to them? Any suggestions? LMAO :lol:

Please remember to DONATE! Help CAG keep up the fight!

Any advice or opinion is offered informally & without liability. Use your own judgment and if in doubt seek advice of a qualified and insured professional.

Hi callyday, I'm in the same position as you, owe £375 on Crap1 Mastercard they owe £994 to me in charges and offered £364, I'd already sent the LBA by the time they sent the offer so I just sent a Rejecting Offers letter but with same dealine as my LBA.

BOS Prelim : 19/06/06 Owed : £382: offered £90.LBA sent 02/07/06, Delivered: 04/07/06. Offer increased to full £382 but with condition. Settled 4/11/06.

Data Protection Act sent to BOS CC : 19/06/06. Acknowledged : 03/07/06 Statements Received : 11/07/06 owed £845

Statements received for closed BOS account: 27/07/06, Owed £2596.52

First claim on closed BOS account now started - £735 Prelim received 7/11/06 LBA sent 5/12/06, Offered Full £735 but with conditions. Claim filed 22/01/07

CapitalOne-£1247, settled in full.

LloydsTSB- £910, sttled in full.

LET BATTLE COMMENCE

I have just sent LBA to them, I'm sticking to timescale too, I reakon if I just sit tight and follow the proceedure as with the banks then I will get my money back. Good luck wsm36

I have just sent LBA to them, I'm sticking to timescale too, I reakon if I just sit tight and follow the proceedure as with the banks then I will get my money back. Good luck wsm36

Good Luck to you too.:-D

BOS Prelim : 19/06/06 Owed : £382: offered £90.LBA sent 02/07/06, Delivered: 04/07/06. Offer increased to full £382 but with condition. Settled 4/11/06.

Data Protection Act sent to BOS CC : 19/06/06. Acknowledged : 03/07/06 Statements Received : 11/07/06 owed £845

Statements received for closed BOS account: 27/07/06, Owed £2596.52

First claim on closed BOS account now started - £735 Prelim received 7/11/06 LBA sent 5/12/06, Offered Full £735 but with conditions. Claim filed 22/01/07

CapitalOne-£1247, settled in full.

LloydsTSB- £910, sttled in full.

LET BATTLE COMMENCE

• 2 weeks later...

I am over my limit with Capital One by £137, and they are harrassing me over the phone for it.

They actually owe me £858 from unlawful charges, so, do I still pay what I owe and just follow the proceedure, or do I stick to my guns and make them pay up first?

Thanks

Whilst they may owe you, you could end up with a default and yes you can get that removed if it is mainly made up with charges but it can be a hassle. Choice is yours tbh, if you want an easier life I'd pay up and just claim it back (especially if you can afford it), if you want a challenge state that the ammount is in dispute and go to work on them.

Lol, thanks blcksheep, I think it would keep everything simpler if I just clear what I owe, I will get it all back anyway, so, like you say, to avoid a default, I should just stick to my agreement. I will have a think and chat to hubby, and I will let you know what the outcome is.

Regards

I have just placed a link to CAG on my website, just a small thank you for helping me with my first Victory!

Thanks You Guys :D

No. . if you claim Contractual Compounded interest, you can't claim 8% as well..

The 8% is usually added at the court stage if you get that far. But if you are claiming Contractual, you must do this at the start of your claim.

Have a good look at the threads in Capital One..then post your own thread there, so that we can guide you further. I just answered Jades thread there which will help you understand the procedures.

Ukaviator

• Haha 1

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

Just called the Sheriff Office in Elgin to tell them that I have received a letter from the bank saying they are returning all my money, and the guy I spoke to was asking me about the process I went through and asked exactly what I did, and I asked him why he wanted to know and he said that he had a few people coming in asking what to do?

Surely I'm not one of the first in my town to go through the process? If not the 1st!

Just called the Sheriff Office in Elgin to tell them that I have received a letter from the bank saying they are returning all my money, and the guy I spoke to was asking me about the process I went through and asked exactly what I did, and I asked him why he wanted to know and he said that he had a few people coming in asking what to do?

Surely I'm not one of the first in my town to go through the process? If not the 1st!

Just give him this place's URL... he can give it out to potential claimants LMAO

Thought you would have but best to check

:lol: Dunno if I could cope with the fame, if I was brave I would and make sure I give a bit holla to the CAG SuperStars! :lol:

For Christ's sake!!:mad:

Received the court papers back today saying that Capital One Triton Square is out of duristiction, why didn't the Clerk tell me this?!

So, the only way we can make claims from SCOTLAND is through the FOS.

How p****d off amI?

How do we claim against Capital One if we live in Scotland?

Just had papers returned from the court because it's outwith their duristiction. FOS?