miolieres mum v natwest

mioliere

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5320 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi - I've been advised to start a new thread but it appears I do not have permission! I will copy and paste a post I submitted yesterday to see if anyone has had a similar experience.

I don't know if you will be able to advise me - just over a year ago my mother withdrew £300 from her Nat West ATM current account. The bank branch had just closed when she got there so she had to use the ATM and, because she is not used to drawing large amounts in that way, she withdrew each £100 separately! She needed £500 altogether and, being unaware that there is a limit of £250 that can be withdrawn daily (which I confirmed last week with her bank) tried another two times to withdraw £100 each time. The on-screen instructions told her that no more could be withdrawn. However, it was not until she received her bank statement a couple of weeks later that she noticed that five ATM transactions had been taken from her account. She is absolutely adamant that she only received £300 and, of course, being on a limited income, she cannot afford to lose £200. She queried this at the branch and was told that Nat West do not maintain the machine but that they would contact the company that does and get back to her. Needless to say, this did not happen so she queried it again and again was promised that they would follow it up and contact her and, of course, no-one got back to her. She felt a bit outnumbered at the bank and felt she could not argue with the 'big boys' so she told herself that there was nothing she could do about it. I only found out by chance about three weeks ago and I'm furious that they did not even bother to keep in touch with her about it. She gave me her statement and I have written to her branch (a letter from her which she signed herself - I just typed it!) asking them to investigate the matter; so far she has heard nothing. Do you think we have a case ? Two mistakes have actually been made - one, that the machine allowed her to withdraw £300 when the limit is £250 and, two, that the machine recorded five withdrawals when it should have been three. I would be very grateful for your advice. Many thanks! keep up the good work!

user_online.gifreputation.gif vbrep_register("681380") report.gif progress.gif

Guest willowb

I would copy/paste and post that in a new thread in this forum 'legalities' the question may get lost here. I'm sorry I don't know what your mother's next step should be....

Good luck

Wxxx