jsdp01 v Lloyds TSB

jsdp01
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6206 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there,

After reading many of the threads and discussions on here I've finally taken the plunge and decided to recoup some of my money from LTSB. I used the first template from Martin Lewis's site and sent it first class to their address at Colmore Row on 22/03/07. I also obtained a certificate of posting. I will update you on my progress (there's been an ominous silence so far) and hope to be able to ask your advice when the going gets tough!

Best Wishes

Jon

Good luck and stick around - by the way, although (most of us!) have every respect for Martin and the MSE boards, for claiming charges back this is the one place you need to be, honestly. You will get all the right help and advice here.

Please note that I am not a legal expert and all advice given is without prejudice and is purely my opinion only.

** Nationwide - £1821.15-PAID IN FULL - Aug 06 **

** Halifax Mortgage -£390 - PAID IN FULL - Nov 06 **

Lloyds TSB - MCOL issued 09/03/07 - £2953 + costs - ON HOLD....

Thanks Dolly, it was Martin's site that led me here and the sheer number and quality of posts that I found which made me want to stick around. There seems to be a genuine desire from experienced posters to help others who are just starting out. Also I have just read the step by step instructions and feel a lot more confident about the whole process. Thanks again,

Jon

That is the one major thing we have over MSE - everyone wants to help and it is a very detailed and thorough process.

Although my sig is not showing (for some reason), I, along with many others, have claimed from other institutions and stick around to help others as I got help with mine...a kind of 'pay it forward' kind of thing.

Also everyone is very helpful here - you won't get people berating you for running up charges and wanting them back like you do on MSE. Or if they do pop up, they are soon exterminated!!!

Please note that I am not a legal expert and all advice given is without prejudice and is purely my opinion only.

** Nationwide - £1821.15-PAID IN FULL - Aug 06 **

** Halifax Mortgage -£390 - PAID IN FULL - Nov 06 **

Lloyds TSB - MCOL issued 09/03/07 - £2953 + costs - ON HOLD....

Hi there,

Still no word from the bank, I make that 15 days now without a response. Is this normal, and should I try to hurry them up at all?

Cheers

Jon

Hi jsdp01

From what understand it is completely normal. Just stick to YOUR timetable as per step by step instructions. They usually drag it out as long as possible. So don't panic plod your way through it, if you need help ask. No such thing as a stupid question if it stops you making a stupid mistake.

Good Luck (not tha you need it)

lazybones :D

All opinions expressed by me are my own personal ones........

If in doubt seek Professional Advice

MBNA....... S.A.R....Posted..12/3/07

Delivered..13/3/07..Replied..20/4/07-- Incmplete

Non-compliance letter sent...01/05/07

LTSB........S.A.R. ..Posted..14/3/07

Delivered..20/3/07..Replied..21/4/07--Incoplete

Non-compliance letter sent...07/05/07

AL+LE...... S.A.R... Posted..14/3/07

Delivered..15/3/07..Replied..20/4/07--Complete

hi jsd, i would send all letters recorded delivery, it costs £1, if the banks get these letters from us through the normal system a lot of them are simply treated as not received,,,

dan..........

Preliminary request sent to lloyds 7.3.07

LBA sent to lloyds 21.3.07

N1 form filed at the court 4.4.07

Hi guys,

Thanks for the responses. I sent my letter to them first class and got a certificate of posting. Do you think that might not be enough and I should re-send by recorded delivery?

Cheers

Jon

• 3 weeks later...

Hi there,

I've just received a letter showing "details of charges going back to the date you opened your account, or 1st September 2001, whichever is most recent" - it says "you may now wish to proceed with your claim for reimbursement of charges but, if you do feel you need further statements, this will take longer to access our archived data." So my question is - do I ask them to go back to the date my account was opened?

Hi j

Yes, as long as you did not specifiy any dates in your original SAR they have to send every thing they have.

lazybones :D

All opinions expressed by me are my own personal ones........

If in doubt seek Professional Advice

MBNA....... S.A.R....Posted..12/3/07

Delivered..13/3/07..Replied..20/4/07-- Incmplete

Non-compliance letter sent...01/05/07

LTSB........S.A.R. ..Posted..14/3/07

Delivered..20/3/07..Replied..21/4/07--Incoplete

Non-compliance letter sent...07/05/07

AL+LE...... S.A.R... Posted..14/3/07

Delivered..15/3/07..Replied..20/4/07--Complete