I'm FURIOUS with HSBC!!

znowdonia
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6237 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

So.... As I am looking at my finances properly now I decided to apply for a credit card charging 0% for 13 months and transfer my balance from my HSBC credit card. I just called the credit card company to see WHY they declined my application and it's because they looked at my bank statements and saw all these CHARGES from my bank between £100-£150 a month!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anything I can do here??

:mad: :mad: :mad:

:? :? :?

I did not know they were allowed to look into your bank statements. I thought they used credit scoring on credit card applications????? I am confused!

Halifax - £245 - SETTLED - in full

MBNA Business - £190 - SETTLED - in full

HSBC - Closed business a/c - £1,850 - SETTLED IN FULL

HSBC - Business a/c - £4,388 - SETTLED FOR £4,100

Nat West Card - SETTLE IN FULL - £124.71

Halifax Credit Card - MCOL 26th May 2007

Egg - 1st LBA 12th May 2007

Are you a business customer, let's join forces subscribe to:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/68191-claiming-business-account-lets-6.html#post646109

Yes true but because there was not enough info on my record (which is a good scoring by the way) they requested statements - saw the CHARGES and decided maybe they shouldnt offer it to me....

I didn't think they were allowed to order statements for your account, unless it is the same bank, otherwise they will be breaching data protection.

Halifax - £245 - SETTLED - in full

MBNA Business - £190 - SETTLED - in full

HSBC - Closed business a/c - £1,850 - SETTLED IN FULL

HSBC - Business a/c - £4,388 - SETTLED FOR £4,100

Nat West Card - SETTLE IN FULL - £124.71

Halifax Credit Card - MCOL 26th May 2007

Egg - 1st LBA 12th May 2007

Are you a business customer, let's join forces subscribe to:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/68191-claiming-business-account-lets-6.html#post646109

If someone is going to offer you credit, interest free at that, can they not order whatever they choose to see if you are a auitable candidate? Thats what i thought- but I'm a newbie (she hangs her head in shame) at paying attention to my finances and now I am on a mission! how can you ever get out of debt with all this interest and chrages thrown onto your account... grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

The charges would have been placed there because you were overdrawn, I doubt the amount charged would have been relevant to the declining of your application. I'm assuming they didn't take the charges for no reason? That is the likely reason for it I would have guessed.

I'm far from an expert on this kind of thing though. :)

Maybe Katteh, maybe....

If I go over my overdrafte by even £10 I get charged - I have alot of direct debits etc that are spread out over the month and being paid weekly its all over the place

Well i'm definitely not arguing that any of the charges are reasonable or even slightly viable! But the credit card company will just be looking to see how you handle your finances and when they see charges etc it doesn't look good, so I wouldn't have thought there is anything you can do unfortunately.