Mrs t-star v Moorcroft

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6155 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

In the mail today along with my usual letter from (un)Reliable Collections came this letter for Mrs t-star

NOTICE OF INTENDED LITIGATION

Dear Mrs t-star

To prevent the above action send payment in full before 03/04/07 or telephone 0161 475 2848 immediately.

If you do not respond to this letter we will assume you are purposely avoiding repayment of this debt and we will take the necessary steps to secure settlement which may include issuing legal action against you. Please note if legal action is necessary your debt will increase as follows

Current Balance £xxx.xx

Solicitors Costs £50.00

Court Fee £20.00

Entry Of Judgement £25.00

Total Debt If Judgement Obtained £xxx.xx

Please note we have confirmed with a major public utility that you are in occupancy at the above address

Contact us now

AJ Martin

Debt Recovery Manager

mmmmm i like the last bit about public utility as all the bills are sent to Mr t-star.... are they just phishing or are they serious????

CCA being sent tommorrow

All replies and info will help

FOR THE BENEFIT OF OUR FRIENDS IN THE NSA USING THE PRISM SYSTEM. HELLO FROM THE UK.

Hmmm....personally I think they are telling fibs, I've had several of the exact same letter (from 3 diff. DCA's) and they have never actually done any of the things they threatened, whether I phoned them or not.

I phoned one and ended the conversation saying I'd rather it go to court as they have ignored all my reasonable attempts to clear the debt, she said it will go to court and then I heard nothing. They just passed it on to another DCA.

I'm curious about this...DCA's constantly lie about their intentions, and lie about what they actually have the power to do....isn't this an offence? Mis-leading people in such a manner? Or am I just being silly?

Well at least you can rest easy knowing you have the CCA on it's way to them t-star :)

Hit the scales, you know you want to :p

• 1 month later...

Mrs t-star's CCA requests were all received and signed for. She got the standard generic reply saying that they are requesting the CCA from the OC's and then asking for details of her defence. These were received on the 23/04/07 so they are already in default on both and not much longer before it is unenforcable.

FOR THE BENEFIT OF OUR FRIENDS IN THE NSA USING THE PRISM SYSTEM. HELLO FROM THE UK.

I'm curious about this...DCA's constantly lie about their intentions, and lie about what they actually have the power to do....isn't this an offence? Mis-leading people in such a manner? Or am I just being silly?

Read this Debt Help UK : Administration of Justice Act 1970 | UK debt consolidation service with free help and advice | UK debt consolidation service with free help and advice

and the sticky on OFT Guidelines for Debt Collection.

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.