Podiatrists

rosierose

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5317 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have achilles tendonitis which I saw a podiatrist for a couple of years ago. I was diagnosed with over-pronation or flat footedness - a common condition among runners 'of a certain age' :). I paid about £400 to get myself measured up for a pair of orthotic inserts which were to cure my condition. They were unusable. I blamed myself at the time for not sticking with it. I could no longer run so put on a stone :( and suffered in silence for another two years.

I have since seen a highly respected orthopedic surgeon who says that far from pronating my feet actually supinate (the exact opposite) and have been given inserts which do exactly the opposite of the original ones. They are helping immensely.

What chance do you think for reclaiming the money paid? Has anyone experience of taking this sort of action?

You have paid them for their service, and you can argue that they did not act with reasonable care and skill when diagnosing your condition (I would imagine that it could be argued that a professional podiatrist should be able to pick this up) and therefore they did not comply with the terms of the Supply of Goods and Services Act. You can possibly also look at common law and the tort of negligence if you can argue that they were negligent in their diagnosis and did not award you the proper duty of care.

The statute of limitation is six years for a claim; if it is reasonable for you to have only realised this at this time (I believe it is reasonable; you trusted in their professional diagnosis and had no real reason to get a second opinion at the time) then I believe you still have a valid claim for damages.

Please note I'm not insured in this capacity, so if you need to, do get official legal advice.

Podiatrists have to be state regsistered and are governed by the Health Professions Council, make a complaint to them regarding the practioners actions

If I've helped tip my scales

Blair Oliver & Scott, £2500 written off December 2006 Default removed January 2007:D

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt/56001-mike220359-blair-oliver-scott.html

Monument, didn't sign the agreement

:D

Lloyds TSB didn't sign the agreement!

Citicards, didn't sign the agreement

RBS tut, tut!

:rolleyes:

Morgan Stanley, oh dear

:rolleyes: