A&L Loan

poppycock

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5320 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

We have just received Acknowledgment of Service notice from A&L so we are firmly on the Court trail. I just hope they dont make us traipse all the way from north of Scotland to Leicester C.C. and then not turn up but whats the betting?

The next likely problem is this: we have an O/D of £400 which can be repaid with no bother if the bank pays up. However there is also about £3500 outstanding on an A&L personal loan. This is in my name,not joint names. I cannot get a replacement loan as I do not have enough income in my own right and my husband has credit rating problems due to credit card debts which are in his name as principal card holder. It seems highly likely that A&L will call in the loan and I/we cannot pay it. What does anyone suggest? All our income is Benefits and State Retirement pension. I can't see them pressing for bankruptcy as there is already a large ammount of unsecured debt and very little equity in our house so they certainly would not see any money back but might they take that route out of B--- mindedness and to make an example of us? Advice Please!:?

We have just received Acknowledgment of Service notice from A&L so we are firmly on the Court trail. I just hope they dont make us traipse all the way from north of Scotland to Leicester C.C. and then not turn up but whats the betting?

The next likely problem is this: we have an O/D of £400 which can be repaid with no bother if the bank pays up. However there is also about £3500 outstanding on an A&L personal loan. This is in my name,not joint names. I cannot get a replacement loan as I do not have enough income in my own right and my husband has credit rating problems due to credit card debts which are in his name as principal card holder. It seems highly likely that A&L will call in the loan and I/we cannot pay it. What does anyone suggest? All our income is Benefits and State Retirement pension. I can't see them pressing for bankruptcy as there is already a large ammount of unsecured debt and very little equity in our house so they certainly would not see any money back but might they take that route out of B--- mindedness and to make an example of us? Advice Please!:?

If they did this it could certainly be deemed retaliatory and frowned upon by the financial industry. You would certainly have grounds for complaint; first to A&L themselves - you would have to exhaust this route first and obtain a letter of Final Decision, then you would be able to complain to the FOS (ombudsman).

However, no need to get ahead of yourself, poppycock. It hasn't happened yet, and it may not happen as the accounts aren't linked. But if it does, at least you know you can put the case into dispute, and needn't let them walk all over you.

Keep us informed, and yell for help if you need it! :cool: