Offical Petition (to stop Penaltycharges)

Guest stephen

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5193 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Guest stephen

On the 28 March 2007 Number 10 has finally agreed to run our petition, thanks to Alison Seabeck MP who wrote to the Prime Minster to ask them to re-think their decision not to allow the Petition.

The Challenge is now on to get over 1 million Signatures

So please send this link to every one in your address book.

BANKFODDER Please can you email to all members

Petition to: bring in new legislation to prevent the current abuse by banks and companys in relation to Penalty charges.

Thank you

Which one is this now?!?!? I'm sure I've signed two of these already lol.

Perhaps you should try and join forces?

If my post has been useful, tip my scales and let me know

Always start with the User guide!

Stuck with RBS charges? Click here!!

RBS CA1 £2794 SETTLED!!! RBS CA2 £503 SETTLED!!! HBOS CC £498 SETTLED!!! Barclaycard £705 (with CCI) ONGOING!!! NATWEST CA ONGOING!!! LLOYDS CA x 2, CC, LOAN ONGOING!!! HFC LOAN ONGOING!!!

Signed in anycase btw

RBS CA1 £2794 SETTLED!!! RBS CA2 £503 SETTLED!!! HBOS CC £498 SETTLED!!! Barclaycard £705 (with CCI) ONGOING!!! NATWEST CA ONGOING!!! LLOYDS CA x 2, CC, LOAN ONGOING!!! HFC LOAN ONGOING!!!

search for petition in the general forums....

BANK CHARGES PETITION

Dear Members We have now launched the Official petition to try and bring an end to banks applying theses charges, If your work in the media please publish this. This petition is to ask the government to bring in legislation that prevents banks or any company offering finance, or credit agreements from applying charges (Penalty charges) for items as Bounced DDs, bounced cheques going overdrawn, late payment or charges alike. We ask that the Government bring in legislation that before any company can apply such charges to a consumer that a Court, must rule that the level of charges outlined in the contracts that a company/organisation wishes to present to a consumer, is fair and reasonable and is compatible with the UTCCR. This will also better protect the consumer and the vulnerable who’s only cause of action at the moments is to start legal proceeding against the company that has applied such charges. It will force companies to legally prove that their contacts are fair and transparent. we request that parliament make it a criminal offence for any Bank or company to take such charges from state benefits without a court approval/order. I hope you can spare a little time to sign the petition and also email this to as many people as you can, Here the link Petition to: bring in new legislation to prevent the current abuse by banks and companys in relation to Penalty charges. Thank you for your time

DPA SENT TO MBNA

7/4/07 40 DAYS MAY 16 ..

Send the DPA letter for all the statements include a £10 postal order and write "DPA request fee only" across the back of it. Send the letter by Special next day guaranteed delivery. Keep the receipts. Keep a copy of the letter as well.

SIGNED IT, SO BUMP.

A person is only as big as the dream they dare to live.

Good things come to he who waits

Its your money taken unlawfully from your account and you have a legal right to claim it back.

Hopefully to return everyone a big beauty. ;)

A person is only as big as the dream they dare to live.

Good things come to he who waits

Its your money taken unlawfully from your account and you have a legal right to claim it back.

All signed :)

NatWest : £857.00 won! March/07

Natwest : Witholding my statements & adding defaults etc , S.A.R sent Jan/08

Natwest for my partner : £2,101.00 won! Feb/07

Studio Cards : Refund for admin charges £108 Won! Dec/07

Complaint made to FOS for P.P.I Jan/08

Nationwide: S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent for statements Nov/07 ( waiting to see what happens in the OFT test case )

Littlewoods : defaulted on CCA request Feb/07

DCA's that crawled out from the woodwork and have crawled back : 28 so far!!

My favourite link on CAG:

Click here: Can't Find What You're Looking For? Here's A Complete A-z Index - The Consumer Forums

Ditto, Double ditto big timo. But its weird, I already received an e mail in my Inbox on Outlook about this. Dunno where it came from......... but it directed me to the website to sign. SO I DID, OF COURSE......... BE SILLY NOT TO REALLY WOULDNT IT............ Naughty banks, naughty. Smack bottom for you........ Fendy xx

NATWEST BANK CLAIM - £16,100.00 WON

ABBEY BANK - £5500.00 WON

CAPITAL ONE VISA - £1800.00 WON

HUBBYS CAPITAL ONE VISA £2012.00 WON

TOTAL WON TO DATE: £25,400

*************************************************:D :D

NATWEST BANK -CLAIM 2 PRE 6 YEARS- ONGOING

ABBEY BANK -CLAIM 2 PRE 6 YEARS - ONGOING

YORKSHIRE BANK - AT SAR STATUS

HALIFAX CREDIT CARD - AT SAR STATUS

PLENTY MORE TO START LATER.

STRENGTH IS SOMETHING YOU CHOOSE IN LIFE, ITS A CONSCIOUS CHOICE YOU MAKE, YOU ARE NOT BORN WITH IT. YOU LEARN IT.:D :D

STRENGTH, YOURE NOT BORN WITH IT, YOU LEARN IT :confused:DUE TO WHAT LIFE DOES TO YOU. :)

Great idea, I signed yesterday. I was going to start a thread myself but found this one instead. Has an email been sent to every member? I have only received one form Penaltycharges.co.uk.

Don't let the fatherless chillen get ya! :grin:

Barclays - settled in full £4799.38 ;)

Signed .................. and forwarded to everyone I know!!!!!!!! :D

Can't find what you're looking for? Please have a look at Michael Browne's

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I do not answer queries via PM. If you send me a PM, please include a link to your thread - any advice I am able to offer will be on your thread.

Guest stephen

sadly not, although i have asked a few times :(

this need to be emailed to every member as 1000s dont look here:eek:

Guest louis wu

Mrs wu and I have both signed, and will forward the link onto everyone I know.

Well done for getting this going

• 3 weeks later...

why is it that only a very small amount of the membership have signed this petition - come on everyone make your mark please:D

Guest louis wu

I suggest that everyone should put a link in their signatures.

Dont forget though, not everyone will post here when they sign

Louis