• Tweets

• I'm still pondering/ trying to find docs re the above issue. Moving on - same saga; different issue I'm trying to understand what I can do: The lender/ mortgagee-in-possession has a claim v me for alleged debt. But the debt has only been incurred due to them failing to sell property in >5y. I'm fighting them on this.   I've been trying to get an order for sale for 2y.  I got it legally added into my counterclaim - but that will only be dealt with at trial.  This is really frustrating. The otherside's lawyers made an application to adjourn trial for a few more months - allegedly wanting to try sort some kind of settlement with me and to use the stay to sell.  At the hearing I asked Judge to expedite the order for sale. I pointed out they need a court-imposed deadline or this adjournment is just another time wasting tactic (with interest still accruing) as they have no buyer.  But the judge said he could legally only deal with the order at trial. The otherside don't want to be forced to sell the property.. Disclosure has presented so many emails which prove they want to keep it. I raised some points with the judge including misconduct of the receiver. The judge suggested I may have a separate claim against the receiver?   On this point - earlier paid-for lawyers said my counterclaim should be directed at the lender for interference with the receiver and the lender should be held responsible for the receiver's actions/ inactions.   I don't clearly understand that, but their legal advice was something to do with the role a receiver has acting as an agent for a borrower which makes it hard for a borrower to make a claim against a receiver ???.  However the judge's comment has got me thinking.  He made it clear the current claim is lender v me - it's not receiver v me.  Yet it is the receiver who is appointed to sell the property. (The receiver is mentioned/ involved in my counterclaim only from the lender collusion/ interference perspective).  So would I be able to make a separate application for an order for sale against the receiver?  Disclosure shows receiver has constantly rejected offers. He gave a contract to one buyer 4y ago. But colluded with the lender's lawyer to withdraw the contract after 2w to instead give it to the ceo of the lender (his own ltd co) (using same lawyer).  Emails show it was their joint strategy for lender/ ceo to keep the property.  The receiver didn't put the ceo under any pressure to exchange quickly.  After 1 month they all colluded again to follow a very destructive path - to gut the property.  My account was apparently switched into a "different fund" to "enable them to do works" (probably something to do with the ceo as he switched his ltd co accountant to in-house).   Interestingly the receiver told lender not to incur significant works costs and to hold interest.  The costs were huge (added to my account) and interest was not held.   The receiver rejected a good offer put forward by me 1.5y ago.  And he rejected a high offer 1y ago - to the dismay of the agent.  Would reasons like this be good enough to make a separate application to the court against the receiver for an order for sale ??  Or due to the main proceedings and/or the weird relationship a borrower has with a receiver I cannot ?
    • so a new powerless B2B debt DCA set up less than a month ago with a 99% success rate... operating on a NWNF basis , but charging £30 to set up your use of them. that's gonna last 5mins.... = SPAMMERS AND SCAMMERS. a DCA is NOT a BAILIFF and have  ZERO legal powers on ANY debt - no matter WHAT its type. dx      
    • Migrants are caught in China's manufacturing battles with the West, as Beijing tries to save its economy.View the full article
    • You could send an SAR to DCbl on the pretext that you are going for a breach of your GDPR . They should then send the purported letter of discontinuance which may show why it ended up in Gloucester and see if you can get your  costs back on the day. It obviously won't be much but  at least perhaps a small recompense for your wasted day. Not exactly wasted since you had a great win  albeit much sweeter if you had beat them in Court. But a win is a win so well done. We will miss you as it has been almost two years since you first started out on this mission. { I would n't be surprised if the wrong Court was down to DCBL}. I see you said "till the next time" but I am guessing you will be avoiding private patrolled car parks for a while.🙂
    • It is extremely disappointing that you haven't told us anything about the result of the hearing. You came here at the very last minute and the regulars - all unpaid volunteers - sweated blood trying to get an acceptable Witness Statement prepared in an extremely short time. The least you could have done is tell us how the hearing went, information invaluable for future users. Evidently not.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

£800 Powergen bill....

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6194 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Last week i recieved an £800 bill from Powergen... and since then they have been hassling every day for payment ( i am happy to deal with this, a letter is on its way!!)

They have had the meter checked by an engineer and they say it is ok, but i cannot for the life of me believe that this is correct....

I pay £70 per month anyway, and over the winter the bill has gone mad..

So guys i need some help here as to what this may be.. I have offered £400 for now and also to increase my SO by another £10, but they are not happy (tough!).

Do you know what check was done on the meter, whether it was a standard load test or a check meter installed in parallel to your meter.

The only definitive way of saying whether or not a meter is accurate is to have a check meter installed over a period of 28 days

The advice I give in relation to benefits should be viewed as general advice and not specific to your individual claim circumstances. I cannot give specific advice on your claim as I cannot access the claim.

If you find the advice useful please click on my scales.

So they haven't done a consumption query with you then.

What they have done is to change the timeswitch. From this I can presume that you have a 2 rate meter - day and night, and therefore exists the possibility that the night rate useage has been charged at day rate prices.

From your last bill, is there any increase on the night rate useage or was it based on estimates. Either way Powergen should have received the details of the timeswitch change and will need to adjust the bill accordingly to take into account of the incorrect useage charging.

To get a meter accuracy check done there are a series of hoops that need to be done whereby you take daily readings of your meter and list the appliances (including lights) used and for how long. Then you phone them up with these details and Powergen will then go through your useage and compare them with the useage expected from running costs. If a large discrepancy is found then a check meter should be installed to run in parallel with your meter over a period of 28 days.

The check meters are calibrated prior to installation and during their time at your property record the useage. Readings are taken from both your meter and the check meter at installation, again after 14 days and finally upon removal. A meter is classed as accurate so long as it is not more than 2% fast or 5% slow. You may be asked to pay a deposit to have a check meter fitted which would be returned, usually to the account, if it is proven that the meter is inaccurate.

• Haha 1

The advice I give in relation to benefits should be viewed as general advice and not specific to your individual claim circumstances. I cannot give specific advice on your claim as I cannot access the claim.

If you find the advice useful please click on my scales.

So they haven't done a consumption query with you then.

What they have done is to change the timeswitch. From this I can presume that you have a 2 rate meter - day and night, and therefore exists the possibility that the night rate useage has been charged at day rate prices.

From your last bill, is there any increase on the night rate useage or was it based on estimates. Either way Powergen should have received the details of the timeswitch change and will need to adjust the bill accordingly to take into account of the incorrect useage charging.

To get a meter accuracy check done there are a series of hoops that need to be done whereby you take daily readings of your meter and list the appliances (including lights) used and for how long. Then you phone them up with these details and Powergen will then go through your useage and compare them with the useage expected from running costs. If a large discrepancy is found then a check meter should be installed to run in parallel with your meter over a period of 28 days.

The check meters are calibrated prior to installation and during their time at your property record the useage. Readings are taken from both your meter and the check meter at installation, again after 14 days and finally upon removal. A meter is classed as accurate so long as it is not more than 2% fast or 5% slow. You may be asked to pay a deposit to have a check meter fitted which would be returned, usually to the account, if it is proven that the meter is inaccurate.

Yes i do have a 2 rate meter, and i suspect that the readings have been transposed at some stage..

I am in Bristol at the moment so i will have a look at the bills when i get back and repost then

Thanks for your help so far....

Hi, Is the meter an AO5 meter? its on the front of the meter box. I have been having the same problems and have had engineers out, i've videoed the thing. had countless hours of up and down watching it only to be told yesterday that the AO5 meters run nightrate at different hours!!!! just as you expect everything to go onto cheap, its actually going onto day rate costing massive amounts to get your storage heaters going and anything on timers for the midnight switch. My supplier told me last month that my night hours were 12 -7 give or take 15 mins!! I'm now also checking with the manufacturer how long the chips inside them are guaranteed for as the digital clock runs slow and then fast on top of an average 13 min time difference. Please let me know the manufacturer and the first 4 letters and numbers of your meter and i'll see what i can find out.

Charlie

I just rang ampy, the manufacturers, they are very hedgy about the whole thing but tell me that powergen are capable of setting them accurately and depending on the model, which may run to other serial numbers and model numbers are able to time your appliances. however as the engineer told me they staggered the times to avoid the peak switch over usage because it blew fuses at the substation, it looks rather as though powergen were deliberately misleading the consumer.

day and night rates mixed up huh

as a corgi registered engineer for someone to say to me its common for plumbers to mix up the gas and the hot water tap connection, or the flow and the return would be very rare indeed.

when just like myself i fit a gas meter, everything is checked in accordance with extremely tight rules, i know exactly what im doing and what should be done, what everything should look like and how it all should be tested.

the same can be said for the electrical meters, and for an electrician to "mix up" day and night rate, is practically impossible, it wouldnt happen.

what am i saying ?

what do you think im saying ?

draw your own conclusions !

Dont Rush - Take Your Time - Dont always take me seriously

:p

If you feel i have helped you then click

Here, if you feel i have not helped you then click Here, if you want to complain about this go Here, if you would like bank secrets then go Here.

MBNA - Case Charges+PPI+CI+LA+Damages+costs

RBS Credit Card - Case Charges+CI+LA+Costs

Barclays - Case Charges+CI+LA+Damages+costs

Halifax - Case Charges+CI+Damages+costs

Online Finance - Case Charge+CI+Damages+costs

No Prog, no one is saying the engineers are mixing up the day and night etc. Its the billing system held at the utility company that mixes them up. The meter is fitted and working fine but the billing database accepts the night read as the day and the day as the night, trust me this is sooo common due to very bad systems and processing. Engineers know there job and trade and rarely do it incorrect as lives could be in danger its the process that comes after that is unorganised and usually unmanned. Transposed reads, I deal with at least 2 a day and that is 2 a day too much.

ozzy,

i guess what i was saying is that anyone that knows their job rarely messes that job up, a computer system thats there to filter data or whatever out will do just that.

I guess what im saying is look at the bigger picture, mistake like that in reality dont happen too often, so if they are happening.......its probably not a mistake :eek:

do you see where im going with this......

Dont Rush - Take Your Time - Dont always take me seriously

:p

If you feel i have helped you then click

Here, if you feel i have not helped you then click Here, if you want to complain about this go Here, if you would like bank secrets then go Here.

MBNA - Case Charges+PPI+CI+LA+Damages+costs

RBS Credit Card - Case Charges+CI+LA+Costs

Barclays - Case Charges+CI+LA+Damages+costs

Halifax - Case Charges+CI+Damages+costs

Online Finance - Case Charge+CI+Damages+costs

Yeah I see exactly were you are going with this and agree with ya, it is not human error as such it’s a combination of the big picture the whole system and process of the way the meters are read and entered onto various systems before it hits the customers account and is used for billing. The systems are rarely monitored unless a customer phones in and makes the company aware of their individual problem. So how many do not question their consumption ?

I have my gas with powergen and have the same problem. An £800+ bill. On Friday they sent someone out who changed our meter to a card one which we were told we could never have before as we live in a flat and the meter is out the back of the block. They have put the bill on the meter and is we want £10 we have to put £20 a week on or whatever as they are taking £10 a week from the meter everytime we put the card in. They told my dh this will clear the bill within 10 months which I can not work out how at £10 a week. Powergen are a rip off.

If you choose so you can have this dropped to 3 pound a week. Just phone the prepay department and they will drop it for you, give us a shout if you need the phone number. Also ask for an upto date statement then you can check how they have worked this out.

I am quite amazed to have stumbled on this thread, i have a bill for £801 from powergen (for the last 6months) for my business premises.

I only switched to them 6months ago as it was a cheaper unit rate.

With my previous supplier i paid £80/month direct debit, and when i left i was £430 in CREDIT!

I have emailed them today asking for this to be looked into, and gave them various readings i had noted over the last year.

At an average my annual bill should be around £1000, so to be charged £800 in the first 6months is staggering.

I shall follow this thread to see how yooz get on

I will keep an eye on this post as this also happened to my dad. he has had to have a meter installed and is paying so much off each time he puts his card in. His bill was also over £800

Settled at 50%

Clydesdale £155. Should have been £310 charges, plus interest :( Husbands Account.

SETTLED IN FULL:

MBNA £1230. For Hubby.

Halifax £39.

RBS £342. For Hubby.

Cap One £200.

Abbey:

:D Settled in FULL April 18th 2007. £5179.83 Paid but what a long battle!

:D

COMPENSATION OF £100 ON 14/04/08 FOR CONTINUED HARASSEMENT.

Guest Ruthie P

Josa, if your timeswitch was faulty then the mop (meter operator) who came out and changed it should have sent powergen the information. Powergen should then adjust your consumption to reapportion your units onto both day and night (this will be an estimate as the night rate has not recorded your true consumption)they will ask you to take readings over a 7 day period work out the split between the two rates and rebill you accordingly. If noone helps you on the normal number call the complaints line and you will get through to a senior operator who will help you.

This happened to me too. A bill for over £900

In fact since having a card meter installed I pay a lot less so it makes me wonder if my meter was set at the wrong rate too. I just hope when the £900 is cleared they don't want to remove the card meter because I am not giving it back.

I also received a letter the other day saying they are reducing their prices & to make an appointment to have it reset. I don't think i'll bother after reading this thread.

something is going on here for so many people to be getting the same kind of bill... the latest with mine is that i am now expecting a call back on the 10 April, after they have analysed 2 weeks worth of consumption... not sure how this will solve anything but we'll see what happens...

Also, their debt dept are beginning to hassle...

Guest sihum

HAve you signed up to the online billing yet Jos ?You can keep an eye what they are doing to your bill...its also a good idea to do your own approx calculations to compare against Powergens. Seems an awful lot of adjusting goes on and you end up no better off for it if you don't keep on top of things.

mine has gone on since december 2005 with the first £1k bill for a quarter...see if you make head or tail of this.....

date..............descr....................amount......balance

19 Mar 07.....Payment Received... 50.00......-12.36

19 Feb 07.....Payment Received ...50.00......-62.36

29 Jan 07.....Invoice adj...............675.26....-112.36

22 Jan 07.....Invoice...................977.12... -787.62

17 Jan 07.....Payment Received .....50.00.....189.50

18 Dec 06....Payment Received .....50.00......139.50

21 Nov 06.....Payment Received ....50.00........89.50

08 Nov 06....Adjustment................72.73...... 39.50

06 Nov 06....Adjustment...............500.00 .....112.23

02 Nov 06.....Incorrectly Applied.....500.00 .....612.23

28 Oct 06.....Invoice....................167.72....... 1112.23

21 Oct 06.....Invoice adj.............. 2507.38.......1279.95

17 Oct 06.....Payment Received ....50.00........-1227.43

29 Sep 06.....Invoice...................79.83 .......-1277.43

18 Sep 06.....Payment Received..... 50.00......-1197.60

17 Aug 06.....Payment Received ....50.00.......-1247.60

17 Jul 06.......Payment Received ...50.00........-1297.60

19 Jun 06.......Payment Received.. 50.00........-1347.60

14 Jun 06.......Invoice adj........... 1397.35.....-1397.60

10 Jun 06........Invoice................2973.54 .....-2794.95

17 May 06.......Payment Received 121.32............299.91

18 Apr 06.........Payment Received 121.32...........178.59

This happened to me too. A bill for over £900

In fact since having a card meter installed I pay a lot less so it makes me wonder if my meter was set at the wrong rate too. I just hope when the £900 is cleared they don't want to remove the card meter because I am not giving it back.

I also received a letter the other day saying they are reducing their prices & to make an appointment to have it reset. I don't think i'll bother after reading this

thread.

You will probably be getting this replaced with a plastic key type one that is charged up at paypoint outlets.

With this there is no need for appointments since adjustments are done electronically.

I have one and find am using more now than I did with the old cards........you can check your own settings tho by a series of letters between A-S

Have a happy and prosperous 2013 by avoiiding Payday loans. If you are sent a private message directing you for advice or support with your issues to another website,this is your choice.Before you decide,consider the users here who have already offered help and support.

Advice offered by Martin3030 is not supported by any legal training or qualification.Members are advised to use the services of fully insured legal professionals when needed.