Ebay and Paypal Fraud - request for info

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6234 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

Is there a section on the site about Ebay and Paypal Fraud please? I have had a look but can't see anuy info anywhere. In short, my bf was ripped off (in the purchase of a mobile phone) by an Ebay trader and the police say they will not investigate it. I would be prepared to take out small claims action against this man. BF did get some money back through Paypal but there is still over £100 that he is out of pocket. The seller says it is a case of ID fraud but there is evidence against this (emails and responses/ a separate complainant who has had a similar problem and who has proof of addresses etc).

Thank you,

Cats Pajamas

29 March 2006 Data Protection Act Request sent for ac 1 (then she got a bit distracted but got another charge so...)

27 May Prelim letter sent for ac 1

27 May Data Protection Act Request sent for ac 2 & 3

21 June Prelim Letter sent for 2 & 3

14 July LBA sent with schedule for ac 1 & 2 & 3

7 August MCO filed – defence expected 10 September

11 September defence filed - signed Sean Copping

12 September AQ form received

18th September AQ sent back to Lambeth Court and copy sent to solicitors both recorded delivery

13th Feb 2007 Court Date Set

15th Feb Reclaimed Money is in my bank Account

Cat's opinions are those of a nurse and most definitely, definitely not those of an accountant or solicitor, although she was always quite good at sums and elocution.

Thank you ladybird. I find the pay pal site a bit painful but I will get back to it.

Cat

29 March 2006 Data Protection Act Request sent for ac 1 (then she got a bit distracted but got another charge so...)

18th September AQ sent back to Lambeth Court and copy sent to solicitors both recorded delivery

Cat's opinions are those of a nurse and most definitely, definitely not those of an accountant or solicitor, although she was always quite good at sums and elocution.

"commercial" as to include external sites, forum driven not dissimilar to CAG.

No - "commercial" to include products and services which require payment to be used. I believe barracad removed your link because it referenced such a product or service. If you have information to the contrary then contact barracad by private message.

** We would not seek a battle as we are, yet as we are, we say we will not shun it. (Henry V) **

see you stand like greyhounds in the slips,

Straining upon the start. The game's afoot:

Follow your spirit; and, upon this charge

Cry 'God for Harry! England and Saint George!'

:D If you think I have helped, informed, or amused you do the clickey scaley thing !! :D

The link I posted was to a forum, but title by itself did suggest a sevice, I don't know if the the mod had a look at the site or made a decission by what it sounded like. It did have a forum specific to ebay and paypal with some interesting posts.

Just to add with every site it has to be self sufficient and this one did have those small google adds on the side probably to cover its costs.

The link I posted was to a forum, but title by itself did suggest a sevice, I don't know if the the mod had a look at the site or made a decission by what it sounded like. It did have a forum specific to ebay and paypal with some interesting posts.

Just to add with every site it has to be self sufficient and this one did have those small google adds on the side probably to cover its costs.

Like I said; if you have an issue then please contact barracad by private message. He's not an ogre you know... :)

Paypal itself isn't a good source of info for these problems because it suits them not to be. BF has already handed over £15 to them for 'admin charges' when he got the money back that they were prepared to give him. There is scope for an independent forum so please let Barracad know about it - I'm sure he wont mind.

Thanks for the other advice as well. The more I'm reading about Paypal, the more worried I'm getting, although some of it isn't a surprise to me. Its OK (albeit costly enough) when things go right but when things go wrong, they are really very, very bad.