• Tweets

• Massive issues from Scottish Power I wonder if someone could advise next steps. Tennant moved out I changed the electric into my name I was out the country at the time so I hadn't been to the flat. During sign up process they tried to hijack my gas supply as well which I made it clear I didn't want duel fuel from them but they still went ahead with it. Phoned them up again. a few days later telling them to make sure they stopped it but they said too late ? had to get my current supplier to cancel it. Paid £50 online to ensure there was money covering standing charges etc eventually got to the flat no power. Phoned Scottish Power 40 minutes to get through they state I have a pay as you go meter and that they had set me up on a credit account so they need to send an engineer out which they will pass my details onto. Phone called from engineer asking questions , found out the float is vacant so not an emergency so I have to speak to Scottish Power again. Spoke with the original person from Scottish Power who admitted a mistake (I had told her it was vacant) and now states that it will take 4 weeks to get an appointment but if I want to raise a complaint they will contact me in 48 hours and it will be looked at quicker. Raised a complaint , complaints emailed me within 24 hours to say it will take 7 days till he speaks with me. All I want is power in the property would I be better switching over to EON who supply the gas surely they could sort it out quicker? One thing is for sure I will never bother with Scottish Power ever again.    
    • Hi. Please don't follow McD's advice to contact Met to appeal. They won't listen and you could end up giving them helpful information. HB
    • The UK-based mining giant Anglo American says it has received a takeover proposal from Australia's BHP.View the full article
    • who gave you the NTH? who was it sent to? thread title updated dx  
    • blimey CAG gave all that FREE help over +6mts and +100 posts and they never even bothered to comeback...
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

KM_S v Capital One ***WON***

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6078 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Can someone give me some advice please.

I have written, phoned and done just about everything I can but I just cant seem to get any joy from Cap 1. The judgment was founfd against them (in default), they still claim they did not know anything about the claim despite me writing to them advising them they had not responded to the court. I sent them the letter in my previous post which I checked was delivered. The money they say they have credited to my account is still not there, do I know ask for execution of warrent?.

KM_S

hi dpick again I think you have given them enough rope it would appear that no one has authority to pay you as according to them they have not agreed to pay you unless you submit to their terms go for execution of warrant and don't forget add any expenses you have to do that.

dpick bailiffs for them:) :) :)

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Right, thought about it last night, will check if money is in account after 9 this morning, if its not going to the court to start proceedings for execution of judgment. They cannot claim they did not know about the claim as I have a proof of delivery for the letter I sent them advising them they had not responded. Dont know what will happen to this but knowing my luck they will manage to get the claim set aside and then struck out.

KM_S

Hi Km_s

How is it going?.. Just read your PM

Uk

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

Hello Doo.. :)

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

Had a full blown argument with call centre yesterday asking why £769.53 has not been credited to my account when they said oin their letter dated 29th June they had credited it. Ended up going round in circles with the manager of the call centre who refused to put me through to the legal dept. I told them that as they had not paid me I would ask the court for a warrent of execution and would be quite happy to notify the national press that the bailiffs would call. Didnt achieve much but made me feel a damm sight better :) . Anyway contacted the court this morning and obtained the Intro to Enforcement Self Help pack, however the court did inform me that it is hard to get a warrent of execution against a bank (bearing in mind that the court staff are not legally trained). Latest just downloaded form, will check account after 9 tomorrow, if money not there going to file it.

Wish me luck everyone

KM_S

Hi there did the manager not say why it was not there?

Nope in fact he was about as much use as a chocolate fireguard. We have checked regularly and they have not made any credits to the account. Come to think of it there has been little or no communication from them. In the letter that they sent saying they would not pay CCI they said they were sending a cheque that we should receive within 14 working days, well given them enough time so as I said going to file lunchtime.

Its gort to the stage where I want them to have to appear in court even if I lose the publicity they would get would cost them dearly.

KM_S

i totally understand but all the same it is stressfull.Give them one last call and ask them what day they sent the cheque or what date they will be tranferring money and then if they cannot give you an answer ask why not and record the conversation if you can it should all help.

Tried to talk to them but just getting the run around, no one seems to be able to give me the answers so in the end I have filed the documents. The call centre say the last pdf file they have is the one from April---- what planet are these people on. Getting more and more stressed every time I talk to them.

KM_S

Oh goody, just checked my home phone calls yesterday, guess what

08004220293 12:48

08004220293 12:59

08005610415 15:53

08004220295 17:44

08004220295 17:54

08004220295 20:37

08004220295 20:48

All from Cap 1, they do so want to talk to me now. Funny all these were after I told them I was filing papers at court. They didnt want to know until then. Oh well its done now

What an excellent thread.

Am watching this avidly as I am just starting my claim against Capital One for charges plus CI.

You have given Capital One so much leeway and benefit of doubt.

No is the time to stay strong and go for the jugular.

You deserve the full amount of your claim and after it is settled you should put in a very sizeable claim for costs as well for all the distress and aggravation they have caused you and your wife.

Good luck

Kepp us posted

Rgds Ringmaster

Hi KM S, I see they are keeping you busy - I have had a bit of catching up to do on your thread as I have not received any e-mail notifications since my last post. Good to see you are not letting them off the hook, I will be watching :D .

Hi UK ;)

Hi Doo. . :)

Hi Km_s

I would just stay in touch via letter in the future. You get the run around, and you get stressed for the rest of the day.

Uk

WARNING TO ALL

can someone explain how to go for CI against Crap One?

Keep the faith. EiE.

Capstone Mortgage 'Services' - Sub-prime garbage - unlawful behaviour/MULTIPLE consumer abuse, TOTALLY in Defiance of REGULATIONS and the law

http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pubs/final/gmac_rfc.pdf

CONTACT CIB Here

http://www.insolvency.gov.uk/Complaintformcib.Htm

Kevin Hughes(Compliance Manager-main) @ 02920 380 633

Lee Jenkins(prosecuting Amany Attia) 02920 380 643

Mark Youde(accounts compliance) 02920 380 955

Charlotte Allan @ 0207 596 6108 investigating all the Lehman lenders

Jeremy Pilcher 0207 637 6231

NO KAGGA LEFT BEHIND...

"We would not seek a battle, as we are; Nor, as we are, we say we will not shun it"

Hi

If you start your own thread under Capital One , we will guide you through the process.

Uk

WARNING TO ALL

I have! it's called enoughisenough vs capital one! but on that thread I've not received more than a couple of responses to anything. Itis been almost like a diary. Thanks aviator, for you suggestion though. I thought I was being relevant to the posts on this thread since almost everyone was posting about CCI.

Keep the faith. EiE.

Capstone Mortgage 'Services' - Sub-prime garbage - unlawful behaviour/MULTIPLE consumer abuse, TOTALLY in Defiance of REGULATIONS and the law

http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pubs/final/gmac_rfc.pdf

CONTACT CIB Here

http://www.insolvency.gov.uk/Complaintformcib.Htm

Kevin Hughes(Compliance Manager-main) @ 02920 380 633

Lee Jenkins(prosecuting Amany Attia) 02920 380 643

Mark Youde(accounts compliance) 02920 380 955

Charlotte Allan @ 0207 596 6108 investigating all the Lehman lenders

Jeremy Pilcher 0207 637 6231

NO KAGGA LEFT BEHIND...

"We would not seek a battle, as we are; Nor, as we are, we say we will not shun it"

had a phone call from cap one saturday informing me i was over limit, I explained that I had a letter from them saying they had paid over £700 into my account therefore how could I be over limit. I think the guy on the phone was a bit taken aback, he said they didnt have a record of that letter (choosy what they put on system arent they). Anyway didnt get into slanging match with him just explained that Cap one owe me £4,700 and I would pay when they did, he said he did understand and would update their system.

Lets hope the court doesnt take too long to get the bailiffs in.

KM_S

We have been seeing a lot of this sort of thing in other bank threads. There seems to be no communication between the Litigation Dept and the Lending teams, which results in hassle phone calls and defaults.

WARNING TO ALL

i think lenders should be penalised by the courts.they should not be allowed to issue settlement letters then not settle.

if the boot was on the other foot...............

well thats why we're on here..because we failed to adhere to contracts and promises ansd ended up being punished-why cant the courts do something more

lloyds S.A.R -sent 04/04/200

statements received 11/05/2007

prelim-14/05/2007 -£4987

lba-30/05/2007

n1-20/07/2007

Co-Op prelim sent-20/04/2007-£136.50

settled in full

goldfish prelim-27/06/2007

capital one -deemed served -01/07/2007

settlement without cci offered 17/07/2007

halifax prelim-17/07/2007

aqua--prelim-13/07/2007

welcome-prelim-30/06/2007

lba-14/07/2007

They may do in the future. The Yorkshire bank case may well sort this out once and for all..

WARNING TO ALL

Had a letter from the court today:-

A warrent has been on 23/07/2007

Case No: 7BV00708 WT No: V0000303 WT Type: Execution Defendant: Capital One (Europe) PLC Blf Area Court :Nottingham

Oh how id love to see the Bailiffs go in.

KM_S

Had a letter from the court today:-

A warrent has been on 23/07/2007

Case No: 7BV00708 WT No: V0000303 WT Type: Execution Defendant: Capital One (Europe) PLC Blf Area Court :Nottingham

Oh how id love to see the Bailiffs go in.

KM_S

Hi let the mods know they would love to have press coverage if Bailiffs do actually go into Crap1

dpick:D :D :D :D

It means that the Bailiffs have a warrent to go in, not sure when they will. I believe they write to them first telling them to pay if they dont then they can sieze goods.