• Tweets

• I'm still pondering/ trying to find docs re the above issue. Moving on - same saga; different issue I'm trying to understand what I can do: The lender/ mortgagee-in-possession has a claim v me for alleged debt. But the debt has only been incurred due to them failing to sell property in >5y. I'm fighting them on this.   I've been trying to get an order for sale for 2y.  I got it legally added into my counterclaim - but that will only be dealt with at trial.  This is really frustrating. The otherside's lawyers made an application to adjourn trial for a few more months - allegedly wanting to try sort some kind of settlement with me and to use the stay to sell.  At the hearing I asked Judge to expedite the order for sale. I pointed out they need a court-imposed deadline or this adjournment is just another time wasting tactic (with interest still accruing) as they have no buyer.  But the judge said he could legally only deal with the order at trial. The otherside don't want to be forced to sell the property.. Disclosure has presented so many emails which prove they want to keep it. I raised some points with the judge including misconduct of the receiver. The judge suggested I may have a separate claim against the receiver?   On this point - earlier paid-for lawyers said my counterclaim should be directed at the lender for interference with the receiver and the lender should be held responsible for the receiver's actions/ inactions.   I don't clearly understand that, but their legal advice was something to do with the role a receiver has acting as an agent for a borrower which makes it hard for a borrower to make a claim against a receiver ???.  However the judge's comment has got me thinking.  He made it clear the current claim is lender v me - it's not receiver v me.  Yet it is the receiver who is appointed to sell the property. (The receiver is mentioned/ involved in my counterclaim only from the lender collusion/ interference perspective).  So would I be able to make a separate application for an order for sale against the receiver?  Disclosure shows receiver has constantly rejected offers. He gave a contract to one buyer 4y ago. But colluded with the lender's lawyer to withdraw the contract after 2w to instead give it to the ceo of the lender (his own ltd co) (using same lawyer).  Emails show it was their joint strategy for lender/ ceo to keep the property.  The receiver didn't put the ceo under any pressure to exchange quickly.  After 1 month they all colluded again to follow a very destructive path - to gut the property.  My account was apparently switched into a "different fund" to "enable them to do works" (probably something to do with the ceo as he switched his ltd co accountant to in-house).   Interestingly the receiver told lender not to incur significant works costs and to hold interest.  The costs were huge (added to my account) and interest was not held.   The receiver rejected a good offer put forward by me 1.5y ago.  And he rejected a high offer 1y ago - to the dismay of the agent.  Would reasons like this be good enough to make a separate application to the court against the receiver for an order for sale ??  Or due to the main proceedings and/or the weird relationship a borrower has with a receiver I cannot ?
    • so a new powerless B2B debt DCA set up less than a month ago with a 99% success rate... operating on a NWNF basis , but charging £30 to set up your use of them. that's gonna last 5mins.... = SPAMMERS AND SCAMMERS. a DCA is NOT a BAILIFF and have  ZERO legal powers on ANY debt - no matter WHAT its type. dx      
    • Migrants are caught in China's manufacturing battles with the West, as Beijing tries to save its economy.View the full article
    • You could send an SAR to DCbl on the pretext that you are going for a breach of your GDPR . They should then send the purported letter of discontinuance which may show why it ended up in Gloucester and see if you can get your  costs back on the day. It obviously won't be much but  at least perhaps a small recompense for your wasted day. Not exactly wasted since you had a great win  albeit much sweeter if you had beat them in Court. But a win is a win so well done. We will miss you as it has been almost two years since you first started out on this mission. { I would n't be surprised if the wrong Court was down to DCBL}. I see you said "till the next time" but I am guessing you will be avoiding private patrolled car parks for a while.🙂
    • It is extremely disappointing that you haven't told us anything about the result of the hearing. You came here at the very last minute and the regulars - all unpaid volunteers - sweated blood trying to get an acceptable Witness Statement prepared in an extremely short time. The least you could have done is tell us how the hearing went, information invaluable for future users. Evidently not.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Intrum Justitia Arghhhhhh, help please

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6218 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

:-? I sent a cca to intrum on the 28th feb 2007, they cashed the postal order and then i recieved a letter stating they were unable to provide the info that i had requested and in light of the this, can confirm that the account had been returned to Aktiv Kapital, i will receive no further telephone calls or correspondence from Intrum regarding this account, any further enquiries to be forwarded to Aktiv Kapital.

A cheque for the £1 will be returned separately.

iI immediately rang Aktiv Kapital who said they had no details about it being returned or it going to be returned to them.

About a week later i received a cheque off Intrum for the £1 fee, which i have filed away.

Am i correct in understanding that they cannot do this once the account is in dispute.

I imediately sent them a letter as follows

IntrumJustitia

FAO Lucy Osbourne

PO.Box 7182

Harlow

CM19 5WF

Wednesday 14th March 2007

Dear Sirs,

Reference: First National Tricity Finance

A/c Number:

Thankyou for the reply dated 12th March with regards to my request of a True copy of the credit agreement.

As you have been collecting payments and you you have cashed the postal for the statutory fee of £1, it is your responsibility top comply with my request within the statutory time limit.

Failure to do so will result in a complaint to the relevant authorities. I look forward to receiving the above.

Yours faithfully

Anyway, here I am minding my own business this morning when i received yet another letter off the wonderful Intrum Justitia, stating

We confirm your account has been removed from our files and further coorespondence should be sent to Aktiv Kapitol.

What do I do now, have they broken the law in doing this as it was already in dispute, or do I now cca Aktiv Kapitol, arghhhhhhh, can someone please help:confused:

Regards,

Rinkydinkydoo

:confused: I sent a cca to intrum on the 28th feb 2007, they cashed the postal order and then i recieved a letter stating they were unable to provide the info that i had requested and in light of the this, can confirm that the account had been returned to Aktiv Kapital, i will receive no further telephone calls or correspondence from Intrum regarding this account, any further enquiries to be forwarded to Aktiv Kapital.

A cheque for the £1 will be returned separately.

iI immediately rang Aktiv Kapital who said they had no details about it being returned or it going to be returned to them.

About a week later i received a cheque off Intrum for the £1 fee, which i have filed away.

Am i correct in understanding that they cannot do this once the account is in dispute.

I imediately sent them a letter as follows

IntrumJustitia

FAO Lucy Osbourne

PO.Box 7182

Harlow

CM19 5WF

Wednesday 14th March 2007

Dear Sirs,

Reference: First National Tricity Finance

A/c Number:

Thankyou for the reply dated 12th March with regards to my request of a True copy of the credit agreement.

As you have been collecting payments and you you have cashed the postal for the statutory fee of £1, it is your responsibility top comply with my request within the statutory time limit.

Failure to do so will result in a complaint to the relevant authorities. I look forward to receiving the above.

Yours faithfully

Anyway, here I am minding my own business this morning when i received yet another letter off the wonderful Intrum Justitia, stating

We confirm your account has been removed from our files and further coorespondence should be sent to Aktiv Kapitol.

What do I do now, have they broken the law in doing this as it was already in dispute, or do I now cca Aktiv Kapitol, arghhhhhhh, can someone please help:confused:

Regards,

Rinkydinkydoo

As i understand it you have made a CCA request regarding an alleged debt where intrum justitia acted on behalf of aktiv kapital.

although intrum has stated that they will pass the account back to aktiv, YOUR CCA REQUEST STILL STAND.

It is now aktiv kapital burden to comply.

Please any more informed peoples correct me...

Hi RDD,

I had the same from IJ, I have been paying them for 14 years for a debt, I sent them a CCA request and they sent me the same letter as yours, I have done nothing.

You can do nothing, you have contacted Aktiv Kapital whom say they have had not had the debt returned to them, If the debt had been sold to IJ then IJ have failed to produce the CCA wait a further month then they commit a criminal offense, the debt cannot be enforced while the account is in dispute.

IMOP I would sit back and do nothing:)

nanna

Good morning all. I have receieved a wonderful (not) letter from Aktiv Kapital this morning.

They are saying they have requested a copy of the origional cca under the consumer credit act 1974 section 77/78, but they were unable to retrieve it as it is an aged debt.

This is the good bit, lol,

As you have made payments towards discharging the balance there can be no dispute of the balance, (PROVE IT I SAY TO MYSELF, THE CHEEK OF THEM) hence we do not see the relevence of the copy application form, (and the rest they should send) with respect you should have kept your own copy. The b....y cheek of them.

Does anyone have any idea as what I should do and send to them next, all help would be appreciated, they have got me so wound up, I,ll not back down, lol.

:D

Good morning all. I have receieved a wonderful (not) letter from Aktiv Kapital this morning.

They are saying they have requested a copy of the origional cca under the consumer credit act 1974 section 77/78, but they were unable to retrieve it as it is an aged debt.

As you have made payments towards discharging the balance there can be no dispute of the balance, (PROVE IT I SAY TO MYSELF, THE CHEEK OF THEM) hence we do not see the relevence of the copy application form, (and the rest they should send) with respect you should have kept your own copy. The b....y cheek of them.

Does anyone have any idea as what I should do and send to them next, all help would be appreciated, they have got me so wound up, I,ll not back down, lol.

Send them a non-compliance of CCA letter and go from there.

This one will make them take notice.

I refer to my letters dated XXXXXXXX which was delivered via recorded delivery to your offices on XXXXXXXX, and my follow up letter dated XXXXXXXX.

In my letter xxxxxxI made a formal request for a copy of the signed, executed credit agreement for the above numbered XXXXXXXX account under section 77(1) and section 78(1) of the Consumer Credit Act. In addition a statement of my account should have been sent along with any other document mentioned in the credit agreement.

The Consumer Credit Act allows 12 working days for this request to be carried out before your company enter into a default situation. If the request is not satisfied after a further 30 calendar days, Your company commit an offence. These time limits expired on XXXXXXXX and XXXXXXXX respectively.

As you are no doubt aware subsection (6) states:

If the creditor under an agreement fails to comply with subsection (1)—

(a) He is not entitled, while the default continues, to enforce the agreement; and

(b) If the default continues for one month he commits an offence.

Therefore as at XXXXXXXX this account became unenforceable at law and it is now my intention to refer this matter to the enforcement authorities.

Any default notices or adverse comments your company have recorded on my credit reference file should be immediately removed.

Failure to respond favourably to this letter within seven (7) days of receipt will result in immediate litigation being commenced against your company without further notice.

I await your rapid response.

Your etc

BLAH

Also seems that you need to take a breath and calm down.

Let THEM do all the work !!

DON'T call them, everything in writing ONLY.

Be VERY careful whose advice you listen too

I cannot believe they would actually be stupid enough to write something like that. They have opened a huge can of worms for themselves. No doubt the courts would make mincemeat of them but they have admitted they have no legal authority to collect any debt. In fact they cannot even prove one exists. Enjoy the sweet smell of success or is that the smell of Aktiv slipping deeper into the mire

To be fair Aktiv hasn't complied with your request for a copy of the original agreement under the CCA and as the CCA states whilst they are in default for supplying the agreement, they are not entitled to enforce the debt.

It is my opinion that this is just scare tactics and that they are trying to coax you back into paying this debt.

It is tricky, although they have failed to provide the agreement, should they take it to court the court is only interested in whether you borrowed the money and would more than likely mean you would lose the case and be liable for costs.

However, I think that this would be unlikely because Aktiv have not complied with the CCA request and they would face slapped wrists etc with regards to not supplying the agreement.

It may be worth writing to your local Trading Standards and the Information Commissioner or just sitting back to see what other tricks Aktiv have up their sleeve....

Completed:

Woolwich: Received £30

Intelligent Finance: Received £1100 after two years and approximately 20 letters, 6 pieces of hair and an eyeball.

Barclaycard: Received £90

HFC: Received £170

To be fair Aktiv hasn't complied with your request for a copy of the original agreement under the CCA and as the CCA states whilst they are in default for supplying the agreement, they are not entitled to enforce the debt.

It is my opinion that this is just scare tactics and that they are trying to coax you back into paying this debt.

It is tricky, although they have failed to provide the agreement, should they take it to court the court is only interested in whether you borrowed the money and would more than likely mean you would lose the case and be liable for costs.

However, I think that this would be unlikely because Aktiv have not complied with the CCA request and they would face slapped wrists etc with regards to not supplying the agreement.

It may be worth writing to your local Trading Standards and the Information Commissioner or just sitting back to see what other tricks Aktiv have up their sleeve....

Does anyone else think they are likely to take the matter to court, this has taken the edge off my smile now:confused:

Quote:

Originally Posted by poochball viewpost.gif

Does anyone else think they are likely to take the matter to court, this has taken the edge off my smile now

I wouldnt worry. They would need a copy of the agreement to prove the debt exists. Also they would need to prove THEIR right to colect it. Thats my opinion but doubtless some wiser more experienced folk can give you the legal view. Keep smiling

Hi

As stated already, if a creditor does not comply with a s77/78 request, he is not permitted to enforce the agreement until such time (if at all) that he does comply.

As Aktiv have confirmed in writing that they cannot comply then they will not be able to enforce.

I would send the letter as recommended by Curlyben and add that if they continue to attempt to enforce the agreement that you will commence proceedings under the Protection from Harassment Act.

If they are stupid enough to ignore this and start court action against you then you should demand that they produce the agreement they are attempting to enforce. The fact that they could prove that you received the money/goods means nothing - No agreement - No debt!

Regards, Pam

VITAL - IF YOU HAVE AN ISSUE ABOUT THE INCREASED BAILIFFS' POWERS TO BREAK INTO YOUR HOME AND USE FORCE IN ORDER TO GET YOUR GOODS THEN JOIN THE PETITION HERE:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.c o....l#post53879 9

Anyone seeing this who wants to help by copying it to their signature please do.

Hi

As stated already, if a creditor does not comply with a s77/78 request, he is not permitted to enforce the agreement until such time (if at all) that he does comply.

As Aktiv have confirmed in writing that they cannot comply then they will not be able to enforce.

I would send the letter as recommended by Curlyben and add that if they continue to attempt to enforce the agreement that you will commence proceedings under the Protection from Harassment Act.

If they are stupid enough to ignore this and start court action against you then you should demand that they produce the agreement they are attempting to enforce. The fact that they could prove that you received the money/goods means nothing - No agreement - No debt!

Regards, Pam

Thanks Inkogneeto, will do that ASAP,

regards,

Rinkydinkydoo:-)

HI

I concur with the above except i would quote the administration of justice act 1970 section 40 to get them off your back i have found the harresment act is more suitable for personal harresmnet stalkers etc.

1970 Administration of Justice act section 40

PUTTING PRESSURE ON DEBTORS OR THIRD PARTIES IS CONSIDERED TO BE OPPRESSIVE

This includes:

· Contacting you too frequently

· Pressurising you to sell property or take out more debt

· Using more than one collection company at the same time or not telling you when your debt has been passed to another company

· Pressurising you to pay in full or in large instalments you cannot afford

· Making threatening gestures or statements

· Ignoring disputes about whether you owe the money

· Trying to embarrass you in public or threatening to tell a third party about your debts such as a neighbour or your family

Regards

Peter

• Haha 1

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES TO COLD CALLERS PROMISING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES FOR COSTLY TELEPHONE CONSULTATIONS WITH SO CALLED "EXPERTS" THEY INVARIABLY ARE NOTHING OF THE SORT

BEWARE OF QUICK FIX DEBT SOLUTIONS, IF IT LOOKS LIKE IT IS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE IT INVARIABLY IS

HI

I concur with the above except i would quote the administration of justice act 1970 section 40 to get them off your back i have found the harresment act is more suitable for personal harresmnet stalkers etc.

1970 Administration of Justice act section 40

PUTTING PRESSURE ON DEBTORS OR THIRD PARTIES IS CONSIDERED TO BE OPPRESSIVE

This includes:

· Contacting you too frequently

· Pressurising you to sell property or take out more debt

· Using more than one collection company at the same time or not telling you when your debt has been passed to another company

· Pressurising you to pay in full or in large instalments you cannot afford

· Making threatening gestures or statements

· Ignoring disputes about whether you owe the money

· Trying to embarrass you in public or threatening to tell a third party about your debts such as a neighbour or your family

Regards

Peter

Aaaarrgh! Peter is right and I am wrong! I'm going to sulk now! :oops::-|:D

VITAL - IF YOU HAVE AN ISSUE ABOUT THE INCREASED BAILIFFS' POWERS TO BREAK INTO YOUR HOME AND USE FORCE IN ORDER TO GET YOUR GOODS THEN JOIN THE PETITION HERE:

Anyone seeing this who wants to help by copying it to their signature please do.

Aaaarrgh! Peter is right and I am wrong! I'm going to sulk now! :oops::-|:D

Hey, dont sulk, its a holiday you know, its a time to be happy, LOL, or not if you have to sand the floor and do the painting, I,d much rather be in Chester doing some serious retail therapy.:)

Hey, dont sulk, its a holiday you know, its a time to be happy, LOL, or not if you have to sand the floor and do the painting, I,d much rather be in Chester doing some serious retail therapy.:)

Hi

I'm only sulking 'cos Peter keeps telling me that women won't admit when they're wrong and I've told him that this is because we're never wrong! :D:cool::lol:

But this time I've had to admit it for the benefit of accuracy and now I'll never hear the end of it! :o;)

Regards, Pam

But try telling Peter that!! :D

Hi Pam

I'm off to the shops to get another frame and some ink for me printer:)

Regards

Peter

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES FOR COSTLY TELEPHONE CONSULTATIONS WITH SO CALLED "EXPERTS" THEY INVARIABLY ARE NOTHING OF THE SORT

BEWARE OF QUICK FIX DEBT SOLUTIONS, IF IT LOOKS LIKE IT IS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE IT INVARIABLY IS

HI Pam

It;s not true that you will never hear the last of it

Peter