HELP please! - statements destroyed

alex69

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5324 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello folks,

I am considering reclaiming our mortgage exit fees.

We have had four mortgages redeemed over the past six years (due to house moves/moving in together), none of which incurred early redemption penalties as I was careful not to get tied in to any such agreement. However all, from memory, have incurred MEAF's.

My concern is that I no longer have the settlement statements from any of the four banks concerned so do not really feel that I can approach them for repayment without actual figures.

What I'd like to know is, should I simply send each an S.A.R. in exactly the same way as when reclaiming charges? Or would my solicitor be duty bound to keep the conveyancing files, in which case I could request the info from him?

Any assistance you can offer would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks to you in advance!

Hi

Don't worry if you haven't got any details your old lender should still be able to find you on the system, firstly check out Action on rip-off mortgage exit fees | This is Money if you know the approximate dates you held each of the mortgages this site will tell you what the increase was.

Who are the four previous lenders?

Hi westwell and thank you .... I will be sure to check out that site.

As it happens, I also spoke with my solicitor this morning and he was only too happy to go through my old files and drag out the copy mortgage settlement statements .... free of charge!

He also reminded me about a cheque he was ready to send me for £60 which was an amount retained over 2 years ago in case of any comebacks on a ground rent query. I'd forgotten all about it!

To answer your question, the lenders were Yorkshire BS, Skipton, NatWest and RBoS.

I will keep you posted but meantime, thanks again.

Good luck, I had a £65 refund from skipton building society I just used the template letter and recieved a cheque within 2 weeks. I had no idea of my old mortgage numbers or the amount I paid.

Some lenders like Halifax etc will issue a refund just by a quick phonecall.