Barclaycard - "we have no record of you"!

alex69

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5318 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello all,

I'm a new member here so please bear with me as I'm new to all this ....

I've recently fired off 6 S.A.R's and received responses so far on 3, the others being due no later than 6th April.

The charges I'm chasing relate to a number of accounts which are no longer in existence (most were closed just over 2 years ago) and were at a different address. I've sent off proof of my new address and copy of passport and obviously given them the old address they would have on thier records.

However, whilst I've successfully received summaries of charges from Monument and Halifax and subsequently have sent them my initial request for repayment, Barclaycard have written saying they have no record of my account with them. They also state that, if the account has been clsoed, then it is possible that their records have been deleted. I thought that it was a legal requirement for them to keep financial data for a given period of time (6 years?).

I find this particularly irritating as Barclaycard were one of the worst offenders for unlawful charges to my account as far as I remember.

Can anyone offer any info on their obligations to keep the info or suggest what I might do next? Your help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance, Alex

Hi Alex69, this is my first post too. Up to now I've had total success with my claims. I decided to go after Lloyds two older and closed accounts, one of which led Lloyds to pursue a CCJ. They could find no trace of me despite all the various addresses reference no's and CCJ no. I decided to estimate an amount of default charges and wrtote to them. No reply, no surprise. I started a Claim online for the est amount plus costs and interest. Lloyds acknowledged the claim at the last minute and I now await their defence. I too am in a position of not really knowing where I stand with this case and would appreciate anyone who knows to let us know if we can pursue estimated charges in the absence of accurate data. Incidentally I also complained to the Information Commissioner about the breach of Data Protection. Good luck...

Barclaycard have written saying they have no record of my account with them. They also state that, if the account has been clsoed, then it is possible that their records have been deleted.
Contact them saying youre not happy with their comments, It is a legal requirement that they hold your information for, I think 10 years, [you will need to check this]

You have the right to the information and if it is not released without delay you will take the matter further,

http://www.findmadeleine.com/

http://news.sky.com/skynews/madeleine

If I dont reply to a direct question please feel free to PM me.