Tesco internet bill, need advice pls.

mrsnd

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5321 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

I'm new here and was hoping someone could help.

I've been a Tesco internet customer for two years now. Started with Tesco dial-up which was fixed monthly amount. Soon got fed up and changed to Broadband.Can't say I ever had any problems until recently. At the beginning of February I moved house. Phoned Tesco a week before to let them know and they said it could take up to 30 days but usualy only 10. Once we moved I kept calling every couple of days to check on progress and every time I was told they don't know yet. Also every time I phoned they didn't recognise my new details on the system. Unfortunately I didn't pay much attention to it until about 3wks later when I pointed it out. They put me on hold and few minutes later told me that BT had said it can't conect my Broadband as the phone line is not BT?! I wasn't happy to say the least. I recognised it was my fault for assuming that the line is BT (it says on the box) but surely BT told them of this problem much before 3 wks. Anyway I installed a new line and a week later got a letter from tesco saying they are sorry but a lot of people have applied for their Broadband services in our area so it will take longer then expected but I'm wellcome to use dial-up and that is where the problem starts!

The other day I got my bill from them for just under £150!! They charged per minute for dial up £138!!! :eek: In the first letter they sent me they never said they will charge per minute (or whatever they call it) or how much that minute would cost. As I was Dial-up customer when I started and as such only paid fixed monthly bill I never had reason to think I might be charged anyway different. I need to send them the letter of complaint but they are also asking for copy of the letter they sent me but I threw it away once my Broadband was connected (!!) and they don't seem to have a copy of it on the system.

Where do I stand? Can I stop them from charging me this huge bill as I feel it's unfair?:confused:

Any advice would be appreciated.

Many thanks.