"Financial Linkage" from joint account

mollywobbles
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6237 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello

I wonder if anyone can help with a question I had with regard to an account I am opening with the Nationwide.

I am now good with money, and want this account to set up DDMs for all our household bills. The best they can offer me due to my bad financial behaviour as a student was a flexaccount with no overdraft or debit card which is absolutely fine for me.

My partner has asked me if we should perhaps make this a joint account, thus enabling us both to access things etc.

My question is, would an application for a joint account have a negative impact on his credit rating due to being "financially linked" with me?

The woman I spoke with read out the Ts&Cs that stated that any joint application would result in financial linkage - what I am unsure about is the possible implications for him of my credit history - can he be penalised for things I did before we met?

Will our living together with joint tenancy agreements etc result in our financial linkage regardless of account applications?

I would really appreciate any help offered x

It is my understanding that if an account is linked ie with your partner, then their data is also seen when you as an individual make an application for Credit. I beleive it would have an impact, as to how much of an impact I am uncertain.

Thanks

Completed:

Woolwich: Received £30

Intelligent Finance: Received £1100 after two years and approximately 20 letters, 6 pieces of hair and an eyeball.

Barclaycard: Received £90

HFC: Received £170

It is my understanding that if an account is linked ie with your partner, then their data is also seen when you as an individual make an application for Credit. I beleive it would have an impact, as to how much of an impact I am uncertain.

Thanks

If you live together, you're financially 'linked' anyway .... Try Nat West Basic account ??

Just hate every DCA out there