Glennyboy v Barclaycard

glennyboy
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6126 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just started on Barclaycard and it's going exactly as I expected.

S.A.R sent 05.03.07, with £10 fee.

Received statements today as far back as March 2004.Mr Paul Dickinson of Customer Services states the rest are on Microfiche,they don't believe they are covered my the D.P.A, but will supply them as a "gesture of goodwill". Barclaycard have made this clear to the Data Protection Regulator,The Informaytion Commissioner.He also says that all requests are being dealt with in the order they are received and it may take up to 6 weeks.

So he can have this and get on with it.

Barclaycard Account Number: **** ***** ***** ****

Dear Mr Thank you for your communication of 26th March 2007 , enclosing statements from June 2004 until present. You state that statements prior to this are kept on Microfiche, which may take up to six weeks to process. You also state that you do not believe that these Microfiche records come within the scope of the Data Protection Act, but you are happy to provide them as a gesture of goodwill.

I consider this to be a prime example of delaying tactics employed by your company , as eminently displayed on The Consumer Action Group website. The evidence is there to see, in all your repetitive actions.

I also note with interest your comments regarding the processing of applications in the order in which they are received. Quite frankly, in a well structured organisation I would not expect anything different.

Once again I request a fully comprehensive list of all the default charges/over limit fees back to March 2001 . You have 40 days from 6th March 2007 to provide this information and you have been supplied with the appropriate £10.00p fee in the form of postal order No ******************

You have until 16th April 2007 to comply with my request. I will then seek remedy from the Information Commissioner.

Sincerely,

Glenny boy

Funny how they never listen. This is going to be good sport.

• 1 month later...

After having a win against Egg I am now going after Bar****dCard.

I am owed about £800 and , feeling brave, want to claim contractual interest. I can't get any of the spreadsheets to add the days up or the interest.What I am I doing wrong?????:-? :-?

One and a half hours typing gone up the wall!!!!!:evil:

Fresh start today, and a clearer head. I have found a simple credit card spreadie on the templates and it is working everything out so far ( eg days since charge and interest).

I have just one really daft question.

In the interest column, do I put the monthly amount , 1.385%, or times it by twelve to get APR ?

If I do the latter it seems a bit high, for example £20 charged in March 2002, now has £8.40 in interest on it, if charged at 16.5%

Everything else seems clear. Any experienced claimers out there ??

Numbers sound right to me. My card rate was 27.6% though. Compound interest is how they hit you where it hurts. It's what you've paid on the money you borrowed (shocker innit!) You should do the same to them;)

Barclays - 2 Accounts - WON

Capital 1 - WON with CI

LTSB - WON

LTSB pre 6 years - N1 for non compliance filed

Barclays pre 6 years - Prelim sent

• 1 month later...

Barclaycard are not playing ball. Offered a measly "Goodwill gesture", saying my legal argument is not recognised, so it's off to Court!!

Cant find anything that explains claim process for a thicko like me.I can get my head around composing a bundle, but at what point does it get submitted.

Do I fill out the N1 and take it to the Court, await a hearing and then submit my bundle? When do they want the fee paid? Or do I take the whole lot on the same day and pay there and then?

If they have offered a small refund/goodwill gesture,what amount can I claim back if I have been asking for contractual from day one. Is it the balance and interest on the outstanding amount, up to the day of submission to Court?

Anyone out there can help?

Don't worry about your court bundle right now.

You fill the N1 out http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/681-4-particulars-claim-n1.html

Print 3 copies

Also 3 copies of your spreadsheet + interest - I have never done CI so can't help you there, but this will bump for you!

You pay the court when you hand all your papers in - the clerk will go through it all for you if you ask nicely.

Good luck!

• Haha 1

Thanks for that. The only problem is, I can't seem to get the form up on the site or the Courts website. It's just a blank page. Don't know why.Can I pick them up from the Court house?