Offer of settlement

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5573 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I submitted my letter asking for a full refund of my charges. I have today received a letter offering to refund less than half as a full and final settlement. There is no explanation of how they arrive at the figure and I am thinking that they are trying to see if I'll settle knowing that really they should pay the full amount. Anybody got any guidance on this please?

It is very common for haliprats to do this.

There is a rejection letter...http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/25716-rejecting-offers.html

You can just tweak the letter to make it suitable for you.

Please read these as you will see what to expect next.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/31460-example-step-step-instructions.html

A lot of people at this stage are phoning them and demanding the full amount

and recieving it.

You dont say how far you got before you recieved the offer. If you are carrying on, just send the rejection letter and carry on as planned.

• Haha 1

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

I submitted my letter asking for a full refund of my charges. I have today received a letter offering to refund less than half as a full and final settlement. There is no explanation of how they arrive at the figure and I am thinking that they are trying to see if I'll settle knowing that really they should pay the full amount. Anybody got any guidance on this please?

Hi Dell I have been in process of claiming since 17 Jan usual SAR, prelim then LBA was due to enter claim in court on Friday. Got a call very polite today at 1.30pm, lady with offer of 1700 said sorry but no, put on hold 10 seconds came back with what will you accept. Asked for full amount 2295 another 10 seconds hold then yes we will send you acceptance form.

So you could try calling customer relations it will only cost you coppers to phone if they say no, but they could offer you full refund. They will also know you will then go all the way if not offered full refund.

They can only say yes or no so either way no harm done to you.

dpick;)

cannot find it A to Z

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/consumer-forums-website-questions/53182-cant-find-what-youre.html

Halifax :D

Paid in full £2295

MBNA:mad: 20/03/2008 settled in full out of court

Capital One:D

07/07/2007 Capital one charges paid in full £1666

19/01/2008 recovered PPI £2216 + costs

Littlewoods :-D

12/08/2007 write off £1176.10 debt.

JD Williams charges refunded in full £640

Hi I had a letter offering me about half as full and final settlement so I sent back the refusal of offer letter, gave them a further 10 days and have received today an offer for the full amount. The 10 days were up tomorrow so they just replied in time to save themselves the interest once it was filed in court.

Good luck and keep going

dandylion

:D

Dandylion