no joy with dpa barclaycard----help?

fergal71
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6368 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

i have been trying to get my statements using dpa and a miss lyndsey hilton from lrc department at barclaycard has stated that I can only have from march 2004 under dpa as before that they are on microfiche, has anybody else received statements under dpa early than that and which address did they send too as I could do with some evidence for miss hilton.....

Only direct action by the masses will work....

Look at all successes they have never come from negotiation!!!

Guest Lueeze

I have the same problem, they are refusing to give it out. see DPA compliance letters in the templates section, I have printed one of those off.

I think im just going to pay £3 for the 13 months im due so I dont get delayed, and then add it to my claim...I have also complained to the IC.

Lou x

Hiya,

I am also at the same stage. Think many of us are now. Lueeze have you sent them the letter template 1 in the DPA FQA? I was going to send the 3 pound per statement but was unsure whether to send that template and then see what they say to that letter. Would like to know if anyone has had progress since the letter template 1?

Kaz

Sent

Halifax (mortgage), Barclaycard and BOS DPA letters.

I have staements since may 04 free f charge, so what I have tried is to estimate by multiplying charges for 2 years by 3 to make 6 years and sending them prelim letter... surely if they want to fight it and I have over estimated they will soon find relevant info when we go to claim online stage... what do you think????

• Haha 1

The letter telling you to pay for statements is about as good as it gets. They seem to ignore the bit in the DPA request andjust teel us to politely go away.

I have had the same response from them along with a lot of other people.

I sent them an EMail on saturday informing them that they had a further 7 days to comply with DAP_ request (yes I know the time is up but will report them if they answer email)

I basically said they had the option of providing info or as they are well aware why I want this information (they are learning quickly) They could charge me for the statements and I would include it in the claim of unlawful charges. :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I have just spoken to Barclaycard about this microfisc rubbish. I decided that a £3 charge per statement was worth biting considering i have £24-£48 charges on each one. So I spoke to a call center in Manchester and requested the 22 statements at £66 be added to my account. I was then told I did not have enough credit on my account to do this. I asked as a good will guesture that they give back the last 2 charges on my account for £48. they said yes. I then asked what credit was avaliable and was told £78 so asked if I could order the statments now and was told yes!!!!!????? all in one call, amazing!

What i want to know now is can i claim these back (£3 per statment x22) when i start my claim?

Thanks

I must admit to share your frustration about the microfiche arguement. I've been stuck in that one too. Still the Information Commisioner sides with Barclaycard despite some of the wordsmithing of the letters received from complaints under the DPA.

I really do think that complaints should still be made to the IC, because complaints need to be answered, that costs money, and since the IC is a quango and strapped for cash it'll be under pressue to balance the books. I don't think that it will be long before the IC will cave in (because of costs) to back the complaints about Barclaycard microfiche. When that happens, the floodgates will open.

There's more than one way of skinning a cat.

Mike

If I've helped tip my scales

Blair Oliver & Scott, £2500 written off December 2006 Default removed January 2007:D

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt/56001-mike220359-blair-oliver-scott.html

Monument, didn't sign the agreement

:D

Lloyds TSB didn't sign the agreement!

Citicards, didn't sign the agreement

RBS tut, tut!

:rolleyes:

Morgan Stanley, oh dear

• 2 weeks later...
Still the Information Commisioner sides with Barclaycard despite some of the wordsmithing of the letters received from complaints under the Data Protection Act.

How so? Was under the impression that the ICO was on our side? This thread was one of a few I've read giving that impression. Have things changed?

If my post has been useful, tip my scales and let me know

Always start with the User guide!

Stuck with RBS charges? Click here!!

RBS CA1 £2794 SETTLED!!! RBS CA2 £503 SETTLED!!! HBOS CC £498 SETTLED!!! Barclaycard £705 (with CCI) ONGOING!!! NATWEST CA ONGOING!!! LLOYDS CA x 2, CC, LOAN ONGOING!!! HFC LOAN ONGOING!!!

Think this thread will clear things up pretty soon.....

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/abbey-bank/38333-information-commissioner-finds-against.html

Decision on Barclays / Barclaycard is imminent!

If my post has been useful, tip my scales and let me know

Always start with the User guide!

Stuck with RBS charges? Click here!!

RBS CA1 £2794 SETTLED!!! RBS CA2 £503 SETTLED!!! HBOS CC £498 SETTLED!!! Barclaycard £705 (with CCI) ONGOING!!! NATWEST CA ONGOING!!! LLOYDS CA x 2, CC, LOAN ONGOING!!! HFC LOAN ONGOING!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

The most difficult company to reclaim charges from is Barclaycard. I started DPA back in July 2006 but was not following up hence the delay. I received the usual May 2004 statements. I want to make a complaint to OFT but I am not sure what to say, can anyone provide me with an OFT complaint letter template, I would appreciate your help. Thanks

Abbey:

Settled in Full after 1st Prelim letter 23 January 2006 :D

Halifax: :D

Settled in Full at court 21 June 2006

NatWest: :D

Settled in Full at court 22 June 2006

Barclaycard:

Data Protection Act Letter sent 09 June 2006, Microfiche letter 20 July 2006, response sent 10 Aug 2006.

Monument:

Data Protection Act Letter sent 09 June 2006. Kept up to date with delays for info. Statements rec'd 12 August 2006

Barclays (Mother):

DPA Letter sent 14 June 2006. DPA cheque sent back 23 June 2006 will provide statements for FREE:-) . Statements rec'd 12 August 2006.

Lloyds TSB:

Coming next

Capital One:

Coming next

Hi

The most difficult company to reclaim charges from is Barclaycard. I started Data Protection Act back in July 2006 but was not following up hence the delay. I received the usual May 2004 statements. I want to make a complaint to OFT but I am not sure what to say, can anyone provide me with an OFT complaint letter template, I would appreciate your help. Thanks

You need to reply to the information commissioner, if you go onto that site and go to complaints you can either fill out a form online or download one.

Mike

If I've helped tip my scales

Blair Oliver & Scott, £2500 written off December 2006 Default removed January 2007:D

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt/56001-mike220359-blair-oliver-scott.html

Monument, didn't sign the agreement

Lloyds TSB didn't sign the agreement!

Citicards, didn't sign the agreement

RBS tut, tut!

Morgan Stanley, oh dear

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 11 March 2019.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6368 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks