chargebuster1 v bank of scotland

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6206 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi

started the process on monday although now i feel like i jumped into the deep end a bit sent a letter asking for over £800 to be refunded sent another today cause i had a nother £350 of charges in just 3 weeks have asked for a reply within 7 days mayb i should of given longer i dont knw,seemed so straight forward at the beginning now i am unsure,what do i do next?

Hi there read through the FAQ's and bank template letters first thats the best advice I was given at the beginning, it will save a lot of time and help avoid making any mistakes, read my thread Johniedepp v bos

keep fighting or theyll keep charging

Good luck JD

omg....how stupid am i,i didnt sent letter recorded delivery and i sent it to some address in edinburgh...its going to get lost i just knw it:( oh well suppose i can start again by using this site really should of done more research bt the guy at the local money matters made it sound so easy...if only :(

Don't panic chargebuster

Recorded allows you to have a record of sending it.

Neither of mine were signed for at the Bank and Royal Mail say they haven't been delivered yet!even tho my claim is done and just waiting on the money in account!

Was it the Mound in Edinburgh? thats ok too.Just take a deep breath and follow the procedures example-step-step-instructions. and the FAQ's frequently-asked-questions as JD says.

You send your Prelim as you had your charges didnt you?

Wait 14 days

Send your LBA with the schedule of charges

Wait 14 days

File at court if it gets that far.

It IS easy.

Keep reading and keep :cool:

Prelim Sent -27/02/07....

Response Letter rec'd -13/03/07....

LBA Sent -15/03/07...

Court claim due-30/03/07

Offer received(10p/cent short)-declined for full amount-28/03/07

Success FULL 6yr amount offered-29/03/07:D

........not yet received because they want me to accept conditions!!:(

Just to keep u updated

I thought i would give the accounts enquiries a call just to c if they had received my letter,spoke to a nice lady named Jackie there was nothing to say that my letter had been received she said that i could be waiting for up to 4 wks for a reply due to the "media hype",she advised me to phone back on monday to c if letter has been received.Heres hoping :)

Roll on Monday then!

I would keep to the 14 days as that is giving them well enough time to look into things.

Fingers x'd for you ,you'll feel happier when you know they've received it.

LBA Sent -15/03/07...

Court claim due-30/03/07

Yes but send one with the next letter too just to reiterate what you are claiming.

LBA Sent -15/03/07...

Court claim due-30/03/07

Thanks for ur help change it,i actually feel like i knw what im doing now:)

I should receive something by the 9th,if not send LBA with copy of monies owed,that correct?

Funny thing is the longer they keep putting it off for the more money i ask for back they keep sending me charges,they seem to b quick enough to do that.

was told by a rather unpleasant guy at the bank today that they have 8 wks to respond he also said that they dont have to reply within the timescale i set as they havent signed t's and c's with me.Now what do i do?stick to waiting til the 9th for a reply

Stick to your timescales>Hes trying to fob you off but you are in control.Its you who's taking them to court isn't it.(If it goes that far)

Thats right if you don't recieve anything by the 9th then send off the LBA with charges spreadsheet for the total you are claiming. (I would make it 10th giving them a day to receive the letter posted on the 26th)

Its as simple as that, but just keep reading up as much as you can because there always is the possibilty it might go to court and you would want to be prepared.

Chill :cool: ,you're doing fine.

LBA Sent -15/03/07...

Court claim due-30/03/07

had no word back from bank and they should of received letter(that was sent on the 26/3/07)letter stated that i wanted a reply within 7 days,if i give them the 14 days that takes us to bank holiday monday.I have tried to be positive but there seems to be so many obstacles now.

Although i will wait til the 10th before i send LBA just really hope i havent got to wait 8 wks for a reply and i really dont want to go to court.I just want my money and it seems like now everyones claiming charges back you have to wait a long time.

can u believe this had a phone call from someone from bos they have put a stop on my account grrrr :(

So i called customer relations to c if my letter has been received it has and they have sent me a reply stating that they r looking into my complaint and have 8 weeks to do so.

Do i send LBA now or not??

Hi chargebuster

Did they say why they had put a stop on it?

Just stick to your timescales.Send your LBA on the 10th if that will be your 14 day deadline.

LBA Sent -15/03/07...

Court claim due-30/03/07

They said it was cause my account was overdrawn and i said that it wouldnt b if they stopped with the charges,its a no win situation as far as i can c.

They r getting wise to the refund thing so now have decided to stop accounts that way they cant apply anymore charges.

BOS JUST GIVE ME BACK MY MONEY.

*UPDATE*

Had reply from bank today it just says,

Thank you for your complaint.

we are sorry to learn that you are unhappy with the charges debited to your bank account.Please note the handling rules set by our regulator,the financial services Authority,gives us 8 weeks to investigate and respond to complaints.

Our commitment to you is that we will respond to your concerns at the earliest possible opportunity.However,we want to ensure the issues you raised are thoroughly investigated.If,for any reason.we are unable to respond fully to your concerns within the next 4 weeks we will write to update you of our progress.

Is this the standard letter everyones been receiving?and do i send LBA to the address thats stated on the letter?

Yes this is the standard. Ignore it and send the lba 14 days from the prelim.

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

Yes the standard one, bin it.

Carry on sending things to trinity road.

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

Went to local branch today to try and get money out from my isa they had to phone some other place to c if they could get the stop on my account lifted was told that the only way that would happen is if i cleared my £105 unauthorised overdraft first i said that i couldnt afford to do that today as they had already taken £188(working tax/child benefit tax) from me today i tried to explain i needed the money to buy food for my 5 children they were having none of it,in the end i told them to close all 3 of my accounts and give me my money i ended up with £66 so bos have taken £400 from me today.i am so angry and upset surely they could of came to some arrangement.Now i cant wait for the next stage.