Tractorgirl V Nationwide

Guest TractorGirl
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5962 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Guest TractorGirl

He he

Putting the date aside how many days would be reasonable fbefore filing for judgement MTM ?

TG

Try writing to Nationwide to remind them that they have NOW exceeded the date for submitting their Defence to the Court.

Also mention that if they continue to fail to do so, or alternatively, fail to Settle your Claim in FULL within the next 7 days, U will File for 'Judgement by Default'.

This should concentrate their thoughts/actions + also look good for U in front of a District Judge, if your Claim goes further.

Guest TractorGirl

I will be filing for "judgement by default" Friday 20th AM if they don't cough up or submit a defence by 23.59 on Thursday

I received a letter from Lloyds solicitors today stating that they want to settle in full.......RESULT

2nd claim for nationwide to get finalised and then I am all upto date

Wo woo

Guest TractorGirl

Nationwide should have settled by 9th july have wrote them a letter giving them 7 days notice before I file for judgement as they are well over the allowance time.

According MTM it would favour me if it went to court by me notifying them rather then jump straight in there with a judgement by default

Like me don't jump straight into it either

Guest TractorGirl

Thats fine but with me they had until 9th july and as yet haven't done so, however received an email from Charles Bacon today saying they no receipt of my claim, so will fax them in the morning at their request.

Probably a delaying tactic though me thinks !!

Guest TractorGirl

MTM

Please help me, I sent them a 7 day final reminder re Judgment by default expiry date 23.59 on 19th July. On 17th July i received an email from "charlie bacon" saying the docs never received etc, so faxed and emailed a scanned copy.

I filed for Judgment on 20th july, received letter from MCOL today that judgment has been filed as per my request!!!

A few questions,

What happens now ?

When do I request the Warrant ?

Cheers TG xx

MTM...Please help me
Sorry for the delay in replying.

My PC's Boot Sector got corrupted on 15/07 + it's took me forever to round up a set of OS Re-installation Discs + my ISP Modem Driver Disc.

Not to mention Downloading Software Updates etc. + dealing with a backlog of E-mails.

The small matter of trying to recover potentially lost files + other data from my 'old' HDD (...@ approx cost of £300!!!) is still pending!

On 17th July i received an email from "charlie bacon" saying the docs never received etc, so faxed and emailed a scanned copy.
Have thought about this one...

Ol' 'Smokey' is Nationwide's regular In-House Brief who dealt with Claims against Nationwide up to just a couple of months ago.

Since then, Nationwide have sub-contracted out a lot of the legal aspect of Claims to Eversheds according to more recent Posts of Claimants.

Just cos your 1st Claim was dealt with by Ol' 'Smokey', it doesn't necessarily follow that your subsequent Claim would be dealt with by him?!

U haven't Posted that he definitely IS...just that U have E-mailed him + he has replied denying ALL knowledge of the details of your Claim.

Is it possible that, for once, a Claimant is being actually told the truth??!...:eek:

I filed for Judgment on 20th july, received letter from MCOL today that judgment has been filed as per my request!!!

A few questions,

What happens now ?

When do I request the Warrant ?

The copy of the 'Judgement by Default' letter that the Court would have sent out to U by now, would normally state a date by which the Defendant has to pay the Claimant.

If U STILL haven't received the details, contact the Court/MCOL.

Mindful of any possible application by Nationwide to have the 'Judgement by Default' Set Aside...

Pick out the relevant info from the already previously given Thread...

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/nationwide/97774-disco_dolly-nationwide-help-court.html

...Pay particular attention to the further links contained within the above Thread.

Guest TractorGirl

Hi MTM

Nationwide may have been telling the truth initially about not receiving this notice of issue....This was his mail

Dear Miss TG

Thank you for your e-mail.

I regret that I cannot find any record of your claim being received by

Nationwide.

Would it be possible for you to fax a copy of the claim to me on 01793

657660? I will then ensure that it receives immediate attention.

Yours sincerely,

Charles Bacon

So I faxed a copy to this number 17th July and emailed a scanned copy which was read within 20 minutes of me sending it. He stated this would receive immediate attention, Yes if immediate also translates for do absolutely nothing

I filed for judgement on 20th due to absolutely no response, received a letter from MCOL stating judgement was filed on 20th, but that was it, no further advices in that letter, nor has any additional docs turned up.

Hi TractorGirl!

What I was inferring was that it may NOT be Monsieur Bacon who is acting for Nationwide for this particular Claim!

The following links contain further useful info on the process that may be helpful to U...

No reply to my claim form

Enforcing judgment

I remember that Nationwide once made an application to have the 'Judgement By Default' Set Aside on the grounds of them 'losing' the Details of the Claim due to them being swamped by the sheer nos. of Claims that they were having to deal with!

btw...They were granted their Set Aside!!!

Guest TractorGirl

MTM

how can they have this set aside ?

Even if they genuinely misplaced the original notice, they received further copies by fax and email which all had tracking and yet they still chose to ignore !!!

Judgement was filed on 20th, this is what I emailed today with a 3rd and final copy of the notice

Further to your email (see attached) requesting a copy of the Notice of

Issue and your advices that this will receive immediate attention, I am

writing to inform you that this claim remains unanswered, therefore I

have had no alternative but to request a JUDGMENT BY DEFAULT. Judgement

was requested on 20th July as per my previous correspondence below

A warrant will be issued in 10 days from 27th July. Any additional

costs occurred by the claimant would be added to the outstanding claim

I trust that this will suffice and look forward to receiving a positive

response

All emails sent and received have tracking attached

Yours sincerely

How many opportunities do they want ?

I am not jumping in here, I followed your advice and gave them a further7 days for judgement would be filed, still nothing, and have now given them 10th August before i issue the warrant, Is this not reasonable ?

Could I have grounds for any other compo too ?

xx

Guest TractorGirl

HI ALL

Received cheque for full payment today, why they didn't just credit my account is anyone's guess but hey ho,

Hopefully this will be my last claim with nationwide, however they keep putting £20 un authorised o/d fee on the account, even though I am no where near it, then it gets credited 24 hours later, this has happened for 3 months now !!!

• 4 months later...

Hi again Tractorgirl!

I hope U don't mind me adding to your Thread after U have WON, so as to bump it back up to the 1st page of the Nationwide Forum whilst everyone is hanging around for the OFT Test Case??...:)

Other Newbie Nationwide Claimants will be able to read of your success + take heart that even though Nationwide have taken everyone to the wire, if they DON'T give up, they will get there in the end!!!

I will add the link to your Contractual Interest Question Thread that U started when U were Claiming from LTSB.

There were some interesting points raised at the time on it...

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/lloyds-bank/87860-contractual-interest-simple-claim.html

...It should be noted that the main two people arguing both for + against C.I. had both had successful Claims for C.I. at the time.

(World War 3 had not long since broken out across the CAG Forums cos an ill prepared C.I. Claimant had had substantial Costs awarded against them in a failed Claim + the 'Official' view, had shifted towards NOT advising Claimants to take the risk of Claiming C.I. unless they were 100% confident in their arguments.)

Like ALL things legal though, a recent Court Case involving Sempra Metals Ltd. has once again pushed the envelope back...

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/cases-library/106112-sempra-metals-irc-july.html

IMHO...This has re-opened the doors to C.I. being a worthwhile topic for Newbies to research further, before actually starting their Claims, if they so wish to.

btw...Best of Luck with your currently Stayed HBOS Claim Tractorgirl!...;)