Question and opinions

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5160 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I am about to issue a small claims but was wondering.

The total charges i have are £215. I had £116 of these charges refunded in their branch just before christmas as i had just reposited my chirstmas shopping money into the bank for safe keeping unaware they were about to steal half of it as i had been overdrawn (by £3) for 3 months.

They show up on my statements as a correction though i am wondering if i should issue my small claims for the full £215 as the only thing they could do is appear in court and dispute the amount (which i dont think they would do as it is a quite small amount)

I know most people will say only claim the £99 but they hassel i have had through the bank i feel i should give them some hassel back!! and what is the worst that can happen?

Being that they've already corrected your account I don't think they'd be willing to recompense you again for the £116 but it is worth chasing the remaining £99... maybe just phoning them for this amount would be an option before you actually go to the trouble of writing letters and setting deadlines.... I know its not a bank but I had the much the same trouble with Black Horse charging me for letters and late payments... I phoned them and asked them to total the charges which came to £205 and then asked if they were prepared to reverse them or do I need to go down the legal route and low and behold they done it there and then on the phone...

Give it a ao and keep us posted you never know your luck :)

Jaybabes

I have sent all the letters as standard and they have refused to refund the money atall. Im using the courts as a last resort and im curious if any1 thinks the banks will notice they have already refunded me half of the charges and if they did, would they have to dispute it in court?

From reading other threads on here I think its a standard letter they send to everyone refusing to pay... however if you've already issued your court proceedings then you may be lucky and get away with it as I have seen a couple of people on here who have been paid twice although whether the banks may look into cases and realise their mistakes at a later date remains to be seen.

Good luck :razz: