• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Red Death vs HFC

RedDeath
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6225 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I was hoping someone could help me out on this one. I'm not 100% sure that I am posting in the right forum.

I bought a pc out of pcworld 2 1/2 years ago. The loan to cover it was with HFC.

I am trying to trace my account number with them and where my details are stored. Anyone has contact for them at all that may help? I tried google but nothing relevant came up.

Thanks.

The branch network of HFC Bank is Beneficial Finance. They have branches in most major towns and cities in the UK. Anyone in the branch will be able to find your details.

Be warned though, they will try and sell you a loan to consolidate all your debts....! Expect an APR in the high 20's too!

If you don't want to speak to the branch, call their customer services line on 0121 214 4701.

Hope this helps.

• Haha 1

Thanks Scooby Doo,

Yes, that contact number worked. I managed to trace my account number and got the address for their customer services department. The guy on the phone was really unhelpful, but, I managed to get what I wanted. I resisted the temptation of telling them what I needed the information for. So, he is going to be sending me a copy of my statements in the post. Ha ha, saves me £10 I guess.

Next step is to ask for the removal of a default and ask for a signed copy of the original agreement. If that fails then it will have to ask for it to be removed because of the charges levied to the account.

At this moment I don't remember if I had PPI insurance on the agreement. Hope so that way I can claim for a little bit more back.

So, after LTSB, Cr@p One, here comes HFC. Any funny acronyms for HFC?

Thanks Scooby Doo,

Yes, that contact number worked. I managed to trace my account number and got the address for their customer services department. The guy on the phone was really unhelpful, but, I managed to get what I wanted. I resisted the temptation of telling them what I needed the information for. So, he is going to be sending me a copy of my statements in the post. Ha ha, saves me £10 I guess.

Next step is to ask for the removal of a default and ask for a signed copy of the original agreement. If that fails then it will have to ask for it to be removed because of the charges levied to the account.

At this moment I don't remember if I had PPI insurance on the agreement. Hope so that way I can claim for a little bit more back.

So, after LTSB, Cr@p One, here comes HFC. Any funny acronyms for HFC?

There are some absolute crackers:

High F***ing Charges is probably the most apt, but you may need to pick a less profane "F" word....!

• Haha 1

nah the F word seems quite appropriate to me.

Thanks again for the contact details, clicked your scales, now I can start a new claim as when I got home today found a letter by Capital One offering £1102.83!! A good day indeed!

OK here goes my next battle.

Sending letter out to HFC asking them to supply with a copy of my agreement with them as per Credit Consumer Act 1974 for the modest fee of £1. They have 14 days from receipt of the letter to provide me with a copy of the agreement or the default gets removed. Fingers crossed, this is one of the reasons that I can not get 100% mortgage.

I am also looking for money back from them for the charges that they imposed on my account but this is not my main priority, however, I will be going for the highest possible interest rate, compensation for stress and anguish (Capital One paid me £100 for this) time spent preparing the case (at £9.25 per hour).

Hopefully the statements they promised me will actually have all the information I need and I will be able to go straight to prelim stage without having to wait 40 days for a SAR request to be actioned.

So HFC....My name is RedDeath@6:14 and I will be your nightmare for the foreseable future, should references be required please send a SAR to Capital One, they will be happy to comply. Now that we have got rid of the formalities, lets get down to business and I am fighting dirty!!!!

Way to go RedDeath!

Like your style.

Don't forget - the CCA request is 12 working days limit, followed by 30 calendar days for criminal default.

Good luck to you!

Perseus

If my advice has helped, please click on my scales. Thank you!

MBNA - CRA file to be cleared then finished!

Abbey Personal - Final LBA 28/5/7 - then Court

Capital One - Final LBA 28/5/7 - then Court

GMAC - Sent DCA SAR 9th March 07 - confirmed not legally assigned.

Waiting for GMAC to provide breakdown of charges and CCA under s79

Alliance & Leicester - Final LBA 28/5/7 - then Court.

Very interesting Perseus. I thought it was 14 days, so 12 working days is not that much of an issue, however 30 calendar days for criminal default is very intersting. I'll have a scan for it, anything you could elaborate on?

If they do not respond with 12 working days, do I need to remind them? Then 30 calendar days and if no default has been removed I can move to "criminal" proceedings. Criminal? Can I have people arrested? Ok, maybe an ott remark, but would be really interested if you had any further info on it.

Cheers.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, I got my statement from HFC and I am really struggling at making this one out.

I have loads of Admin Fee Assess for £15, yet next to it where it says my balance the figure does not fluctuate at all. Every now and again there is an admin fee waiver and still the balance does not move at all. It is only when I make an actual payment that it seems to change.

I am a little concerned over this one.

Still ok to press ahead with standard prelim and every £15 charge there is. Total is £350.

Ok, I got my statement from HFC and I am really struggling at making this one out.

I have loads of Admin Fee Assess for £15, yet next to it where it says my balance the figure does not fluctuate at all. Every now and again there is an admin fee waiver and still the balance does not move at all. It is only when I make an actual payment that it seems to change.

I am a little concerned over this one.

Still ok to press ahead with standard prelim and every £15 charge there is. Total is £350.

The admin fees accrue in the background and don't actually form part of the balance you owe. I'm not sure why they chose to account for fees this way, but it does mean you are not charged any interest on them.

What happens is, when you are 14 days late with a payment, they charge £15. This doesn't get added to your balance. If you pay your normal monthly payment and bring the account up to date, then the £15 becomes payable and shows on the account as arrears. But it never shows as part of the balance.

So when you see admin fees being applied and reversed, the balance will not change. If you accrued a lot of fees and never paid them (in addition to your monthly payment), they would beocme payable at the end of the loan in one big payment. If you asked for a settlement figure, the late fees would be included in the closing balance.

So yes, I would still proceed as normal - HFC will insist you pay those late / admin fees if you don't contest them.

Cheers Scooby,

The balance was settled in full a year ago. I noticed at the end of the statement that the balance I paid was higher than the balance that was actually shown.

So I guess they owe me the full amount then.

Straight into prelim for all the charges then.